Gordon Waddell playing with words shock headline

Devries4

Dirk Diggler

I read that in the Sunday mail this morning.

I think the title read 'Defenders will run a mile......'

Think it could be a mistake.

Or i could still be drunk. :confused:

Sadly I think that article shows Stevie Frail's lack of judgement again. Velicka 'top class', aye he's top class if top class is playing like a huddy in 75% of his time spent at Tynecastle.

The Old Tolbooth

It's funny how Velicka is being hailed as a new hero now that it looks like he's going to der hun, however he was just another Lithuanian journeyman when at Hearts.

Sadly I think that article shows Stevie Frail's lack of judgement again. Velicka 'top class', aye he's top class if top class is playing like a huddy in 75% of his time spent at Tynecastle.

A huddy???? a top class goalscorer perhaps:)

A huddy???? a top class goalscorer perhaps:)

Really??!! Is that why hardly anyone batted an eyelid when he was sent back to Kaunas last August?:)

As I said in another thread, he showed some good consistent form between November and March last season, the rest of the time he was mediocre at best. Hence the reason when he left the club, Viking Stavanger where the club he signed for. Wont make it at Rangers a mon avis.

portobellojambo1

The title is misleading, based on the wording of the article content. And if I am honest I disagree with what Frail says. If I were thinking of a strike partnership that would scare the s h i t out of other SPL teams Velicka and Miller are not the two names that would readily spring to mind.

And as for quotes attributed to Frail, i.e.

"But Andrius can play in a pairing or up on his own if that's what Walter needs.

"We used him that way a lot and he grafts to hold things up and links the play well.

We did indeed use him in the manner you suggest Stevie, and that is why we failed to get the best out of him. He is not a target man, he cannot play up front on his own, and he cannot link play well. He is a goal scorer, and needs to be employed within a team that can give him decent service in front of goal if they want big time returns, we failed to do that.

Italian Lambretta

Something stinks with the signing off Velicka.

How can a player leave Hearts at Christmas and then go to the Old Firm in the summer?

I would suspect that Vlad knew all along that Rangers wanted him and this was the best way round it to ease the fans feelings on the sale.:mad:

Really??!! Is that why hardly anyone batted an eyelid when he was sent back to Kaunas last August?:)

As I said in another thread, he showed some good consistent form between November and March last season, the rest of the time he was mediocre at best. Hence the reason when he left the club, Viking Stavanger where the club he signed for. Wont make it at Rangers a mon avis.

14 goals in 18 starts, not very many Hearts forwards in recent years have produced that return.

I think he will unfortunately do well at the Huns, most likely will be used as someone to come off the bench, but I think he will bag a few goals

And for the record I was furious when he left.

Say What Again

'Hearts never saw a peeny of the ?450,000 paid for Velicka'

That's because he was a f****** Kaunas player! I'm sick of this tripe. If Celtic loaned a player from Liverpool and Liverpool sold him to AC Milan, would Celtic get the money? Of course they wouldn't :mad:

Rant over.

jambos are go!
'Hearts never saw a peeny of the ?450,000 paid for Velicka'

That's because he was a f****** Kaunas player! I'm sick of this tripe. If Celtic loaned a player from Liverpool and Liverpool sold him to AC Milan, would Celtic get the money? Of course they wouldn't :mad:

Rant over.

Then what would you say to Kaunas fans when their players are loaned to Hearts then sold on? Dont they count?

Say What Again
Then what would you say to Kaunas fans when their players are loaned to Hearts then sold on? Dont they count?

What are you talking about? :wacko:

Velicka was contracted to Kaunas. Velicka was sold so the money rightly goes to Kaunas - he's their player.

The papers try to suggest this is some shock and Hearts have missed out on something.

I don't see the point you're trying to make about Kaunas fans. :mw_confused:

jambos are go!
What are you talking about? :wacko:

Velicka was contracted to Kaunas. Velicka was sold so the money rightly goes to Kaunas - he's their player.

The papers try to suggest this is some shock and Hearts have missed out on something.

I don't see the point you're trying to make about Kaunas fans. :mw_confused:

Oops sorry. Had a late night and assumed you were on the other side of the arguement.

Gigolo-Aunt

Frail really really manages to annoy me even when I agree with what he says,

Quite a talent that.

Say What Again
Oops sorry. Had a late night and assumed you were on the other side of the arguement.

no worries mate, I did get the impression we were coming from the same side. That's what confused me :wacko:

Drylaw Hearts
Frail really really manages to annoy me even when I agree with what he says,

Quite a talent that.

:)

He really should get his facts straight before printing this Sheite:

"The Jambos sold Velicka to Viking Stavanger in February"

As stated above he was sold by Kaunas.

Robbos Right Peg

I know what you mean but we cannae be too critical when even our own chairman doesnae know what players belong to us as he demonstrated at this years AGM. Mind you I firmly believe that RR doesnae know his erky from his elbow.

Ray Winstone

It says in the article that we never saw a penny of the money as it went to Kaunas.

Just amature repoting.

PresidentRomanov

Velicka was pish IMO.

He had a wee purple patch for a few months, that he would never have kept up.

I notice Stevie Frail banging on about his two goals at parkhead too, if he rated him so highly, why was he a sub that night?

