Burnleys Improved Offer Refused

bigmeg

See Burnley upped their offer for Driver. It does not mention by how much but the bid was confirmed by their No 2. Personally I would let him go but only if the money was added into a transfer kitty for a new manager:p. I would also let go of Berra for the same reason. If we got 2 million for Berra and say 1million for driver plus the 2.3m then the manager should have at least 4 million of that cash to spend....assuming we are run like any other club that is(bar hibs)

Russian Hats
See Burnley upped their offer for Driver. It does not mention by how much but the bid was confirmed by their No 2. Personally I would let him go but only if the money was added into a transfer kitty for a new manager:p. I would also let go of Berra for the same reason. If we got 2 million for Berra and say 1million for driver plus the 2.3m then the manager should have at least 4 million of that cash to spend....assuming we are run like any other club that is(bar hibs)

Hearts are run like no other club including Hibs. Why stop here, how about chucking in the season ticket money and some of the craig gordon transfer. Then give it all to a high profile appointed manager who has full say in who comes into the club:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think you are living in la la land if you think any transfer fees received will do anything other than be swallowed up by our debt/ whatever Romanov does with received transfer fees. It sure as hell wouldn't be spent on the team and all we would get is more pyramid pish to replace two great young players in Berra and Driver.

Nucky Thompson
Hearts are run like no other club including Hibs. Why stop here, how about chucking in the season ticket money and some of the craig gordon transfer. Then give it all to a high profile appointed manager who has full say in who comes into the club:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I can't believe you're still holding in here:hobofish::107years:

Rangers may have an interest in Berra, but Wolves remain the only club to have placed a firm offer within the past couple of weeks.

Mackay has been in touch with members of Lithuania-based Romanov's staff in recent days to discuss the situation with the 23-year-old.

Meanwhile, Burnley and Plymouth remain locked in ?500,000-plus tug-of-war for Berra's team-mate, young striker Andy Driver.

Owen Coyle is favourite to beat Paul Sturrock to take Driver to Burnley - again, if the price is right for Romanov.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/47793

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I can't believe you're still holding in here:hobofish::107years:

Why is it that every post that you deem critical of Romanov is by a Hobo?

Jesus, that seems to be your sole contribution(?) to JKB.

Nucky Thompson
Why is it that every post that you deem critical of Romanov is by a Hobo?

Jesus, that seems to be your sole contribution(?) to JKB.

I don't deem you a Hobo:cool: If you look past your hatred for Vlad and look at the obvious wind up merchants, you might realise.

By improved offer I'm thinking in the region of ?1m. We should have taken it IMO. The only reason I can think of why we didn't is a lack of cover.

Driver is overrated, imo: he doesn't have much pace and rarely beats a man; he also drifts in and out of games. In saying that, there's a whole catalogue of players I'd be willing to let leave first, and Andy seems to have the right attitude (which should be a prerequisite but, sadly, isn't at our club).

As I said, I'd have accepted ?1m if we had a decent back-up/replacement lined up.

Doctor FinnBarr

I smell sheeeet!

:spongebob3:

Ryan Gosling
By improved offer I'm thinking in the region of ?1m. We should have taken it IMO. The only reason I can think of why we didn't is a lack of cover.

Driver is overrated, imo: he doesn't have much pace and rarely beats a man; he also drifts in and out of games. In saying that, there's a whole catalogue of players I'd be willing to let leave first, and Andy seems to have the right attitude (which should be a prerequisite but, sadly, isn't at our club).

As I said, I'd have accepted ?1m if we had a decent back-up/replacement lined up.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Do you watch Hearts??

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Do you watch Hearts??

I must miss something then, Chris. He's never been a player that's massively excited me and I certainly wouldn't credit pace as one of his main attributes.

Ryan Gosling

It's his main attribute from what I can see. Did you not see him roast thon Hinkel boy at Parkhead? Or Hartley?! I'll try and find a video clip.

It's his main attribute from what I can see. Did you not see him roast thon Hinkel boy at Parkhead? Or Hartley?! I'll try and find a video clip.

He might not have noticed his pace because half the time he just runs straight into the first man.He started last season well but fell away pretty bad but then at least he started well unlike others.

Jambo, Goodbye

He's only 20!

at least let him develop

Hartley was proof that no matter what age you can always step it up a gear if the conditions are right and with Driver we have a player who could become a real talent

He just needs time, experience and some proper coaching from a manager who might even instill some tactics into the 1st team...

Any young player potentially worth 1million is worth holding onto surely.

Archived