Ross county penalty dive appreciation thread.

Smoked-Glass

The Treasurer

Will Celtic get fined for failing to control their players? Clearly surrounding the referee after the decision. You're not allowed to do that.

Don't forget Brenda on the pitch confronting the ref as well.

part_time_jambo

Does the name Guidhetti ring a bell with anyone?

Yes, I thinkI saw it in a couple of posts earlier in the thread.

The Treasurer

The dive is far more blatant than Walker's. The Celtic player is not even close to him. Whoever the ref was won't be refereeing again anytime soon once the Celtic bandwagon has hung him out to dry.

Got the Brown sending off spot on though. Will deserve his ban when it finally gets administered.

When the gFA eventually get round to dealing with him he will get a 2 match ban, meaning he will miss a couple of meaningless matches but he'll be free to play against sevco and be back for the final game of the season to lift the trophy.

Shalk meanwhile will probably not play again this season and, like Walker, it will be open season on him next year as he'll get little or no protection from referees.

Does anyone else find this beautifully ironic:

Brendan Rodgers accused Shalke of 'blatant cheating' whilst preparing to put in an appeal against a stick-on red card so that his captain gets to play in the cup semi final?

'Blatant cheating' only seems to happen when it's against the club with no shame, rather than by it.

They really are the shite on my shoe.

How's this for a conspiracy theory?

Celtic win the league in a canter, receiving several dubious decisions along the way, but as soon as they've won it they get a couple of high-profile decisions against them that they can point at and go all "you see, referees hate us, they're all prods/huns".  They then start the next season on a wave of rampant paranoia and the cycle begins again, getting decisions in their favour left, right & centre.

It's no less bonkers than their 'Masonic conspiracy' nonsense.

This is exactly what I said yesterday.  Insidious genius from the Scottish Football Powers.  And done when it had a 0.01% chance of derailing Celtic's hopes for an unbeaten season--executed perfectly.

letsalldothebeattie

Savagely taken out by Sviachenko could've ended that boys career.

In all seriousness though it was pleasing to see it happen against them and it be a catalyst for Brown being sent off as well. If county stay in the league by that point gained yesterday then its job done and I'm sure Jim McIntyre and the board at County won't be complaining too much at it. I heard McIntyre say yesterday to media it was a dive and wasn't a penalty bet you anything he was delighted with it in the dressing room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All roads lead to Gorgie

:pleasing:

Slipped

As did Broonaldo with the tackle, no doubts.

Bunny Munro

Does anyone else find this beautifully ironic:

Brendan Rodgers accused Shalke of 'blatant cheating' whilst preparing to put in an appeal against a stick-on red card so that his captain gets to play in the cup semi final?

'Blatant cheating' only seems to happen when it's against the club with no shame, rather than by it.

They really are the shite on my shoe.

To be fair, they are abusing the system more than cheating. Similar to when rearranged a fixture so Stevenson would serve his ban before the league cup semi under Locke.

How's this for a conspiracy theory?

Celtic win the league in a canter, receiving several dubious decisions along the way, but as soon as they've won it they get a couple of high-profile decisions against them that they can point at and go all "you see, referees hate us, they're all prods/huns".  They then start the next season on a wave of rampant paranoia and the cycle begins again, getting decisions in their favour left, right & centre.

It's no less bonkers than their 'Masonic conspiracy' nonsense.

its like the old ploy of when there is nothing to play for a team gets a pen against either of the arse cheeks when they are around 4-0 up and there is only minutes left to play. it shows that they do concede pens but it so happens not when it matters 

Guy in work has been greetin' all day about this, anybody comes into the work and the conversation starts "did you see the dive?"  I'm like "Gee it a **** rest"

Bazzas right boot

Guy in work has been greetin' all day about this, anybody comes into the work and the conversation starts "did you see the dive?" I'm like "Gee it a **** rest"

Thing is, it has no affect on them, yet they are greetin like it cost them something.

The utd semi final they got beat a few years ago, now that was something to wet your pants about.

Hagar the Horrible

Thom, Nakamura, Malone, Thomson, Larrson, Guidette, Sutton, DiCannio, Hartson, McGeady, McStay, Commons, Miller, Van Hooydonk, Vinegar of Castlemik  and thats just against us, all to win points they did not deserve, the list goes on, but well done the County lad  Celtic always cheated never defeated!!! GIRUY

If only that dive was to end their unbeaten run

Can you imagine the level of seethe if it was?

Stupendous.

Archived