What do people not understand?

Locky

About fan ownership? All I've read for the last week or 2 (not strictly here by the way) from Hearts fans and non Hearts fans, is how it's disgraceful that the club are milking every penny from fans, living off our handouts etc.

We are a fan owned club, or at least will be when we've fully bought control. That's how it works, we are the shareholders, investors etc.

Obviously simpletons saying this stuff, but it's staggering just how many there are. I'd be away for a lie doon, if I wasn't at work.

About fan ownership? All I've read for the last week or 2 (not strictly here by the way) from Hearts fans and non Hearts fans, is how it's disgraceful that the club are milking every penny from fans, living off our handouts etc.

We are a fan owned club, or at least will be when we've fully bought control. That's how it works, we are the shareholders, investors etc.

Obviously simpletons saying this stuff, but it's staggering just how many there are. I'd be away for a lie doon, if I wasn't at work.

Sorry but i've not seen any posts about Hearts living off hand-outs or even hearing anybody saying it.

I never knew this was a problwm

Sorry but i've not seen any posts about Hearts living off hand-outs or even hearing anybody saying it.

I never knew this was a problwm

As I said, not on here. But I have on various other social media's and comments on media outlets.

Of course they "understand" - they're trolling! ignore them

Pans Jambo

Can you imagine what they would say if we were 2nd in the league and in the cup final?

Thats right...Cheats (because we would have a decent management team and decent players that we otherwise could not afford without the hand-outs from the fans)

Just ignore them. every club in Scotland outwith the kiddy fiddlers and the zombies would love 8,000 regular monthly payments and 14,000 odd season ticket holders.

...a bit disco

Of course they "understand" - they're trolling! ignore them

I'm not sure some of them have the basic capacity to understand Thomaso.

Judging by some of the shite posted on here at least.

The Treasurer

I too have heard this from a few people.

But they are the same people that tell me that a team that's finally crawled out the championship after 3 seasons is the 2nd best team in the country.

I tend to ignore these sort of fools.

But they are the same people that tell me that a team that's finally crawled out the championship after 3 seasons is the 2nd best team in the country.

Many Hibs fans are saying it and I laugh at their bitterness, but it's staggering that some Jambos even think this, and believe me, I know a few.

Dallas Green

I've never had an issue and doubt I'll ever have an issue with ploughing money into the club I love.

We need a new stand and it needs to be paid for. Rather than going into massive debt again we are looking at unique ways to raise money. I've no issue with any kind of fundraising that has been raised so far.

My FOH contributions arent based on if I'm happy with the content on the park. They are based on saving my club and continuing to fund it's survival.

If fans of other clubs (or even worse, Hearts fans) want to be ignorant of what we are trying to achieve then let them.

Lots of people take the time to wilfully misunderstand stuff when it suits them. Most of the folk who don't get FoH/fan-ownership will fall into this category.

Cupar Jambo

Yep I'm one of these people that feel I'm being milked, that must be the reason I recently increased my monthly payments to FOH. I buy my season ticket, have bought into share issues knowing one of them was just a gift in disguise and I would have no hesitation in doing the same again. So if this is me being milked so be it

Jambo-Jimbo

I've never had an issue and doubt I'll ever have an issue with ploughing money into the club I love.

We need a new stand and it needs to be paid for. Rather than going into massive debt again we are looking at unique ways to raise money. I've no issue with any kind of fundraising that has been raised so far.

My FOH contributions arent based on if I'm happy with the content on the park. They are based on saving my club and continuing to fund it's survival.

If fans of other clubs (or even worse, Hearts fans) want to be ignorant of what we are trying to achieve then let them.

Exactly.

The way I see it is that my FoH contribution is like a new puppy, it's for life and not just for Christmas (or only when the team are doing well, as some of the fair weather fans see it)

I am assuming that if I fritter my money away on crack cocaine rather than HMFC that would suit these people better! expecting a pm with a phone number  :bobby:

Harry Potter

I trust that my monies are going to a good cause at Tynecastle, rumours will always rise up.

Open discussion about how the club is run after fan ownership is the only sensible way to go forward.

Anyone who thinks differently is the simpleton in my humble opinion.

Can you imagine the outcry after the deed is done if the fans suddenly discover that certain things they thought would happen don't because they did not examine the fine detail in the Governance Model and get a general consensus.

As much as it pains me to say it they have a better team than we do at the moment. Hopefully that is rectified before we next play them because I don't think I could suffer another four games like the last four against them.

As much as it pains me to say it they have a better team than we do at the moment. Hopefully that is rectified before we next play them because I don't think I could suffer another four games like the last four against them.

But do they have a better FoH type subscription?  That is the topic of the thread.

letsalldothebeattie

Haven't seen or heard anything anywhere about this but personally couldn't care less what anyone has to say. I'm proud to give my money to the FOH and will continue to do so for the rest of time. It's the right thing for our club and anyone at any other club who has an opinion can get tae feck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But do they have a better FoH type subscription?  That is the topic of the thread.

I was responding to a point made by another poster. Do threads always stay on the main topic, don't think so and I am sure you are as guilty evryone else or are you perfect?

I was responding to a point made by another poster. Do threads always stay on the main topic, don't think so and I am sure you are as guilty evryone else or are you perfect?

Fair dos but I think to Hearts supporters FoH is important.  Hibs aren't.

Fair dos but I think to Hearts supporters FoH is important.  Hibs aren't.

FOH is of course important and without it we would not have had a club. I still want Hibs to be around for us to play them and hopefully get back to how we used to beat them more often than not.

CollyWolly

I think when a fan base contributes as much to a club as we do, then we have the right, more so than at other clubs, to question how that money is being spent.

