Was it 38 games?

alicante jambo

alicante jambo

We went on an unbeaten run at tynie back in the late 80s think it was.Im positive it was 38 games only to get beaten ny rangers 5_2.Am i right it was this amount?

alicante jambo

Without looking it up I think it was 31, 1985/86, ended at Dens of course.

Deffo after dens mate.

We were unbeaten at Tynecastle in the league from a defeat in May '85 (Aberdeen or Dundee Utd, I think) until the 2-5 v. Rangers in Feb '87. Dundee beat us in May 87 and we then went unbeaten again until St. Mirren beat us in May '88.

Don't know exactly how many the 2 unbeaten runs were (approx 30 for the first) but over '85/86, '86/87 and '87/88 we lost just 3 Premier league games at Tynecastle and a League Cup tie v. Montrose.

Back to 2005

We were unbeaten at Tynecastle in the league from a defeat in May '85 (Aberdeen or Dundee Utd, I think) until the 2-5 v. Rangers in Feb '87. Dundee beat us in May 87 and we then went unbeaten again until St. Mirren beat us in May '88.

Don't know exactly how many the 2 unbeaten runs were (approx 30 for the first) but over '85/86, '86/87 and '87/88 we lost just 3 Premier league games at Tynecastle and a League Cup tie v. Montrose.

Remember the montrose game. We absolutely battered them silly but lost 2-0.

Aye, it was one of those nights. We had a few in those days, especially '87/88, where we'd thrash teams 0-0 or 1-1. :)

The first unbeaten league run, May '85-Feb '87 was 32, the second May '87-May '88 was 22.

Just a quick tot up in my dinner break so use these "facts" with caution. :)

Through my years supporting Hearts we have had many impressive runs of home unbeaten streaks. Tynecastle used to be an absolute fortress... now any cowboys team turns up and fancies a decent chance of all 3 :(

Tynecastlesmychurch

It's up to Cathro too prove a lot of us wrong and build a team capable of making Tynecastle a fortress once again! The only team that should fancie taking anything from us is celtic.

Through my years supporting Hearts we have had many impressive runs of home unbeaten streaks. Tynecastle used to be an absolute fortress... now any cowboys team turns up and fancies a decent chance of all 3 :(

It's up to Cathro too prove a lot of us wrong and build a team capable of making Tynecastle a fortress once again! The only team that should fancie taking anything from us is celtic.

Agree with both posts. Tynecastle has been a real asset to Hearts over the years. No stats to hand but, outwith Celtic and Rangers, we must have the best home record and fewest defeats in the last 30+ years.

Ask Hibs. Only 7 derby wins at Tynecastle in the last 34 years.

Francis Albert

Deffo after dens mate.

Sorry I missed the "at Tynie" bit and was referring to our unbeaten run in ALL games in 85/86.

Gorgie_Rules

Pretty sure we had a spell under Levein that we hadn't lost to a non-old firm side at Tynecastle for almost 3 years

Funny game that. Stevie Cowan was playing for Hibs at the time and was there to watch prior to our visit to ER the following Saturday. Me and a couple of mates walked up Ardmillan Terrace with him and he was a very pleasant bloke. Must've been confident for the weekend game but we went down there and gave them such a hiding (3-1) that we cheered their goal for them!!!

Archived