Cathro: Quality not Quantity

Clerry Jambo

Morgaro Gomis

What is the definition of quality then?

As soon as I saw this thread was bumped I knew it would be you: you're an embarrassment of a supporter, writing a boy off before he's even registered with the club.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

As soon as I saw this thread was bumped I knew it would be you: you're an embarrassment of a supporter, writing a boy off before he's even registered with the club.

:rofl:

Ambitious is embarrassing is it. This is the polar opposite you loser

Morgaro Gomis

Ambitious is embarrassing is it. This is the polar opposite you loser

No, writing a player off before he has even registered with the club is embarrassing, you cluster**** of a human being.

Nothing wrong with ambition, but we have signed 2 players so far. One is an excellent signing, one is a risk-free punt which has worked well for other clubs.

You're not being "ambitious", you're being melodramatic and negative. You also seriously need to get a grip of yourself.

Edit: I also have never said he is going to be amazing, I'm patient enough to wait until he has played a few games for us before deciding he is useless. Unfortunately, it seems that you are unable to do so, which is no surprise, because you are a moron.

Livvyjambo

The lad could be a star , in all honesty he might need to be to save Cathro who needs a proven scorer

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No, writing a player off before he has even registered with the club is embarrassing, you cluster**** of a human being.

Nothing wrong with ambition, but we have signed 2 players so far. One is an excellent signing, one is a risk-free punt which has worked well for other clubs.

You're not being "ambitious", you're being melodramatic and negative. You also seriously need to get a grip of yourself.

Edit: I also have never said he is going to be amazing, I'm patient enough to wait until he has played a few games for us before deciding he is useless. Unfortunately, it seems that you are unable to do so, which is no surprise, because you are a moron.

So you'll have a pop at me without knowing me in the slightest way but yet I'm not allowed to judge a football player judging on years of watching different levels and types of football.

Fool you are the cluster **** not I.

I put up with the same shit on the Sowah thread. Unfortunately I was proved to be only too painfully correct

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Could have a different definition as a noun but as an adjective it just means something that's good :2thumbsup:

What's the definition of good? ...

Quality is something that is fit for purpose. To define quality we need to understand what exactly our purpose is

We are being conned and it's all to do with selling season tickets in my opinion.

First Cathro comes out with he's going to sign quality not quantity. Well nobody of quality so far has signed or been bid for as far as we know.

Secondly Levein comes out with his interview saying Cathro needs to get of to a good start or he'll be replaced and about giving youth a chance players and coaches which could be another disaster i mean what does Levein think the Hearts job is A Training Course for learning to become a Head Coach.

His interview caused alarm bells to ring about the coming season.

Hooray! A proven scorer who's scored 19 goals in his entire career.

:vrface:

He'd better turn into a goal machine next year or HMFC will confirm it's status as a fecking laughing stock.

Watt-Zeefuik

So you'll have a pop at me without knowing me in the slightest way but yet I'm not allowed to judge a football player judging on years of watching different levels and types of football.

Fool you are the cluster **** not I.

I put up with the same shit on the Sowah thread. Unfortunately I was proved to be only too painfully correct

The difference between this signing and Sowah is that Sowah was clearly brought in to be our new starting LB.  It's not at all clear that Stockton is intended as a starting striker -- I would be very much surprised if he starts league games before Christmas.

Because we signed him from the conferences we could give him a pay rise from his current gig without paying him much.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The difference between this signing and Sowah is that Sowah was clearly brought in to be our new starting LB. It's not at all clear that Stockton is intended as a starting striker -- I would be very much surprised if he starts league games before Christmas.

Because we signed him from the conferences we could give him a pay rise from his current gig without paying him much.

That is a fair point

We are being conned and it's all to do with selling season tickets in my opinion.

First Cathro comes out with he's going to sign quality not quantity. Well nobody of quality so far has signed or been bid for as far as we know.

Secondly Levein comes out with his interview saying Cathro needs to get of to a good start or he'll be replaced and about giving youth a chance players and coaches which could be another disaster i mean what does Levein think the Hearts job is A Training Course for learning to become a Head Coach.

No one is being conned. Buy a season ticket if you want to, not on the of your own understanding of Cathro's comments. 'Quality over quantity' is a very general comment that many managers at many differe t levels will use this summer.

Berra is a quality player, haven't seen anyone debating that!

Levein is being honest. The truth is, results must improve under Cathro or we'll be relegated, or close to it.

No, the club have made the management model pretty clear. It is not a training school, but young coaches will be employed and will have guidance from the DoF. Obviously it's your right to moan about this, but my advice to you would be: tough tatties, like it or lump it.

Quality is something that is fit for purpose. To define quality we need to understand what exactly our purpose is

To develop good young players and good coaches while being successful on the park. It's been made very clear time and time again.

Unfortunately for most of us,as fans, we are severly limited in how we can affect things, without that spare 10million. Fortunately though, whether we like it or not, the club are being more transparent than at any time in my life, the club is also on a sounder financial footing than any time in my life. Im not delighted with every decision made but the constant moaning from folk is tedious.

