Vlad watching Euro 2008?

djh83

Will there be Vlad scouts in Austria/Switzerland? If so who do you realistically see us trying to sign?

would like to see us sign the turk servet, but hes out of our range i think. magnin from switzerland looked half decent also.

Horatio Caine
Will there be Vlad scouts in Austria/Switzerland? If so who do you realistically see us trying to sign?

Absolutely no-one.

FACT.

I don't think anyone playing at the tournament outwith the squad players in the Austrian, Romanian and Polish squads would even consider a move to Hearts. Marius Niculae would be our most realistic signing, but even he is being linked with a move back to Sporting Lisbon.

Florian Petre of CSKA Sofia or Nicolae Dica of Steaua Bucharest are both very skillful attacking midfielders, however even clubs in the part of the world have a bit of dosh behind them now so it would probably take a few million more than we have (nowt) to attract them.

As a football fan, I bet he has seen a fair few of the games himself. There will be one or two decent finds that we could get. As Martin suggests, Austrian, Swiss, Greek and Romanian players would be more available.

It all depends on how far VR wants to speculate.

I like the Greek right back Seitiridis but I think he got a big move a wee while ago. I also liked the Romanian left back Ratz but I know nothing of him. I wonder how available Swiss striker Derdiyok would be, he looked good too.

Truth be told, we won't sign anybody from this tournament.

As a football fan, I bet he has seen a fair few of the games himself. There will be one or two decent finds that we could get. As Martin suggests, Austrian, Swiss, Greek and Romanian players would be more available.

It all depends on how far VR wants to speculate.

I like the Greek right back Seitiridis but I think he got a big move a wee while ago. I also liked the Romanian left back Ratz but I know nothing of him. I wonder how available Swiss striker Derdiyok would be, he looked good too.

Truth be told, we won't sign anybody from this tournament.

Ratz = Shaktar = No chance.

Derdiyok = Basel = Would not be the first signing VR has made from said country.

Seitaridis = Atletico Madrid = No chance.

Ratz = Shaktar = No chance.

Derdiyok = Basel = Would not be the first signing VR has made from said country.

Seitaridis = Atletico Madrid = No chance.

Not strictly true chief, Jose Goncalves came from FC Thun!:eek: However Basle are a relatively wealthy and stable club, Derdiyok is considered one of the best young prospects in Switzerland, he would cost a few million and Basle is probably one of the few cities in Europe that has a higher standard of living than Edinburgh.

In other words, a complete non-starter.:sad:

I hear the Russian fitness coach is the bestest at star jumps and is European egg and spoon race champion. Fast Eddie better watch out.

That's about the extent of our signing options at this tournament I think. :dribble:

Sheriff Fatman

Don't go there, you will have people posting that Vlad is a liar because he didn't sign any Euro stars like they had seen someone mention somewhere.

Not strictly true chief, Jose Goncalves came from FC Thun!:eek: However Basle are a relatively wealthy and stable club, Derdiyok is considered one of the best young prospects in Switzerland, he would cost a few million and Basle is probably one of the few cities in Europe that has a higher standard of living than Edinburgh.

In other words, a complete non-starter.:sad:

Ach well. Three strikes then!

What about the rubbish defenders from Poland? :sad:

Im sure Vlad will be back in his castle in Lithuania watching the tournement and cheering on Russia. Since he is also the owner of a football club that he thinks should be challenging for the Champions League it would only be natural that he'd have his eyes peeled for potential signings. Surely. Even if it is only a Romanian bench warmer.

Ach well. Three strikes then!

What about the rubbish defenders from Poland? :sad:

Jop?

We could make up some sort of catchy song though... maybe after a crunching tackle on Zemmama?

'Jop kicks Zemama, kicks zemmama...' (to the Yop milkshake tune from the advert)...

...ok...that was p*sh and so is he, apparently. If we sign anyone from the Euros it will probably be someone of this ilk.

A polish player is a must for shirt sales ( think about it - how many in Edinburgh )

A polish player is a must for shirt sales ( think about it - how many in Edinburgh )

True and there is many of decent calibre. Dundee Utds goalie comes to mind.

might not be a bad idea.

I wondered why some many folk were walking about with 'Klimek 48' on the back of Hearts tops a couple of years back right enough.....;):dribble:

I wondered why some many folk were walking about with 'Klimek 48' on the back of Hearts tops a couple of years back right enough.....;):dribble:

That was just 'cause he was class! A real stallion of the game ;)

Ibrahim Tall

Not really, half the poles don't even take much of a serious interest in football bar the national team and those that do generally support Celtic. I only know one that doesn't and he's a hun.

Fair enough signing someone like Boruc who they all love but the only other one who'll have an impact like that is Smolarek who'd never sign for us. Signing the Polish equivalent of Graham Alexander won't effect our shirt sales over there. :P

Who Knows - but its a move that other teams have exploited very well ( Polish,Japanese,English etc - yes the OF )

Also I suggest you remove No6 from the photo - he is a loser.

rudi must stay

the Austrian striker Linz is a realistic signing, he's been ****

portobellojambo1

No one.

Although apparently we have been linked with the Austrian striker Linz, who is with SC Braga. Absolute s h i t, but fortunately I do not think he wants to come here.

Lithuania did not qualify so he will not be looking to sign any other players as they will not be of the required standard. ie they will not be ****e enough to sign for us so no point in watching or hoping.

Remember the world cup players that he was going to sign!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

We have offered a trial to an ex Gretna "Striker" I use the word loosely as I believe he scored a massive one goal in something like 19 outings for the first team so SPL beware the next Andrias Velicka is about to be born.

Oh no I forgot he has gone to Rangers.:confused:

We have offered a trial to an ex Gretna "Striker" I use the word loosely as I believe he scored a massive one goal in something like 19 outings for the first team so SPL beware the next Andrias Velicka is about to be born.

Oh no I forgot he has gone to Rangers.:confused:

The ex-Grtena striker might play as many games as Velicka with D'Archeville, Miller, Cousin, Naismith (when fit), Boyd all hanging around. Even if Cousin and Boyd go, I doubt if he'll be picked ahead of D'Arch and Miller. And if they sign Lafferty.......

Archived