Ian Black

alanbauld

I also think that was one of the best midfield performances I've ever seen from a Hearts player in that final.

Absolutely masterful!

Good luck to the guy.

I agree. For a guy who seemingly just had a rep as a hard man, his positional play and the vision and quality of his passing was superb.

Hibs would have had to work 10 times harder for their recent SC wins against us if Black had been playing imo.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like Blackie back, mainly cause he's a Jambo, He's Scottish and he knows what it means to play for Hearts and we are badly missing this. I low wage with a one year deal with option would be my only offer though, he was far from brilliant in his time here and I am amazed at some of the comments on here considering he was slated for months on end by probably the same folk who are now labelling him a messiah!

This place is incredible.

I'd like him back too tbh. He's a solid player and people keep going on about being realistic with the players folk suggest. PHM that has previous for saying he wants to end his career with us. Can't be difficult to deal with either surely?

We need a player with a bit of bite and he has it in spades.

BonningtonJambo

Id take him tbh he'd b a handy player to have for derbys or off the bench when games are scrappy hes the type of player were screamer out for

Escobar PHM

32 years old. Never the quickest in the first place and if he's lost more than a yard he'll struggle in this league. Dunno if he would get away with playing a deep sitting role for us and he'd probably pick up red cards like a poker player. On the plus side he'd be pretty good to have around the place. On a modest wage he might be worth a 1 year deal. Certainly wouldn't give him more than that.

Watt-Zeefuik

What a funny game.  

He was on the Rangers side we absolutely demolished on the way to the Championship title and his "tea and biscuits at the half" was widely cited as emblematic of the way that side was a complete basket case.

Many on our trophy-winning side failed to take the step up the next season, so we said farewell and started turning players over.

Now at the end of all of that we're wanting him back.

And I think I'd take him too, which just depresses me more about how much we've regressed.

What a funny game.  

He was on the Rangers side we absolutely demolished on the way to the Championship title and his "tea and biscuits at the half" was widely cited as emblematic of the way that side was a complete basket case.

Many on our trophy-winning side failed to take the step up the next season, so we said farewell and started turning players over.

Now at the end of all of that we're wanting him back.

And I think I'd take him too, which just depresses me more about how much we've regressed.

I can only speak for myself but its his character I want. He was never the most gifted technically but his commitment could never be questioned. Contrast that with the impostors in our team over the last year or so and Ian Black very much would be a welcome sight. 

Tziolis, Djoum even Kitchen don't have half the heart or desire Black showed when he played for us. Technically they might be better players but all of them tend to go missing when it counts, Black at least will get stuck in.

socrates82

No thanks. We need to recruit for pace and energy, especially in the middle, not bring in even slower players than we have already.

Hopeless in the bottom leagues of Scotland.

So how would he be any good to us now.

Rangers was a wage. Nothing more. He couldn't give a **** about them. They also never forgave him for ending Jelavic.

Hearts are a different matter. The boy bleeds maroon.

I checked the Blackpool forums. He was on all their keep lists so they must think he had plenty to offer. I never watched their play off final but apparently he was very good when he came on.

We definitely don't have a player with his passing range just now.

Bull's-eye

I don't want to be challenging Hibs or buying players to beat Hibs. I want to challenge Celtic and be looking at players to beat Celtic.

I hope we're setting the bar higher than Wee Blackie.

I don't want to be challenging Hibs or buying players to beat Hibs. I want to challenge Celtic and be looking at players to beat Celtic.

I hope we're setting the bar higher than Wee Blackie.

I want us to buy messi.

Unknown user

We'll be playing hibs at least three tines this season, we could really do with someone like Blackie in that changing room. Tziolis is ten times the player Black is but who would you prefer staring down Jason Cummings in the tunnel?

The bottom line here is that he and cathro would not be a good combination. I just cant see him see him following instructions from him.

Unknown user

The bottom line here is that he and cathro would not be a good combination. I just cant see him see him following instructions from him.

Nah I reckon Cathro would do what he's telt before long

davemclaren

He used to infuriate me with his needless fouls and bookings. Came onto a game in his final season though. Every team needs a player like him who will boss the midfield.

Rangers was a wage. Nothing more. He couldn't give a **** about them. They also never forgave him for ending Jelavic.

Hearts are a different matter. The boy bleeds maroon.

I checked the Blackpool forums. He was on all their keep lists so they must think he had plenty to offer. I never watched their play off final but apparently he was very good when he came on.

We definitely don't have a player with his passing range just now.

He was playing against the worst teams in Scotland and he was still poor,his passing range was rotten for season after season at Stenhousemuir,Forfar,Brechin,Berwick etc.

He was playing against the worst teams in Scotland and he was still poor,his passing range was rotten for season after season at Stenhousemuir,Forfar,Brechin,Berwick etc.

Yes, Ally McCoists rangers. Won league 2 at a canter losing 3 games.

Won league 1 without losing a game.

Enjoying all you can eat breakfasts and punting balls at the managers arse.

They had it too easy.

BelgeJambo

Would be interesting to see him turn out for the Legends against JKB next year.  Can I pick the JKB team please?

