Weiss wants to buy Cesnauskis

Ryan Gosling

Commander Harris

Edgaras Cesnauskis is a player I wouldn't mind having at Hearts. :)

Ryan Gosling
Edgaras Cesnauskis is a player I wouldn't mind having at Hearts. :)
Clearly he's quite taken with Weiss as he probably wouldn't have considered Hearts two years ago.

Commander Harris
Clearly he's quite taken with Weiss as he probably wouldn't have considered Hearts two years ago.

perhaps. It's hard to tell when things are written down how tongue in cheek his comments are though. the article does seem to suggest he was joshing.

Does seem to have a lot of time for Weiss though.

Ryan Gosling
perhaps. It's hard to tell when things are written down how tongue in cheek his comments are though. the article does seem to suggest he was joshing.

Does seem to have a lot of time for Weiss though.

Partly. I've no doubt Weiss would want to sign him

Unlike some others I'm happy to see Weiss likes to sort the defending out first. We need it.

Where's this British manager? :unsure:

It was actually meant to be a manager with British football experience mate.

Although I'd be willing to forgoe that to bring in someone who has won things as a manager.

He can't be much worse than the current set up.

I said two years ago I'd love Edgaras Cesnauskis at Hearts. I still remember that video of him destroying Spain single handedly.

Another Pro Sports player incidentally.

Yea that interested me when I noticed he worked with Saturn also. They seemed to have alot of pro sports players did they not and also rumours of Vlad being involved in Saturn at one time no?

Meh I dont want to get my hopes up that we will get a manager in and he will sign a good player or two :(

It would be nice if we could appoint someone on Monday just to get it out the way then all the speculation can start with players.

jamboinglasgow
It would be nice if we could appoint someone on Monday just to get it out the way then all the speculation can start with players.

stop it, your making me excited. :dribble:

seriously though think edgaris would be a great addition.

Ray Winstone

He seems to be of the same school of thought as Levein - first try not to lose then try to win.

Sounds like this guy knows what he wants and how to do it.

Would love to see Chesney II at Tynie.

Commander Harris
Yea that interested me when I noticed he worked with Saturn also. They seemed to have alot of pro sports players did they not and also rumours of Vlad being involved in Saturn at one time no?

Meh I dont want to get my hopes up that we will get a manager in and he will sign a good player or two :(

I don't think Vlad has ever had any direct connection with Saturn although PSM founder German Tkachenko(who is apparantly close to Romanov), was involved with Krylia Sovetov(although I'm not sure what his position there is now) and seems to have some link to saturn also.

From reading that article it sounds like Weiss is another Frail. Cesnauskas says stuff about him never yelling at players and being their friend etc.

In my view thats the last thing we need at the club just now; discipline within the club has been terrible for the last 2 and a half years we need someone to change that.

Out of the people mentioned lately for the position i would prefer Thor at least he'd install some disipline at the club.

colinmaroon
From reading that article it sounds like Weiss is another Frail. Cesnauskas says stuff about him never yelling at players and being their friend etc.

In my view thats the last thing we need at the club just now; discipline within the club has been terrible for the last 2 and a half years we need someone to change that.

Out of the people mentioned lately for the position i would prefer Thor at least he'd install some disipline at the club.

Bet you the players didn't call Wess, "Whitey!"

It's very blinkered just to think that because a manager doesn't shout at players that he's not any good at getting them to perform!!!

The greatest manager Hearts have ever had never raised his voice once - Tommy Walker!!!

portobellojambo1

Nice little quote in there which will hopefully end all the arguments over the fact he must be a good manager because he won Artmedia the league and cup double so will be a success in Scotland (god knows why we are not looking in countries like Andorra and Leichtenstein for a manager, the same clubs, with the same manager win their club trophies every year, means feck all in the overall scheme of things). Anyway, back to the quote -

"It would be a big step for him in his career to go to Hearts. The Scottish league is a much higher level competition than the Slovakian league"

Would be interesting to know how many other clubs have approached him to be coach following on from this latest success with Artmedia (although suspect the answer is none).

This year contract of Edgaras (left midfield) is to finish with Saturn. His full statistics is:

2006 - 24 games (plus 1 like sub) - 6 goals, 7 yelow cards, 1 red card;

2007 - 21 games (plus 1 like sub) - 4 goals, 4 yelow cards;

2008 - 3 games (plus 2 like sub, russians plays 5 rounds in national Champioship from March 15).

http://www.saturn-fc.ru/en/player.php?ID=8623

His goal vs. FC Moskow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RLXt80aeUI

Drylaw Hearts

I have never seen Edgaras Cesnauskas play so I can't comment on his ability.