No one is being conned. Buy a season ticket if you want to, not on the of your own understanding of Cathro's comments. 'Quality over quantity' is a very general comment that many managers at many differe t levels will use this summer.

Berra is a quality player, haven't seen anyone debating that!

Levein is being honest. The truth is, results must improve under Cathro or we'll be relegated, or close to it.

No, the club have made the management model pretty clear. It is not a training school, but young coaches will be employed and will have guidance from the DoF. Obviously it's your right to moan about this, but my advice to you would be: tough tatties, like it or lump it.

While I agree with most of your post, you can't say like it or lump it.

God forbid it comes to it but if we lurch into a disaster the strength of the supporters will can push for change at a club. It's happened before and can again.

Anyway, when a manager says he wants quality I suppose it's relevant to the level we compete at. We know Berra and what he has, so i'd say a quality signing in relation to the SPL. As for Stockton? I don't know but the guy deserves a chance and we'll undoubtedly see more of this type of signing.

We can talk quality all day but Hearts need an injection of so much more. How do we define quality? Just technical ability and brain?

Or every attribute rolled into one?... Fighting spirit, courage etc...

We dearly need character right through the team imo but it's down to the manager to nurture it.

Cole Stockton will prove to be a quality signing for the Jambos.

Agree HH - got a good feeling about this guy, think he's got all the skills, passion etc ;)

Jambo 4 Ever

Some of the personal insults on here, over differing opinions on football, are way over the top. Get a grip folks.

Agreed

stevie1874

Cole Stockton will prove to be a quality signing for the Jambos.

Not having a go at you but I would assume this is a total guess? ( with your fingers crossed )

Captain Canada

Nobody can say with any certainty that a new signing will turn out to be a great player. Oshinawa is a great example of that - looked good on paper and turned into a truly awful player.

Stockton seems to have the right attitude and attributes so time will tell. He shouldn't be written off after a couple of pre-season games though as many on here are prone to doing.

Just wondering after a couple of signings when and who are we going to sign QUALITY. I would like a Hearts official to tell us "We have now signed a QUALITY player"

I mean we all have our opinions on who would be quality. To put matters in context it will be easier to gauge the Clubs thoughts on what a QUALITY player is.

Just wondering after a couple of signings when and who are we going to sign QUALITY. I would like a Hearts official to tell us "We have now signed a QUALITY player"

I mean we all have our opinions on who would be quality. To put matters in context it will be easier to gauge the Clubs thoughts on what a QUALITY player is.

Does it matter how the club present a new signing?

I wouldn't be rushing to bum up a player like that anyway (even if proven quality) only to go on and be let down.

A bit like Tziolis or Struna who were meant to be QUALITY internationalists.

Why not pass your suggestion on to the club then?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's actually a fair point but never going to happen.

Aye we've signed the lad to carry the water bottles is unlikely to come from any club.

Make up your own mind

My experience with corresponding with the club is they don't answer if they don't like the question. But that is there prerogative and i must accept that is their position. I just want to know how they define Quality.

sairyinthat

Back under your rock Clown.Your mob have been roundly trounced.

My experience with corresponding with the club is they don't answer if they don't like the question. But that is there prerogative and i must accept that is their position. I just want to know how they define Quality.

I've corresponded several times with Hearts over the course of last season by email. They replied promptly and were very helpful on every occasion.

Maybe they have got you on ignore [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bauld willie

To be fair, I think everyone will know quality when we see it. Based on their track record and where they have come from.

I've corresponded several times with Hearts over the course of last season by email. They replied promptly and were very helpful on every occasion.

Maybe they have got you on ignore [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol

Back under your rock Clown.Your mob have been roundly trounced.

Clown am i. I think we all know what kind of person you are calling Hearts fans names. Still i've been called worse by Hibees.

sairyinthat

Clown am i. I think we all know what kind of person you are calling Hearts fans names. Still i've been called worse by Hibees.

Don't even attempt to take refuge under the banner Hearts fan it wont wash,You are part of a group of Agitators bent on causing unrest among Hearts supporters to achieve a clearly stated aim. You ought to be ashamed of yourself a sheep with no self worth,or maybe a Slug would be a better description.

Jambof3tornado

Don't even attempt to take refuge under the banner Hearts fan it wont wash,You are part of a group of Agitators bent on causing unrest among Hearts supporters to achieve a clearly stated aim. You ought to be ashamed of yourself a sheep with no self worth,or maybe a Slug would be a better description.

Well said.

Agitators is the word.

One of the saddest persons posting on here. Are you like this in real life? Are you abusive to people's faces? Actually don't bother answering as I suspect I don't care.

Said last night on the Walker thread that there is an organised group among so called Hearts fans who are obsessed with getting Levein and possibly Budge out.

Trouble is if you asked any of them how we should proceed after that scenario they wouldn't have a clue.

