Spanish and Polish clubs eyeing up Walker

eduardo.j

Bowmans_Boot

100% agree, I wonder where in the league we'd have finished without walkers goals? He has been our best player all season and most consistent performer over the years yet folk don't think he'll get or deserves a big move?

I seem to remember a young Paul lambert leaving motherwell for dortmund and look how that turned out!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Excellent post. Paterson was also roundly criticised by many. We are masters at slagging off our own.

If he wants to go then let him.

Anyone who's participated in the lowest points haul of any SPL side since late November is welcome to take a single fare anywhere as far as I'm concerned

Cathro and Levein included??

Walker up against the likes of Isco / Kroos / Modric / Bisquets / Rakitic / Iniesta would be a right laugh.

A midfielder that knows where the goal is, he's also physical with a good engine, I agree that the pace over there might help him more than hinder as well.

Top 4 in Poland is fanciful let alone Spain.

He wouldn't be a starter for Legia, Lechia Jagielonia Bialystock or Lech Poznan.

If it is any of them it'll be Jagielonia though, Ziggy Gordon, Novikovas and Cillian Sheridan are all currently there but it couldn't easily be just made up for the same reason.

Why? Lech poznan signed Barry Douglas and he seems to have done well.

colinmaroon

Excellent post. Paterson was also roundly criticised by many. We are masters at slagging off our own.

On JKB there's too many who do not come into the "we" category - that's "them" if you get my drift.

The last 16 months? Nonsense.

Since the second half of the 2-2 game v Hibs imo.  Or alternatively since Perry Kitchen signed.  Not that I solely blame Kitchen but since he joined we became utter tripe.  It seemed to change the entire dynamics of how we were as a team.

Tokyo Drifter

A top 6 Spanish and a top 4 polish club have shown interest in jamie walker, you'd have to feel If a decent Spanish side wants him he'd be tempted to go?

Wasn't there a Spanish club that made an offer before and he didn't fancy the move?

It was Real Betis, the other Seville side. Always thought it was an odd story and therefore probably ******s.

Since the second half of the 2-2 game v Hibs imo. Or alternatively since Perry Kitchen signed. Not that I solely blame Kitchen but since he joined we became utter tripe. It seemed to change the entire dynamics of how we were as a team.

Yet we were sitting in second place 2 points in front of Aberdeen 9 months on from that 2-2 game.

"What a strange thing to say?" (Said in a Jack sparrow style voice)

Yet we were sitting second place 2 points in front of Aberdeen 9 months on from that 2-2 game.

"What a strange thing to say?" (Said in a Jack sparrow style voice)

Only because Rangers and sheep had games in hand.

It is Spain not New Zealand.

I know but some people cherish their parents more than others and if they think their personal attention is necessary then that is the end of the matter.

Generic Username

Only because Rangers and sheep had games in hand.

Aberdeen had two games in hand on us at that stage and were two points behind. We were level on points and games played with Rangers, with a vastly superior goal difference.

But then the arse fell right out of us.

Cruyff Turn

Whether this story is true or not I think Walker would suit playing in Spain surrounded by technically better players on the same wavelength.

That would be a good move for him and again I wouldn't be selling him for anything less than 1.3million.

Every player in Scotland is for sale. I'd be sad to see him go, but maybe with all the injuries he's had a move abroad would make sense.

Bowmans_Boot

Since the second half of the 2-2 game v Hibs imo. Or alternatively since Perry Kitchen signed. Not that I solely blame Kitchen but since he joined we became utter tripe. It seemed to change the entire dynamics of how we were as a team.

You consider his performances in the first half of the season to be poor? When everybody on here was complaining that he wasnt in the Scotland squad (& he should have been)? When he scored consistently, changed games consistently and the other teams couldnt handle him. That type of poor?

willie wallace

I know he didn't have a great second half of the season but hs is our best player bg some distance and not sure how we would be able to replace him.

His display against Rangers wwas one of the best individual displays in years and i desperately hope he stays.

What if the WAG has a sick parent that she would be reluctant to leave in the UK? She might find it difficult to settle abroad if she's worrying about things back home. Sometimes things are not black and white.

Yep, we criticise footballers and their decisions, but some times human factors come in to play.

You consider his performances in the first half of the season to be poor? When everybody on here was complaining that he wasnt in the Scotland squad (& he should have been)? When he scored consistently, changed games consistently and the other teams couldnt handle him. That type of poor?

Nope, you misread.

As a team we became poor then. Walker's form dipped after the Killie 4-0 game imo.

Bowmans_Boot

Nope, you misread.

As a team we became poor then. Walker's form dipped after the Killie 4-0 game imo.

Apologies. I presumed you were talking about Jamie.

King prawn

Let's not forget Pallardo came from Levante. I'm no expert on La Liga but I'd imagine the bottom ten teams aren't that good.

A top 6 Spanish and a top 4 polish club have shown interest in jamie walker, you'd have to feel If a decent Spanish side wants him he'd be tempted to go?

Wasn't there a Spanish club that made an offer before and he didn't fancy the move?

Brilliant stuff.  A hard decision for the lad.  Real Sociedad or Lechia Gdansk.

I'd rather go to Spain to fight in the civil war than go to play football in Poland.

