Favourite Cider? Bored?

JamboLad

Has to be Magners pear Cider :D

I also tried some weird Cider at all bar one the other week?

anyone any idea what the cider in their is? They only had two bottles(one redish one which I think I had)

Anyone els up and just cant sleep? Just stuck Braveheart on the tele in the background whilst listening to music at the same time :confused:

Ray Winstone

Not a massive fan of apple cider.

I like pear cider - Kopparberg, St Hellier etc but technically speaking thats Perry Pear is it not?

scottishguy

Has to be Strongbow for me.

Magners is ok for a cpl of pints,cant stand how they fill half the glass with ice though and kopparberg is ok for a cpl of pints too,but both seem to taste syrupy after that.

Ray Winstone
Has to be Strongbow for me.

Magners is ok for a cpl of pints,cant stand how they fill half the glass with ice though and kopparberg is ok for a cpl of pints too,but both seem to taste syrupy after that.

I feel Kopparberg is good for a couple of pints to start off the night so I dont have to hit the spirits straight away!

Could not have more than three though.

I feel Kopparberg is good for a couple of pints to start off the night so I dont have to hit the spirits straight away!

Could not have more than three though.

That is pretty much exactly what I do.

Have 3/4 Ciders then onto Vodka :cool:

Ray Winstone
That is pretty much exactly what I do.

Have 3/4 Ciders then onto Vodka :cool:

I am partial to Vodka when I am having a few at someones house etc.

When I am actually out I go for the Morgans and Coke.

Ray Winstone
Sipping a few cans of Kopparberg just now. In taste heavan.

Cans? Did you get them at Ikea?

Ray Winstone
I did indeed, mate. ?1.29 a can IIRC. Bit steep but totally worth it.

Ye I usually pick up 24 when I go because it will last me a while and its cheaper than buying them individually from an off license.

Ye I usually pick up 24 when I go because it will last me a while and its cheaper than buying them individually from an off license.

A man of good taste :cheers:

On the subject of pear cider, I must agree that Kopparberg is the best - like drinking juice! Just what I need after just finishing work - in a pub - the worse is Bulmers Pear cider, which is almost undrinkable.....:mj_zivili:

chester copperpot
Homo.

Take it you read the thread about me being at JM's last saturday then? :laugh:

Take it you read the thread about me being at JM's last saturday then? :laugh:

No, was there innappropriate sexual activities like ?

:P

chester copperpot
No, was there innappropriate sexual activities like ?

:P

John was acting like one of Leith's finest. Trying to get me to pump him etc. Was not a pretty sight.

metrosexual.jpg

The Old Tolbooth
John was acting like one of Leith's finest. Trying to get me to pump him etc. Was not a pretty sight.

metrosexual.jpg

Ha ha ha!!

Cheers ya git!!

Here's me minding my own biz too, it wasn't me who threw 12 inches over my throat in under 3 minutes. ;)

Pear Kopparberg is the damage.

I've never tried St Helier though, I've heard it's really sweet.

Tried some of the Bulmers pear stuff, but it was p!sh.

Ray Winstone
Pear Kopparberg is the damage.

I've never tried St Helier though, I've heard it's really sweet.

Tried some of the Bulmers pear stuff, but it was p!sh.

St Hellier is pretty much the same as Kopparberg pear cider - maybe slightly sweeter.

I cant stand the Bulmers or Brothers Pear Cider - just tastes like the apple stuff if you ask me.

Kopperburg is okay, but it's far too sweet to drink all night.

Best just stick to the Peroni if i'm honest, if i wanted a really lovely tasting inoffensive drink, then i'd throw VK Apple down my throat. Y'know what i mean?

Do you Cider lovers realise there is a thing called Lager? Real man's drink.

Although Koppaberg tastes alright.

Do you Cider lovers realise there is a thing called Lager? Real man's drink.

Although Koppaberg tastes alright.

Strongbow is a mans drink.

You can't come out with statements like that then say you drink poofy koppaberg.

Has to be Magners pear Cider :D

I also tried some weird Cider at all bar one the other week?

anyone any idea what the cider in their is? They only had two bottles(one redish one which I think I had)

Anyone els up and just cant sleep? Just stuck Braveheart on the tele in the background whilst listening to music at the same time :confused:

Jacques? Sweet tasting like juice? Could have been that one it's the only cider I can drink but even then it's only one glass I have.

Used to drink diamond white with babycham in my youth as you only had to have 2 drinks and you were drunk all night!

Romanov Stole My Pension

Koppaberg is good but far too sweet for more than a couple of pints. If i'm dehydrated I'll go for Strongbow instead of Guiness but apart from that I never drink cider when I'm out.

If it's value for money you're after, it's gotta be 3l 7.5% Frosty Jack for ?2.50. 23 units of pure magic.

Doctor FinnBarr

Lets get this straight, Perry is a pear drink, Cider is an an apple drink, there is no mixture! And thats in the eyes of the law (ex-licencee).

;)

Last time I was in Lloyds bar I was advised to try Westons (organic?) cider. Not bad and especially as its Alc 6.5% Vol.

4 or 5 was a good way to start the night.:)

Don't mind a few Bulmers but prefer Strongbow in pubs! Carry out I will get either Scrumpy Jack or Gaymers....depending how flush I am! Gaymers is the most refreshing cider I have ever tasted!!

Strongbow is a mans drink.

You can't come out with statements like that then say you drink poofy koppaberg.

I don't drink it. Only tasted it.

Jacques? Sweet tasting like juice? Could have been that one it's the only cider I can drink but even then it's only one glass I have.

Used to drink diamond white with babycham in my youth as you only had to have 2 drinks and you were drunk all night!

oooh I love Jaques, I prefer the red:)

Archived