'Sleeves Elliott' - Nice guy!

sandyk

Writes a lot of good stuff these days for 'Sportdec'.

A really good piece here on cup parades.  Still has a lot of affection for the Hearts.

The last trophy parade I was involved in takes me to probably one of the most memorable days I have ever experienced in football.

It was in my last season at Hearts. We had just destroyed our local rivals Hibs in the Scottish Cup Final the previous day. In the build up to the final, we knew there was gonna be a party in Edinburgh but was I glad that it was a Maroon one.

There were thousands of supporters lining the streets from the City Centre of Edinburgh all the way back to Tynecastle Stadium. The way the supporters sang their hearts out that day it felt like there were millions. It is a day I got to share with my whole family and one that will stay with us all forever.

Article here;

https://www.sportdec.com/app/article-single/1sp6h5q7wa57l1mjwuau0pjf2h

That was a good read. I completely agree with his opinion on Roy Keane's selfish decision not to have a parade/public reception. The majority of footballers win sweet ***** adams during their careers so giving them the chance to properly celebrate actually winning something is the least he could have done.

Really like him.  I wish the shower of shite we have now could appreciate they could have days like he mentions at this club.

Grew to really like Elliott. For the CV he had, I'm a bit disappointed with his scoring record with us.

But, he ran himself into the ground every ****ing week.

Grew to really like Elliott. For the CV he had, I'm a bit disappointed with his scoring record with us.

But, he ran himself into the ground every ****ing week.

An absolute workhorse of a player. Have a look at Rudi's goal v Celtic in the semi. Elliott chased a totally lost cause that he had absolutely no right to win, and the result was we scored from it.

Not a single player in our current squad is capable of lacing his boots.

Edit: I'm being harsh here. Don Cowie is that type of player too.

Archived