Sweden V Spain

Prince Buaben

Prince Buaben

C'mon Spain....

No Changes for spain still no Fabregas..

Larsson gets his 97th cap for Sweden

Torres is amazing. If Liverpool managed to tempt Villa to Anfield they'd have an amazing partnership upfront.

So far it is looking like either Spain,Portugal or Holland as winners although the Croatia's will be hard to beat.

Torres is amazing. If Liverpool managed to tempt Villa to Anfield they'd have an amazing partnership upfront.

Liverpool will never be able to afford Villa.

Prince Buaben

Would be ca cracking front two but still need a couple of more players to win the league..

Sweden could have been back in it

Prince Buaben

Valencia's price tag is only ?17m and thats a price tag thats been halfed last season

They sold Sissoko to Juve for quite a bit and Alonso is about to follow him. Valencia have said they will listen to offers for him, although it will take about ?20-30 million to get him. They need another quality striker to challenge for the EPL, Voronin and Crouch are p!sh.

Valencia's price tag is only ?17m and thats a price tag thats been halfed last season

Honestly?

What a bargain that would be.

Prince Buaben
Honestly?

What a bargain that would be.

Thats what the wee boy doing the itv commentry said although if he finishes top goalscorer then maybe add 10m on

Thats what the wee boy doing the itv commentry said although if he finishes top goalscorer then maybe add 10m on

?16 for Darren Bent or ?17 for David Villa!

Martin Jol was a ****ing nutter.

Price tag before euro 08 kicked off.I'll be surprised if he goes for less than ?30m

ToadKiller Dog

Are the itv commentators in a studio? there does not seem to be much atmosphere at this game.

Its a bit dull.

shaun.lawson
the goal that saved a thousand bets, get in spain

It certainly did! On that evidence though, I fear for them: there's no width and no zip at all. Bizarrely, I think I'm right in saying that, because of the ludicrous head-to-head system UEFA use, if Holland beat Romania, Italy can get through just with a 1-1 draw against France - and if they make it, you just know they'd have too much savvy for the Spanish in the last 8.

Indeed, here's a scenario for you. Italy qualify with just two points, then become the enemies of football by knocking out both Spain and Holland. It could happen, you know.

You got your wish Sconnie.

Price tag now ?35m

I didn't think they would leave it that late!

I've predicted a few things today, so anyone with Russia in there double can throw there slips away.

ToadKiller Dog

Indeed, here's a scenario for you. Italy qualify with just two points, then become the enemies of football by knocking out both Spain and Holland. It could happen, you know.

Would not surprise me at all Shaun if Italy get past the group stage they become a total different proposition come the knock out games. Much the same for Germany .

south morocco
It certainly did! On that evidence though, I fear for them: there's no width and no zip at all. Bizarrely, I think I'm right in saying that, because of the ludicrous head-to-head system UEFA use, if Holland beat Romania, Italy can get through just with a 1-1 draw against France - and if they make it, you just know they'd have too much savvy for the Spanish in the last 8.

It certainly could but i think the dutch will "rest" certain players for the romania game and very wisely so.Why would they want the italians to come back and haunt them!

shaun.lawson
Would not surprise me at all Shaun if Italy get past the group stage they become a total different proposition come the knock out games. Much the same for Germany .

Absolutely! My German best friend has invited me round to watch their (presumed) quarter-final with Portugal. She was very surprised when I told her I still expect them to get through: either they or the Italians have the tournament experience needed for when things get tense. I'd love the Dutch to go all the way - it'd be fantastic for the game as a whole. But if they come up against the Azzurri, it could be 2000 all over again; and as for the Germans in the final... I wonder if Cruyff'd warn them about what happened in 1974?

shaun.lawson
It certainly could but i think the dutch will "rest" certain players for the romania game and very wisely so.Why would they want the italians to come back and haunt them!

I agree - but Holland strike me as both honest and daft enough to beat Romania, then reap what they sow later in the event!

MacDonald Jardine

I think Spain will look better against the bigger teams who would tend to attack more.

That might not include Italy right enough.

portobellojambo1

Start of the tournament I think I suggested Spain on here shaun. They are good in certain areas of the pitch, but always seem to flatter to deceive in big tournaments. Still seen nothing to compare with the Dutch, and I do not think they would fear playing the Italians again, or anyone else for that matter. The only team that will beat the Dutch are the Dutch themselves, if they all fall out over something stupid.

Bindy Badgy

I put a couple of quid on Italy this morning so they've got no chance:p

20 to 1 was too good to turn down.

For those speculating on Villa, I think the only team who has the dosh and intent are Chelsea tbh. Arsenal are too tight and I don't think Liverpool will make a move for him. Valencia's new manager says he wants to keep Silva and Villa and build his team around them so I can't see either going for under 25m.

Silva is going to be the better player IMO though he has some rough edges to his game just now he has really impressed me.

south morocco
For those speculating on Villa, I think the only team who has the dosh and intent are Chelsea tbh. Arsenal are too tight and I don't think Liverpool will make a move for him. Valencia's new manager says he wants to keep Silva and Villa and build his team around them so I can't see either going for under 25m.

Silva is going to be the better player IMO though he has some rough edges to his game just now he has really impressed me.

he might go to man u if ronaldo moves to real

Archived