Normally I'd be against this kind of thing but if the money was right I'd love to have him back.

Think he is probably a bit of a dick but my god we need someone like that just now. He loves Hearts and wouldn't stand for the lack of effort and passion we've seen over the past 6-12 months. Wouldn't be a starter every week in my mind but the boost the team and dressing room would get would be priceless imo.

Howdy Doody Jambo

The trouble with having a 30 year old head coach,

Cowie and Black would be good for the team though

Maybe we should go with a youth team as Cathro would have a bit more authority and respect from them

julienbrellier

Not joking when I say he is EXACTLY what we need.  Not the most gifted of players but will give everything for the club and give us some bite in central midfield.

Really think we should attempt to sign him

Captain America

As has been said, Ian Black is exactly what is required. A bit of steel in the middle of the park. Would get the team wound up for derbies. 

Cup winning season, we saw Ian Black the footballer and the boy can play and is a good passer.

Wouldn't need to be a long deal, can be on year to year basis. 

Buffalo Bill

The trouble with having a 30 year old head coach,

Cowie and Black would be good for the team though

Maybe we should go with a youth team as Cathro would have a bit more authority and respect from them

Cowie spoke in glowing terms about Cathro in a recent interview.

Buffalo Bill

As for Black, I'd be happy to see him back providing he can produce his 2012 form for us.

Rudi Hates Hibees

Not joking when I say he is EXACTLY what we need. Not the most gifted of players but will give everything for the club and give us some bite in central midfield.

Really think we should attempt to sign him

I agree. Ian Black would by a good signing for us at this time.

3fingersreid

We'll be playing hibs at least three tines this season, we could really do with someone like Blackie in that changing room. Tziolis is ten times the player Black is but who would you prefer staring down Jason Cummings in the tunnel?

Couldn't agree more :)

I'd welcome Blackie's return for all the reasons previously mentioned but is it a possibility. Anyone ITK heard if it's being considered or if there's been any dialogue etc?

Samuel Camazzola

I'd welcome Blackie's return for all the reasons previously mentioned but is it a possibility. Anyone ITK heard if it's being considered or if there's been any dialogue etc?

I hope not. We can do much better.

3fingersreid

But can we ? What is our player budget , slow(ish) ST sales ,no players being sold for big money ,as of yet , so perhaps this could be our price range given how much has been pissed up against the wall in the last 2 transfer windows

Can we? Who's tried and tested Scottish spine wise we could sign?

Was only any good for us in the last few months of his contract, whilst his commitment would be welcomed, I've no idea if he'd be a passenger in the team these days.

Disgraceful behaviour from the thumb on that day in May to headbutt Black's elbow too.

I'd take Blackie back in a nano second - better than another numpty on a 3 year deal.

Was only any good for us in the last few months of his contract, whilst his commitment would be welcomed, I've no idea if he'd be a passenger in the team these days.

Disgraceful behaviour from the thumb on that day in May to headbutt Black's elbow too.

Everybody forgets that the Thumb had Blackie by the throat right in front of the main stand just before half time - straight red!!!

Samuel Camazzola

Can we? Who's tried and tested Scottish spine wise we could sign?

I think a few folks' judgement of him has been clouded. Yes, he is rightly heralded as he was a cup winner and stepped up with a performance fitting for the occasion. However, a lot of his performances were sub-standard (as were the team's throughout 2011/12). Yes, he did show commitment and he cared but his best performances were after taking heavy head knocks when he didn't know too much about what was going on.

His time fulfilling a boyhood dream has come and gone. Unless he is to return one day in a coaching capacity, I don't want him back.

Watt-Zeefuik

I think a few folks' judgement of him has been clouded. Yes, he is rightly heralded as he was a cup winner and stepped up with a performance fitting for the occasion. However, a lot of his performances were sub-standard (as were the team's throughout 2011/12). Yes, he did show commitment and he cared but his best performances were after taking heavy head knocks when he didn't know too much about what was going on.

His time fulfilling a boyhood dream has come and gone. Unless he is to return one day in a coaching capacity, I don't want him back.

Signing him as a squad player with a few light coaching duties at the academy wouldn't be the worst move.  I can't see him returning as a starter but as a player you could throw in to a tight 1-1 match at Celtic park at 75 minutes to stiffen the resolve we could do a lot worse.

Signing him as a squad player with a few light coaching duties at the academy wouldn't be the worst move. I can't see him returning as a starter but as a player you could throw in to a tight 1-1 match at Celtic park at 75 minutes to stiffen the resolve we could do a lot worse.

Chance would be a fine thing..........

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Mind when we beat Hibs at Tynie before the cup final, Black set up a goal for Craig Beattie. That pass was absolutely out of this world, if Iniesta or someone had made that pass it'd be replayed on Sky Sport all the time.

Five to One

Mind when we beat Hibs at Tynie before the cup final, Black set up a goal for Craig Beattie. That pass was absolutely out of this world, if Iniesta or someone had made that pass it'd be replayed on Sky Sport all the time.

As was the take and finish by Beattie. Great goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived