MGS4 - PS3

vegas-voss

Got MGS4 today for PS3.Thought i would give it a quick bash so popped it in the PS3 and then had to wait 8 mins for it to install after which two pointless adverts come on which last about 4 mins.Then when you start the game it's 15mins of cut scene right away with the slightest bit of interaction in it.After that another advert comes on with some japanese girl frying a couple of eggs(god knows what for)and then finally act one begins.It's hardly plug n play.

The game looks really good but the controls are very fiddley with lots of menus you have to open to do things.I'll play it for longer later but so far it is more getting on my nerves than anything resembling enjoyment.

Got MGS4 today for PS3.Thought i would give it a quick bash so popped it in the PS3 and then had to wait 8 mins for it to install after which two pointless adverts come on which last about 4 mins.Then when you start the game it's 15mins of cut scene right away with the slightest bit of interaction in it.After that another advert comes on with some japanese girl frying a couple of eggs(god knows what for)and then finally act one begins.It's hardly plug n play.

The game looks really good but the controls are very fiddley with lots of menus you have to open to do things.I'll play it for longer later but so far it is more getting on my nerves than anything resembling enjoyment.

I gets better, just plug through. It is a bit **** how many vids there are. Apparently threre is one that an hour n a half. I only usaully play for that long so not sure how thats gonna work :confused:

Think its a class game though, you know what you're getting with that guy.

I gets better, just plug through. It is a bit **** how many vids there are. Apparently threre is one that an hour n a half. I only usaully play for that long so not sure how thats gonna work :confused:

Think its a class game though, you know what you're getting with that guy.

An hour and a half thats just mad.

There isnt a cutscene that lasts 90 minutes. Was just a rumour.

It's not really the cut scenes that bother me as they carry the story and you know they are going to be there anyway before you a MGS game.What does my nut in is surreal adverts that have no point that are just put in to hide load times that i don't really expect to be there if i have to install a game for 8 mins even before playing it.We are constantly told installs cut down on loading times for the PS3 but this just isn't the case.

Guest S.U.S.S.
There isnt a cutscene that lasts 90 minutes. Was just a rumour.

You sure? last months edge said there were two scenes that came close to that.

jack D and coke

I read a review that said there was a 90 minute cut scene. They're always really cringy as well. The first MGS is one of my favourite ever games but he's lost the plot, he wants to make movies.

Wouldn't mind playing it though. Here's hoping there is a 360 version some time in the future. Kojima has confirmed it's do able.

Worth buying?

Was thinking of getting it but heard pretty mixed reviews of folk i know.

Im started to get more into it now.It's really quite good and im started to get to grip with the weapon selection and how to move around undetected.Most of it so far you don't even need to get involved in you just sneak by,but hey thats the game.I'm not far enough in to be able to give a judgement but i would say if you like the series you will like this.

Metal Gear has always been littered with Cut Scenes thats what makes it, yet to play it but cant wait, my mate has it today so will play it later.

Any further in the game Brashy? Worth the cash?

Metal Gear has always been littered with Cut Scenes thats what makes it, yet to play it but cant wait, my mate has it today so will play it later.

Metal Gear is great despite the cut scenes, not because of them. The gameplay in MGS is great, but it has without doubt the worst plots you are ever likely to find.

The plots are a bit...well, rubbish, but for gameplay there's none better.

Here's a review from Gamespot.

Can't wait to get it; just need to get through GTA4 first! It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it... :P

No furher in yet going to play it again the now though as the footie is pesh.

That looks amazing, totally amazing.

Had to laugh at Snake chasing the guy without his trousers on.

Think Resident Evil will be better (I hope) Love both MGS and Resi.

No furher in yet going to play it again the now though as the footie is pesh.

The fitba turned out to be quite good Brashy :D

Probably a good game but I watched a 40 min gameplay video months ago and It showed a barrel being produced from his pocket so he could hide in it. To me it crosses the line of realism and game developer license. Never mind the bit where he turns into a staue as a patrol strolls past.

The fitba turned out to be quite good Brashy :D

Yeah about 1 min after i switched it off.MGS is getting quite good but it just takes you ages to get anywhere because the cut scenes are so long.

Probably a good game but I watched a 40 min gameplay video months ago and It showed a barrel being produced from his pocket so he could hide in it. To me it crosses the line of realism and game developer license. Never mind the bit where he turns into a staue as a patrol strolls past.

The camo suit is actually really good in it and probably isn't that too far fetched the way technolgy is progressing.As for the oil drum yeah it's daft just like the card board box in previous games were.

Yeah about 1 min after i switched it off.MGS is getting quite good but it just takes you ages to get anywhere because the cut scenes are so long.

I like a good cut scene in a game but not for the length of time you've been talking about. I won't get to play this game as I'm not buying a PS3, I'll just have to wait for Splinter Cell Conviction for a stealth game.

Archived