Some may feel if its not being spent particularly wisely in, for example, DOF salary and player recruitment areas, that they have the right to question that.

I'm not sure that translates into complaining about being 'milked' especially since every penny I've ever given to Hearts was entirely voluntary and optional and still is.

I think when a fan base contributes as much to a club as we do, then we have the right, more so than at other clubs, to question how that money is being spent.

Some may feel if its not being spent particularly wisely in, for example, DOF salary and player recruitment areas, that they have the right to question that.

I'm not sure that translates into complaining about being 'milked' especially since every penny I've ever given to Hearts was entirely voluntary and optional and still is.

It's up to the owner to decide whether we have a DoF and right now Dr Budge is the owner.  The DoF is there just now because she, on her own admission, does not have the required knowledge of football and its workings.  When FoH finally get control they can change that if they choose.  At that point we can decide whether the club is big enough to afford a DoF or whether we can afford not to.

CollyWolly

It's up to the owner to decide whether we have a DoF and right now Dr Budge is the owner.  The DoF is there just now because she, on her own admission, does not have the required knowledge of football and its workings.  When FoH finally get control they can change that if they choose.  At that point we can decide whether the club is big enough to afford a DoF or whether we can afford not to.

Yes Yes Yes the club is in the legal hands of a single owner at the moment. Goes without saying then that the owner can take decisions without referring to the customer base. Even FOH when they take over, wont legally have to refer to the customer base except possibly for re-election to their posts.

That isn't a bar to questioning how the owner choses to spend our money, freely donated. She has a moral obligation above everything else to ensure that money isn't squandered.

It'll be interesting to see what she does if ST sales hit the floor. She will know the reason, as will everyone else. Will she rectify it or ignore it ?

Harry Potter

Yes Yes Yes the club is in the legal hands of a single owner at the moment. Goes without saying then that the owner can take decisions without referring to the customer base. Even FOH when they take over, wont legally have to refer to the customer base except possibly for re-election to their posts.

That isn't a bar to questioning how the owner choses to spend our money, freely donated. She has a moral obligation above everything else to ensure that money isn't squandered.

It'll be interesting to see what she does if ST sales hit the floor. She will know the reason, as will everyone else. Will she rectify it or ignore it ?

Ann Budge is doing a great job, we punters will spend through FOH or season tickets , how its spent is through our club.

I don't think any business would ignore a big downturn in sales, we can be pretty sure of that !

It won't happen anyway as there won't be....i'm very sure of that !

This kind of garbage starts off on .net, then the the undercover troglodyte's come over here & start spreading it. Next thing you know........

CollyWolly

Ann Budge is doing a great job, we punters will spend through FOH or season tickets , how its spent is through our club.

The debate isn't about how great as job she is doing ( and I agree she is) the debate is about how morally accountable she is and whether people have the right to expect her to take the benefactors opinions into account when making club decisions

CollyWolly

I don't think any business would ignore a big downturn in sales, we can be pretty sure of that !

It won't happen anyway as there won't be....i'm very sure of that !

Really. I think we'll struggle to sell as many as last season far less increase it in line with the needs of the capacity increase. That doesn't mean we wont fill the stadium on the odd occasion. If we have a decent enough team on the park we'll fill it more often than not.

Spellczech

Yeah it's weird. People donate money then when it suits them, they reclaim ownership of said money and say it is being extorted from them! :toff:  :uhoh2:

Hibs mate said to me the other day...."Hearts fans get milked for all their money and now Ann Budge expects us to fork out 3 quid to watch the U20s because Hearts are so skint."

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

She seems to have a decent track record as a businesswoman and by appointing a DoF I'd assume she considers that good business sense.  It'll also be interesting to see what she does if sales go through the roof.  I hope I'll be able to keep my seat.

Really. I think we'll struggle to sell as many as last season far less increase it in line with the needs of the capacity increase. That doesn't mean we wont fill the stadium on the odd occasion. If we have a decent enough team on the park we'll fill it more often than not.

Well, we'll find out soon enough.

If the numbers are slightly down, which I don't think will happen, an improvement in results will, as you say, make a lot of the games pretty healthy in numbers, if not sell outs.

Placid Casual

One of my mates was shocked to learn that "when the fans own the club", they won't have a say in team affairs.

I mean... what the ****? :lol:

One of my mates was shocked to learn that "when the fans own the club", they won't have a say in team affairs.

It's a mechanism to protect us from that level of stupidity!

Spellczech

Wouldn't it be braw if we could run Hearts like a big democratic version of Football Manager? I dare say a few might be tempted to play players out of position - Jack Hamilton could be the new star striker!

Placid Casual

Wouldn't it be braw if we could run Hearts like a big democratic version of Football Manager? I dare say a few might be tempted to play players out of position - Jack Hamilton could be the new star striker!

We could all vote on an app, like that 'Don't Ask Me, Ask Britain' telly thing. And pick the shirt we wear, the pies on sale... Selection Fridays would be great!

Stephen Muddie

I don't understand how some fans think fan ownership means voting on signings, maybe even substitutions

Don't understand it at all

You mean I won't get my turn at picking the team?

Things like that make me just want to up my FoH pledge.

Milk me like its a day in the life of Ron Jeremy!

CollyWolly

Mind that club that had its thousands of shareholders picking the team online every week ? Ebbsfleet I think it was. Not sure what their position is now.

Placid Casual

Mind that club that had its thousands of shareholders picking the team online every week ? Ebbsfleet I think it was. Not sure what their position is now.

It ended badly!

He'd have to improve his kicking.......

Archived