I can only hope he's a better player than his hugely inifectual brother.

24 games in a season is his best? Was this down to not being good enough or injury? Surely we don't need ANOTHER injury prone player!

24 games in a season is his best? Was this down to not being good enough or injury? Surely we don't need ANOTHER injury prone player!

All games in russian champioshship are 30. The teams are 16. 24 is realy no bad. I don't comment the player, because I don't know him. I comment statistics in one very dificult championship with tousends and tousends miles for any game. For your information Konstantin Zyryanov, who scored yesterday for Russia vs.Greece have for 2007 - 24 games too, 2006 - 30 games, 2008 - 5. The top star of Zenit Andrey Arshavin for 2006 - 28 games, 2007 - 30 games, 2008 - 5, and ect

Outsite from football. One of the best volleyball players in the world (nummber 1 in Europe for 2006) Matei Kaziiski is my friend from Slavia. He plays two years in russian league for Dinamo (Moskow) for level of money that 90 % from football players can to dream. But he cansel his contract, because for any game he flights tosends miles. And plays in Italy for 30-40 % from his russian salary. Is not simple to play in this gigants teritorys.

I've given up all hope of Chesney (our Chesney) ever being a good and consistent player for us. He is a little mincer with all the fight of a hamster.

One of the first i'd get rid of.

Hopefully Edgaras has a bit more about him.

Outsite of emotions all you remember what comed after Dndy Drivers injuri last season in left site. Maeby this is idea. Maeby have relation with offers from Championship for Andy? Who know? If be Weiss, he know better the younger Cesnauskis.

ToadKiller Dog

Some good points there BG about the russian leagues ,i imagine it would be difficult for a non Russian manger without lots of experiance at various levels to settle there.

Would Advocat have been able to cope at Zenit if he hadnt had such a depth of experiance.I expect the Russian league is a lot harder to adapt to than the scottish.

In terms of Weiss in Scotland i dont see him having a problem adapting to scottish football more the high profile goldfish bowl constant media and fan pressure which would be always on his back questioning every decision .With football our major sport and the still too high expectations at our club ,i doubt he would be given enough time before the support and Vlad would be on his back.

If he started with a few poor results it would be difficult for him to turn that arround.

Wow the manager in waiting wants to sign a Lithuanian, there's a shock. At least this guy seems to have a decent pedigree about him instead of the usual pish.

Dirk Diggler

So one candidate warns the owner about Eastern European managers and also tells us he won't put up with any 'crap' whilst the other candidates first signing target is a Lithuanian.

I wonder who'll get the job.

Gigolo-Aunt

I can only hope he's a better player than his hugely inifectual brother.

Correct, his brother turns up once every few months.

Bin him.

So one candidate warns the owner about Eastern European managers and also tells us he won't put up with any 'crap' whilst the other candidates first signing target is a Lithuanian.

I can see this being a right conundrum for VR.

Drylaw Hearts
Correct, his brother turns up once every few months.

Bin him.

3.1/2 years he's been here. :mad:

I agree...........

Bin him.

Damn right, Chesney is a pansy and would be better playing girls football.

His performance in the away cup game v Motherwell was embarassing. He's had a lot like that recently.

Nice little quote in there which will hopefully end all the arguments over the fact he must be a good manager because he won Artmedia the league and cup double so will be a success in Scotland (god knows why we are not looking in countries like Andorra and Leichtenstein for a manager, the same clubs, with the same manager win their club trophies every year, means feck all in the overall scheme of things). Anyway, back to the quote -

"It would be a big step for him in his career to go to Hearts. The Scottish league is a much higher level competition than the Slovakian league"

Would be interesting to know how many other clubs have approached him to be coach following on from this latest success with Artmedia (although suspect the answer is none).

It was a big step for Fergie to move from Scotland to the (now) EPL or Moyes to move from Cambridge via Preston to Everton and they haven't done too badly.

Or for completely new managers like Mowbray, Souness and Dalglish, all three of whom won League titles (even if it was TM's second club).

Guest JamboRobbo

:laugh: It's a toughy.

Only a Game

Very strange how the campaign of covering up this guys clear deficiencies in now in full swing. (Strongly suggests to me that he is indeed going to get the job)

Without prejudging how suitable or otherwise this guy might turn out to be lets be a bit more honest about how he looks to be.