Gigolo-Aunt
Velicka was pish IMO.

I notice Stevie Frail banging on about his two goals at parkhead too, if he rated him so highly, why was he a sub that night?

Frail never picked the team at the time, that was Angels formation and team. One of the few times everything clicked for him.

And purple patch my erse.

Drylaw Hearts
Velicka was pish IMO.

1) Velicka was the best striker at Hearts last Season without a shadow of doubt.

2) As Frail was not in charge of the team at that point, I would think he'd tell you ask the guy who was.

PresidentRomanov
1) Velicka was the best striker at Hearts last Season without a shadow of doubt.

2) As Frail was not in charge of the team at that point, I would think he'd tell you ask the guy who was.

Velicka was ****e :)

He was another Lee Miller.

Gigolo-Aunt

Keep telling yourself that, Champ.

Drylaw Hearts

Velicka averaged 1 goal every 1.5 games last Season.

We don't have anyone even close to that record at the Club.

As for Lee Miller...........

He scored more goals than the Nade, Pinilla, Elliot, Pospisil, Makela and Mole put together last Season.

PresidentRomanov
Velicka averaged 1 goal every 1.5 games last Season.

We don't have anyone even close to that record at the Club.

As for Lee Miller...........

He scored more goals than the Nade, Pinilla, Elliot, Pospisil, Makela and Mole put together last Season.

As I've already said, Velicka hit a purple patch, that would never have been sustained.

Why did no one rate him the season before?

The Old Tolbooth

14 goals in a pish poor team, course he was! :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
As I've already said, Velicka hit a purple patch, that would never have been sustained.

Why did no one rate him the season before?

He scored 1 goal every 3 matches in Season 2006/2007 but more of those appearence were as a sub compared to last Season.

This was also after playing nearly a full Season prior to that for FBK Kaunas.

He certainly tired but went on to improve.

What else did you want from him ?

IIRC, there was plenty of fans unhappy he was in Lithuania when we were being beat by Hibs with Bennyuseless up front.

Were you one of these unhappy fans ?

PresidentRomanov
He scored 1 goal every 3 matches in Season 2006/2007 but more of those appearence were as a sub compared to last Season.

This was also after playing nearly a full Season prior to that for FBK Kaunas.

He certainly tired but went on to improve.

What else did you want from him ?

IIRC, there was plenty of fans unhappy he was in Lithuania when we were being beat by Hibs with Bennyuseless up front.

Were you one of these unhappy fans ?

Yes I was.

I never said he wasn't the best forward we had last season, I said I don't rate him.

If I was a Rangers FC supporter, I'd be far from happy at wasting ?1 million on him.

Gigolo-Aunt

I wonder what Picky Bums reaction on Kickback was when Handy Andy was sold a few months back.

I wonder if he never rated him then.

Drylaw Hearts
Yes I was.

I never said he wasn't the best forward we had last season, I said I don't rate him.

If I was a Rangers FC supporter, I'd be far from happy at wasting ?1 million on him.

So you were unhappy that a shiiite player wasn't playing ?

:wacko:

Anyway......

Will Rangers fans be unhappy ?

Are they wasting ?1million on a guy who scored more goals than Cousin or Darchville and played around 2/3 of the matches they did ?

They will feel maybe better when Cousin is sold.

I am still absolutely gobsmacked that Velicka's going to Rangers.

He's never Old Firm quality in a million years. It's one of these OF signings that no one ever understands. Like when they signed Stephen Thompson from Dundee United, and Chris Killen from Hubs, and Darius Adamchuk from Dundee.

He'll drag his lazy fat erse about Ibrox and leave for ?200K next summer, after 4 appearances.

Tommy Brown

Waler smith: egil, can you help me here. I want Velicka from Hearts, but romanov wont sell him to us Huns, can you buy for viking and we will pay you at the end of the season. you can play him for six months and get a few goals from him meantime.

egil ostenstad: sure Walter, sounds a good idea.

it's that far fetched I'm sure it's true.

It's funny how Velicka is being hailed as a new hero now that it looks like he's going to der hun, however he was just another Lithuanian journeyman when at Hearts.

The Record also slated him over the incident where the Falkirk player was sent off and and the BBC regularly showed that particular clip when ever they were talking about simulation or players seeking to get other players sent off. You can bet your bottom dollar that

a. The record will never mention the word cheat in relation to Velicka again.

and

b. The BBC will never show that particular clip again.

Waler smith: egil, can you help me here. I want Velicka from Hearts, but romanov wont sell him to us Huns, can you buy for viking and we will pay you at the end of the season. you can play him for six months and get a few goals from him meantime.

egil ostenstad: sure Walter, sounds a good idea.

it's that far fetched I'm sure it's true.

I don't think it's far fetched because I thought exactly that when I read it.

I also notice that Waddell's utterances are becoming more anti-Hearts and pro Rangers of late. Now Rangers will be in Europe next season and there will be space on the plane for reporters........

Back in 2005 when Newcastle sold Craig Bellamy to Blackburn after his loan spell with Celtic, did any of the press make an issue of Celtic receiving none of the fee?

Which is pretty much like saying he was the best jobby in the toilet pan.:eek:

Which is pretty much like saying he was the best jobby in the toilet pan.:eek:

You can only beat what's put in front of you though.

Archived