Broadband Help

Only a Game

Only a Game

Got Virgin Media. But need to relocate the computer into another room.

I just need to extend the cable by about 10 metres.

Does anyone know what the name of the cable is (the cabling that comes into the house and plugs into the modem) and where I could buy a ten metre extension and coupling link tomorrow ?

Had a quick look on Maplin but without knowing the exact name of the cable I am looking for its not that easy.

Anyone help ?

Its coaxial cable your after! I dont know if you'll be able to buy the connectors though, i think they have a special connection on the end, not totally sure! You might be able to pick them up in maplin.

Mate

Just buy some normal tv aerial cable and Philex Coaxial F Plug and a str connector ( check attachment)

Available at Screw fix , cheap as chips!!

PS Maplins will rip u off!!!

Got Virgin Media. But need to relocate the computer into another room.

I just need to extend the cable by about 10 metres.

Does anyone know what the name of the cable is (the cabling that comes into the house and plugs into the modem) and where I could buy a ten metre extension and coupling link tomorrow ?

Had a quick look on Maplin but without knowing the exact name of the cable I am looking for its not that easy.

Anyone help ?

Its an ethernet extension cable you need.

Only a Game
Its coaxial cable your after! I dont know if you'll be able to buy the connectors though, i think they have a special connection on the end, not totally sure! You might be able to pick them up in maplin.

Is it just ordinary co-ax cable they use then ?

Is it just ordinary co-ax cable they use then ?

No, if it has to run between you computer and your modem it is an ethernet cable you need.

Only a Game
No, if it has to run between you computer and your modem it is an ethernet cable you need.

No no, Its just the stuff that runs from the box outside into the back of the modem. The same stuff that runs to the Virgin media box.

Ordinary Co-ax......who'd have believed that ?

Anyway thanks to all for help.

Archived