If they got their way we would be back in admin within a year but at least we would have signed "QUALITY".

Lucille's Thirsty

Berra will be the best sort of signing we get IMO.

Where is it proven that Stockton isn't quality?

Where did the 19 goals in 5 years stat come from? How many starts? What teams? Loans? How were they playing?

Why has nobody mentioned his 8 in the last 11?

Maybe he has developed now into a better striker now that he isn't just a kid?

Did anyone think Kane was special when he played against us at Spurs? I didn't.

Said last night on the Walker thread that there is an organised group among so called Hearts fans who are obsessed with getting Levein and possibly Budge out.

Trouble is if you asked any of them how we should proceed after that scenario they wouldn't have a clue.

If they got their way we would be back in admin within a year but at least we would have signed "QUALITY".

While I agree there are plenty folk who would like rid of Levein I doubt very much there is any organised group. I think the club could function without Levein as his most important period is past and  he has some work to do to convince a lot of fans that he is still moving the club forward on the football front. As regards Budge I hope the stories of the extent of the shortfall for the new stand are exaggerated as that would be her first serious error in a sea of good stuff. I think it is only a very small group who think a la Andy Gray about women in football who would like Budge gone. Interesting summer and first couple of months of next season awaits us all and I am not setting my bar high for next season at present.

sairyinthat

One of the saddest persons posting on here. Are you like this in real life? Are you abusive to people's faces? Actually don't bother answering as I suspect I don't care.

And are you one of these guys who on hearing/reading the Walker saga  who don't think what is that wee get up to but rather use deflection in an effort to convince normal fans to disregard the evidence?Actually don't bother answering I suspect I already know the answer and I don't care you strike me as an Anti.

What a load of bollocks.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Ohhh the hate and anger on this place!

One love, one heart

Let's get together and feel all right

Hear the children crying (One love)

Hear the children crying (One heart)

Sayin' give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right

Sayin' let's get together and feel all right

Do we all feel better now?..

No?...

WELL **** THE LOT OF YA!

And are you one of these guys who on hearing/reading the Walker saga  who don't think what is that wee get up to but rather use deflection in an effort to convince normal fans to disregard the evidence?Actually don't bother answering I suspect I already know the answer and I don't care you strike me as an Anti.

Unusually polite reply so..I wasn't hugely concerned about Walker's saga as it happens all the time. Players come and go. It created a stooshy that took people's minds of other things. As regards anti, yes I am anti abusive posts and am a bit anti continued employment of cater and expect him to be gone by November. If he is still here after that I hope it is because he has proven me and many others wrong. By the way is there such a thing as a "normal fan"? About the only thing we have all in common is being Hearts fans, just on here people don't sometimes tolerate a different opinion and behave in a way that would see them ejected from Tynie!

Unusually polite reply so..I wasn't hugely concerned about Walker's saga as it happens all the time. Players come and go. It created a stooshy that took people's minds of other things. As regards anti, yes I am anti abusive posts and am a bit anti continued employment of cater and expect him to be gone by November. If he is still here after that I hope it is because he has proven me and many others wrong. By the way is there such a thing as a "normal fan"? About the only thing we have all in common is being Hearts fans, just on here people don't sometimes tolerate a different opinion and behave in a way that would see them ejected from Tynie!

Sorry pie and hot drink sellers, you can all stay! I meant Cathro!

Ohhh the hate and anger on this place!

One love, one heart

Let's get together and feel all right

Hear the children crying (One love)

Hear the children crying (One heart)

Sayin' give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right

Sayin' let's get together and feel all right

Do we all feel better now?..

No?...

WELL **** THE LOT OF YA!

Halleluyah Bob :2thumbsup:

sairyinthat

I don't check people's post record but are you telling this thread you objected to the anti Levein posts and made it known?The Cathro posts same as the Walker deflections were a cudgel to beat to death our DOF normal fans cottoned onto that pretty quickly and normal fans have been aware for some time our coach was being given a Limited number of games this new season or else and quite rightly so.The campaign the Anti's had going is dead in the water some have difficulty recognising that and seek to reinvent it and it is bloody tedious and that is as polite as I get.

I don't check people's post record but are you telling this thread you objected to the anti Levein posts and made it known?The Cathro posts same as the Walker deflections were a cudgel to beat to death our DOF normal fans cottoned onto that pretty quickly and normal fans have been aware for some time our coach was being given a Limited number of games this new season or else and quite rightly so.The campaign the Anti's had going is dead in the water some have difficulty recognising that and seek to reinvent it and it is bloody tedious and that is as polite as I get.

Didn't get sucked into it. Just find name calling tiresome and non productive. Cathro is Levein's appointment which many folk think was a bad one and Levein admits failings in recruitment. I have met and quite like Levein but he is failing in his areas of responsibility in the last year and needs to do better

Big Slim Stylee

You're like a bad rash spreading over every thread.  You ever thought that maybe the tone of your correspondence with HMFC might ensure that they - like many of us - have you down as just another interminable bore?

Archived