Lucille's Thirsty

I wonder where we would've been in the league had Neilson stayed and Paterson was fit for the whole season I would say third maybe 5 points behind Aberdeen.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Silly season well and truly under way I think. So much pish to sieve through for weeks on end

Nope, you misread.

Dipped after Rangers game.

Top 4 in Poland is fanciful let alone Spain.

He wouldn't be a starter for Legia, Lechia Jagielonia Bialystock or Lech Poznan.

If it is any of them it'll be Jagielonia though, Ziggy Gordon, Novikovas and Cillian Sheridan are all currently there but it couldn't easily be just made up for the same reason.

That is absolute nonsense.

Lechia Gdansk are a woeful side and Polish football is not a superior standard to Scotland in the slightest. FFS Marco Paixao and Cillian Sheridan are the two top scores since the league has split.

King prawn

Lechia Gdansk are a woeful side and Polish football is not a superior standard to Scotland in the slightest. FFS Marco Paixao and Cillian Sheridan are the two top scores since the league has split.

:lol: you've got a point. Cillian Sheridan :facepalm:

Bridge of Djoum

Alim, that is a strange thing to say my man.  Many career driven professionals leave their country to work abroad ? it has nothing to do with ?hating their country?.  If his missus puts the blockers in then it sounds like he needs to get himself a new missus.  He is a professional footballer and he has the potential to be very good indeed.  If his missus is that selfish and can?t move 1,000 miles for a few years to support her man then shame on her.  Of course, I don?t know their business but from the outside it is black and white.  I think this is part and parcel of the role of a ?WAG?. And if she doesn?t like it then perhaps she should marry a sparky or a plumber.  

Sigh.

Every day you must insist on making a complete **** of yourself.

Bazzas right boot

Alim, that is a strange thing to say my man. Many career driven professionals leave their country to work abroad ? it has nothing to do with ?hating their country?. If his missus puts the blockers in then it sounds like he needs to get himself a new missus. He is a professional footballer and he has the potential to be very good indeed. If his missus is that selfish and can?t move 1,000 miles for a few years to support her man then shame on her. Of course, I don?t know their business but from the outside it is black and white. I think this is part and parcel of the role of a ?WAG?. And if she doesn?t like it then perhaps she should marry a sparky or a plumber.

And ironically if she married a sparky or a plumber he'd likley be polish.

Punks No Deid

:lol: you've got a point. Cillian Sheridan :facepalm:

People could say same about Boyce. Sheridan is never gonna be top top drawer I grant you but he did serious damage when he played against us. Would take him up front with Isma ?

Captain Canada

I can't see us getting anything like ?1million for Walker with a year left on his contract. We're not in a strong bargaining position with a new stand to fund and the weeks ticking by in his current deal.

Winston Ingram

Walker shares an agent with Barry Douglas who I think has gone to Poland and done pretty well. So there could well be mileage in this. 

And ironically if she married a sparky or a plumber he'd likley be polish.

:gok:

alicante jambo

If he thinks its cold in scotland wait till he plays in poland thats if its true.The spain thing bothers me.No way in this world is he good enough to play in la liga.Theres a possibility walker just got seriously pissed off with the shite round about him and thought feck this.I know its no the attitude but hes human afterall.If he leaves good luck to him but i would rather others leave before him.

The Internet

It's a shame Walker's missus THE SELFISH COW is refusing to let him move to a top Spanish side.

It's a shame Walker's missus THE SELFISH COW is refusing to let him move to a top Spanish side.

Sexist.

I know. So many have an elevated view of European football as if every side is head and shoulders above Scottish teams.

I've worked beside plenty Polish lads over the years who are the first to say their league isn't as good as ours.

As for JW himself, he hasn't attracted attention for nothing. Certainly in the not too distant past.

I've always felt he's got attributes not many other Scots players have and one is his ability to protect the ball under pressure and use his body well. We know he can hit a ball and is a clever player too.

Like most Hearts players last season his performances deteriorated but does that mean he's written off? If a player becomes disillusioned it's hard to return and especially when he's a player everyone expected to carry the team.

FarmerTweedy

Alim, that is a strange thing to say my man. Many career driven professionals leave their country to work abroad ? it has nothing to do with ?hating their country?. If his missus puts the blockers in then it sounds like he needs to get himself a new missus. He is a professional footballer and he has the potential to be very good indeed. If his missus is that selfish and can?t move 1,000 miles for a few years to support her man then shame on her. Of course, I don?t know their business but from the outside it is black and white. I think this is part and parcel of the role of a ?WAG?. And if she doesn?t like it then perhaps she should marry a sparky or a plumber.

This could be your worst post ever, and that's saying something given the competition!

This could be your worst post ever, and that's saying something given the competition!

Do I win a prize?

Didnt Sheridan smash a hat trick in against us?

He also donated cash when we were on the brink.

mahgrassyshoes

If he thinks its cold in scotland wait till he plays in poland thats if its true.The spain thing bothers me.No way in this world is he good enough to play in la liga.Theres a possibility walker just got seriously pissed off with the shite round about him and thought feck this.I know its no the attitude but hes human afterall.If he leaves good luck to him but i would rather others leave before him.

You need to remember that Pallardo was playing in la liga before us. Think people need to separate playing in the league and playing in the top sides. They are 2 very different things. Jamie would be fine against 3/4 of the teams.

Archived