1. He manages reasonably sucessfully in a poor league.Much poorer than the SPL by all accounts.

2. He failed miserably the one and only time he ever managed outside his own country

3.He is from eastern European circles. Okay, not quite in the pyramid but he'll be no stranger to owner influence and will be much more likely to go along with it. He has the potential to be a Vlad puppet and if you think otherwise you are seriously deluding yourself

4. He's already made his first mistake before he is in the door. We have more than enough foreign influence in our squad and we need the British/Scottish base to be restored straight away. Looking at Cesnauskis suggests he hasnt got a clue or indeed any interest about what is available on the doorstep.

I could go on. There's an endless list of why we shouldnt be excited about the prospect of this guy becoming manager.

I accept that he might well be appointed though but he is nothing less than a massive gamble. he doesnt fit the 1st january statement criteria and i cringe when some people on here point out the fact that they used the word "preferably" when referring to the British football experience part. Its an utter cop out and a lie out if they dont appoint someone with British experience. There is no other way of describing it.

Its a broken promise if this guy gets the job. Its got disaster written all over it if this guy gets the job and people need to stop making excuses for it happening because it just shouldnt be !!!!!

Gigolo-Aunt
Damn right, Chesney is a pansy and would be better playing girls football.

His performance in the away cup game v Motherwell was embarassing. He's had a lot like that recently.

I think when he was out with Vladflu/injury we all got a bit starey (sp) eyed about his abilityand influence on the team.

Fast forward Chesney coming back and all the games where he does hee haw and bottles out of challenges came back in to though rather easily.

Its worth noting that every 6 games he DOES have a blinder and rap with in the top corner or sets up a large amount of chances, it just does not happen enough though.

Think that maybe is the reason Burley did not like him.

Cool haircut, thats about it though.

It was a big step for Fergie to move from Scotland to the (now) EPL or Moyes to move from Cambridge via Preston to Everton and they haven't done too badly.

Or for completely new managers like Mowbray, Souness and Dalglish, all three of whom won League titles (even if it was TM's second club).

Moving up the leagues in the same Country or moving from Scotland to England is hardly the same.

How many foreign coaches have come into the SPL and succeeded?

I make it 2. Jansen and Advocaat and i could have succeeded on Advocaat's budget!

Only a Game

Your kidding right.

They all had huge experience of British/Scottish football.

This guy hasnt got any.

Your kidding right.

They all had huge experience of British/Scottish football.

This guy hasnt got any.

I am definitely not kidding. I cannot understand the obsession with British/Scottish football. We have had loads of managers with British/Scottish experience and only 1 has won anything in the last 40 odd years.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Spelling error in paragraph three. One would expect more from the Scotsman.

Only a Game
I am definitely not kidding. I cannot understand the obsession with British/Scottish football. We have had loads of managers with British/Scottish experience and only 1 has won anything in the last 40 odd years.

And how many without that experience have won anything or even achieved anything beyond the mediocre ?

Please dont tell me Valdas won the cup and took us to second place because most of the work for that achievement was done by, guess what, two managers who DID have experience of British/Scottish football

Drylaw Hearts

The most succesful Managers in Scottish Football have all been British with the exception of Dick Advocaat.

And he had probably the biggest budget in Scottish Football - ever.

The best Managers we've had in the last 30 years have all been British :-

Alex MacDonald

Jim Jefferies

Craig Levein

George Burley

The worst we've had have all been Foreign.

The most succesful Managers in Scottish Football have all been British with the exception of Dick Advocaat.

And he had probably the biggest budget in Scottish Football - ever.

The best Managers we've had in the last 30 years have all been British :-

Alex MacDonald

Jim Jefferies

Craig Levein

George Burley

The worst we've had have all been Foreign.

drylaw your being a bit liberal with stats there?

also in the last 30 years some of the worst hearts managers were british also.

tony ford,

tommy mclean,

willie ormond,

john roberstson

stephen frail.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
It was actually meant to be a manager with British football experience mate.

Although I'd be willing to forgoe that to bring in someone who has won things as a manager.

He can't be much worse than the current set up.

Oh, the irony.

Only a Game
drylaw your being a bit liberal with stats there?

also in the last 30 years some of the worst hearts managers were british also.

tony ford,

tommy mclean,

willie ormond,

john roberstson

stephen frail.

Any of which I'd rather have than Valdas Ivanauskas or Eduard Malofeev or Cervenkhov

Any of which I'd rather have than Valdas Ivanauskas or Eduard Malofeev or Cervenkhov

was never hearts manager.

Archived