Tziolis - Centre Back?

jockmac

Thought he showed enough in the 2nd half that he could play this position.

We are crying out for a decent centre back, maybe we could try him there for the remainder of the season, nothing to lose.

6ft 3, good in the air, comfortable playing on the deck, maybe worth a try, remember Zaluikis started of as a midfielder and ended up playing centre back, turned out to be a decent defender for us.

LogicalEric

Can't have him and Kitchen in the same midfield. So one paced and have zero intent of playing positively.

Only footballer we had on the park tonight.

Correct. We should have Ozrurk behind him and him in centre midfield.

Why the feck was ten mins Martin given a three year deal? Who actually sanctioned that?

Gigolo-Aunt

Yup.

Not saying he got everything right tonight but when you look at the unbalanced and quite frankly poorly assembled squad we have, he is a very positive stand out player.

Elias Henry Furst

Played the role Nowak initially did. Dropping into centre half to allow the full backs to push on.

Personally I'd prefer Tziolis in midfield with Nowak performing as he did initially.

Injuries to Souttar and Hughes have influenced things.

He's the only player that looks comfortable on the ball.

Gigolo-Aunt

Correct. We should have Ozrurk behind him and him in centre midfield.

Why the feck was ten mins Martin given a three year deal? Who actually sanctioned that?

Its in his 3.5 year contract that he must get 10 mins at the end of games.

Bizarre signing who I suspect will not be here past the summer.

Both these players are absolutely dire - they have contributed very little if anything since they joined.

God only knows how we get him off the wage bill. There's absolutely no danger Cathro brought him to the club either. No way. You can tell by the way he brings him on, even subbing Jamie as to say this is not my shit.

Nookie Bear

You can see he has a bit of class about him and just needs a better team around him, and especially a striker or two to pass to.

TZ is one of the worst MF I've seen wear our top in many years - lethargic, paceless and careless in the most dangerous areas.

He won't be at Tynie next season guaranteed..he must be a dream for an attacking midfielder - the Wee team ran him ragged that's how much quality this freeloader has.

Get him and his other Greek mate to the airport ..and take Martin with them.

Looked ok tonight apart from that shot.

CB ? No thanks. Would be throwing him to the wolves with the games we have coming up . No way should that happen (and it won't)

Our MOM tonight by some distance.

Totally agree, always wants the ball even in tight positions but suffers from some people playing around him.

Can't believe people constantly have a go at this guy when you've got Djoum on the pitch doing absolutely nothing again.

TZ is one of the worst MF I've seen wear our top in many years - lethargic, paceless and careless in the most dangerous areas.

He won't be at Tynie next season guaranteed..he must be a dream for an attacking midfielder - the Wee team ran him ragged that's how much quality this freeloader has.

Sorry but that's just nonsense. You can't go to games if that's your view. Just my opinion.

Totally agree, always wants the ball even in tight positions but suffers from some people playing around him.

Can't believe people constantly have a go at this guy when you've got Djoum on the pitch doing absolutely nothing again.

Passenger again tonight. Has been since returning from Afcon. Does he think he is billy big time now? Add in negative pass Kitchen and Tziolis is on a loser.

Passenger again tonight. Has been since returning from Afcon. Does he think he is billy big time now? Add in negative pass Kitchen and Tziolis is on a loser.

Exactly for some reason he seems immune to criticism from our support. Goes missing in large parts of every game and not half the player Tziolis is but unfortunately he's become the scapegoat for most on here.

You seriously mustn't watch him play or you've not got a clue. He's had a couple of bad games but to say he's the worst to wear our jersey is crazy.

Toxteth O'Grady

Nailed it mate, 3 of the most uncommitted chancers I've seen.

Easily our best player tonight. Always looking to receive the ball and has the head up looking for a pass. Can't blame him if the passes aren't on.

People slaughtering Tziolis over Kitchen is bewildering to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My half sister

you weren't at the game tonight then

hearts related nickname

I raise you a Scott Robinson, a Denis Prychenko, the list goes of shite midfielders goes on

My Half sister - no I wasn't as now off-shore for two weeks. However I've seen enough of him and on TV tonight ..his half hearted tackles are another weakness ..let me think of what he does contribute 5-10 yard passes side to side at best.

Hearts related - that's why Scott and Denis never played much Scott in particular for the time he was with us. TZ plays every week ..and in my eyes and opinion is hopeless and contributes nothing.

Ps I'll up you with Martin ..another free loader.

Can't be bothered looking back at thread but to whoever replied with you don't go to games. I have a ST in gorgie stand and will never give it up (in fact I buy two in support of the club) albeit I miss some games due to my job.

Your not a very good judge of football player then friend.

If I could be bothered I could name about 40 worse midfielders to have wore a hearts strip. Not a fan of his attitude but put him in a half decent team he would be a very effective player.

See Nir Bitton at Celtic

Played decent tonight. I agree we need some more forward going midfielders around him though.

We are desperate for a Colin cameron or Paul Hartley player just now. Cowie sometimes looks like he could do the job but has about 1 decent game in ten

TZ is one of the worst MF I've seen wear our top in many years - lethargic, paceless and careless in the most dangerous areas

This.....

rudi must stay

Not for me. Always plays with the game infront on him and an alert striker could do very well against him. Plenty of them in the SPL

jamboinglasgow

Really? 

Thought he looked good when coming on and has done last few games. Clearly is not fully fit hence why not starting. I think he will be a regular starter next season.

As for Tziolis, think he could do well at center back.

Really?

Thought he looked good when coming on and has done last few games. Clearly is not fully fit hence why not starting. I think he will be a regular starter next season.

As for Tziolis, think he could do well at center back.

Agree mate, Martin looked useful when he came on. As did Choulay and I'd make a case for starting both against Partick.

Tziolos was the best player on the park last night, which wasn't hard. He's the only one of the players who are going out of contract that I would even consider offering a contract to. However I wouldn't be going above and beyond to get him in.

I really think in your case, drugs are not the answer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think he was worth the 6 month try. A player coming to the end and way too much of a luxury for us.

I am past caring about performance and position, what we are witnessing are public trials for next season. It's not great but if it helps in the long term, well well

fraz the postie

I think this Greek lad is great on the ball,but I don't think he suits Scottish football,

His pass rate can't be very good and winning the occasional header ain't good enough,

I think we could do better.

Jamdub ..I haven't been disrespectful to any posters 'Hearts fans' on here yet you let yourself down 'embarrassingly' by saying I'm on drugs.

Pathetic and poor comeback ..says more about you than it does me.

Archived