Partick Thistle to get ?4m new training ground (NHC)

kila

Good to see that even a NHC thread can deteriorate just the same way as Hearts threads.

Anyway, good on Thistle. Pretty sure our new stand is being partially funded by well to do benefactors, so we must be a subsidised club, too. Firhill is one of the better away days. Good fans and a decent club, imo.

Good to see that even a NHC thread can deteriorate just the same way as Hearts threads.

Anyway, good on Thistle. Pretty sure our new stand is being partially funded by well to do benefactors, so we must be a subsidised club, too. Firhill is one of the better away days. Good fans and a decent club, imo.

Fully agree with both paragraphs. I suppose I've always had Thistle on a bit of a pedestal simply because of where they come from. If it's a toil for the rest of Scotland to draw fans away from OF glory hunting, it must be a million times harder if they're on your doorstep.

As you say, Firhill is a cracking day out, and any Thistle fans I've met have always been complimentary about the Hearts. I wish them all the best.

Harry Potter

Ridiculous comments. Absolutely ridiculous

Completely in our own hands. Anyway it's all been said before. But we didn't lose the title because of St Mirren. We couldn't achieve what was entirely within our own control. That doesn't suit so ire gets directed elsewhere

Aye it was in our own hands until St Midden decided to let Celtic win and believe me they certainly did that.

I watched it on scots sport on the sunday, complete shambles.

Oh and dont get me started on the stonewaller penalty when sandy clark was tripped in the box,

Hearts fan referee , aye well he did us proud, NOT.

Aye it was in our own hands until St Midden decided to let Celtic win and believe me they certainly did that.

I watched it on scots sport on the sunday, complete shambles.

Oh and dont get me started on the stonewaller penalty when sandy clark was tripped in the box,

Hearts fan referee , aye well he did us proud, NOT.

It was always in our own hands full stop

The Treasurer

Partick Thistle are not investing the money as they cannot afford to do so .... in effect they are being subsidised by a very rich couple.

Good luck to them as this is not the first time this couple have helped out but lets not hear all the 'good old Thistle' claptrap

They are no different allbeit on a smaller scale than Chelsea, Manchester City etc etc.....a subsidised football club.

Being helped out financially by a rich couple or by 8k not so rich pledgers, any additional income is welcomed by any club.

Good to see this being put to good use within the game.

Proper training facilities, which are sadly lacking in Scotland, can only help to improve the standard inn this country.

Bowmans_Boot

Partick Thistle are not investing the money as they cannot afford to do so .... in effect they are being subsidised by a very rich couple.

Good luck to them as this is not the first time this couple have helped out but lets not hear all the 'good old Thistle' claptrap

They are no different allbeit on a smaller scale than Chelsea, Manchester City etc etc.....a subsidised football club.

Would you view one-off donations from wealthy fans to our new stand similarly?

gashauskis9

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/partick-thistle-to-get-new-4m-training-ground/

Top 6 for the first time since the split was introduced, and now they are investing ?4m in their training setup.

Great to see decent club flourishing in a city that contains the two arse cheeks.

Well said and good luck to Glasgow's finest. Got a lot of time for that club.

Fair play Thistle. Surprised they haven't managed to get a university tie in in Glasgow like us but going there own is a bold move that hopefully pays off. ?4m but can't be easy maintaining it either.

what fun do trolls get out of derailing a good news story???  Just wish people would stop quoting them so I could enjoy the rest of the thread in peace. Ignore only works so far 

Not quite a donation as Thistle will not own the facility but pay rent on it to the couple's company. Still a great deal for thistle though.

Not quite a donation as Thistle will not own the facility but pay rent on it to the couple's company. Still a great deal for thistle though.

They will pay back the money over time, probably never. A bit lii saying we won't own our stand.

If we are going down that route, then we are way more subsidised than Thistle.

Archived