What happened to the big clap thing?

feedthefox

My first home game since we enjoyed these boys from Holland/Norway/wherever we finally decided giving it the first bit atmosphere in yonks. All the rage on here was let's take it as our own and all sorts were promising drums etc....I for one and my two boys would have loved to have given it large if nothing else it was the first thing in years where folk all round joined in. Shame real opportunity missed imho.

Bear in mind my two boys 11 and 8 apart from shouting the usual just sit in silence but are itching get involved with something that has cred and is fun. The only time they have was when they joined the clap thing.

jamtartan74

It started at the beginning of the game with the guy with the drum up the back of section G, didn't really catch on though, agree that it was good when 'orange' got it going and should be done again.

It started at the beginning of the game with the guy with the drum up the back of section G, didn't really catch on though, agree that it was good when 'orange' got it going and should be done again.

Ok apologies and respect to whoever tried, shame it didn't take off but still time I guess. Before anyone slags it off maybe the can come up with a suggestion for lifting the non existent atmosphere.

Unknown user

Ok apologies and respect to whoever tried, shame it didn't take off but still time I guess. Before anyone slags it off maybe the can come up with a suggestion for lifting the non existent atmosphere.

An exciting team

An exciting team

Fair comment and yes that would be preferable but it's a long old 90+mins when things aren't exciting on the pitch. Lets have it.

fireeagle51

An exciting team

We had an exciting team in the championship season and atmosphere at home games was still shit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unknown user

We had an exciting team in the championship season and atmosphere at home games was still shit

Tbh the buzz is either there or it isn't, all the tap dancing zebras in the world won't bring the buzz if you're not already feeling it. Not in Scotland anyway, imo

fireeagle51

Tbh the buzz is either there or it isn't, all the tap dancing zebras in the world won't bring the buzz if you're not already feeling it. Not in Scotland anyway, imo

This may sound bad but the louder more vocal of our support are mostly between the ages of about 15-30. Look at section G higher and you will notice this. To get people in the mood to create a bit of atmosphere we do need a section where there would be a drummer, Micraphone for song starter. We are lacking far behind hibs section 43, Green brigade, Union bears and the Motherwell Bois. Something needs to be done next season or we will start losing our younger support

been here before

To get people in the mood to create a bit of atmosphere we do need a section where there would be a drummer, Micraphone for song starter.

What is this fascination with taking a drum to the football? They're an absolute fxkin pain in the arse. I'd happily hunt down whoever owns that one at Motherwell and force feed it to him.

And a Micraphine (?) for a 'song starter'? Back when I was a boy supporter you started a song, then others joined in, if not you still got a rendition of "solo" if it never took off.

Drums? We just clapped and it worked nae bother.

Simple days :lol:

The Internet

Just had visions of Scott Wilson running round the side of the pitch mid-game singing the Europe song.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Mind when we had the WHEC band?

If people want drummers, lead singers,etc can they not just go to a gig instead?

A streaker (female preferably).

Seriously though the atmosphere would improve if folk would take their eyes of their mobiles and concentrate on the game.

It was done as a bit of fun vs Accies because of that group. One of those 'you had to be there' things.

Didn't expect it to ever take off. It's not original enough for me.

It's naff. Wales doing it in Cardiff after they won the Euros was utterly cringe.

When did Wales win the Euros?

All roads lead to Gorgie

The big crap thing on the park has killed the big clap thing off the park.

Captain America

It only took off at the Hamilton game in 2nd half when we were scoring and winning comfortably. The boy tried it few times in the 1st half when was nil nil and few joined in.

If players show heart on the park then the fans respond, we did for 1st part of game on Sunday. Some crunching tackles and good play goes along way to help assist atmosphere. 

The Treasurer

It was done as a bit of fun vs Accies because of that group. One of those 'you had to be there' things.

Didn't expect it to ever take off. It's not original enough for me.

Never understood the thinking that "if someone else did it first then it's crap and we shouldn't do it"

There are obviously exceptions, but if a song/chant/whatever can get the crowd going, does it really matter that Ipswich/Real Madrid/East Stirling sang it first ?

Never understood the thinking that "if someone else did it first then it's crap and we shouldn't do it"

There are obviously exceptions, but if a song/chant/whatever can get the crowd going, does it really matter that Ipswich/Real Madrid/East Stirling sang it first ?

Just feels a bit sheepish if we latch onto something that a dozen teams do already. Particularly when teams in our own league do it.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

This may sound bad but the louder more vocal of our support are mostly between the ages of about 15-30. Look at section G higher and you will notice this. To get people in the mood to create a bit of atmosphere we do need a section where there would be a drummer, Micraphone for song starter. We are lacking far behind hibs section 43, Green brigade, Union bears and the Motherwell Bois. Something needs to be done next season or we will start losing our younger support

I had a wee sneaky look at the Bear's Den one day and there was a thread about the Union Bears. The vast majority of posters can't stand them and find them a total pain in the arse.

Must admit, I'm not a fan of the forced, "Ultras" style atmosphere.

Archived