Wage structure

hueyview

Bearing in mind hearts get roughly 50 percent larger home attendances than Aberdeen,has the restriction on wages, been too? severe. Limited the level of player too much,..

Partick and st Johnstone do alright on just over 5,000 at home.

Bearing in mind hearts get roughly 50 percent larger home attendances than Aberdeen,has the restriction on wages, been too? severe. Limited the level of player too much,..

Sorry Double post

We have three left backs on first team wages for example , i doubt other sides do. It's all about spending wisely. We have a lot of coaches and players at Riccarton whom a lot is expected off in the future which could save us money, if they make the first team. Thistle and Saints averages were nearer 4K than 5K in the last figures i saw, i get your point though.

Decent op .

If we had been more flexible it may have had us in a position where Paterson is under a longer term contract and maybe even sam and others

I think the club were certainly being responsible financially, and looking to see if we could sustain such a model first.

Suppose though it's not necessarily the size of the wage bill, but the quality of the player. Last couple of years we have signed some good players on less than some so called 'established' SPFL players.

Decent op .

If we had been more flexible it may have had us in a position where Paterson is under a longer term contract and maybe even sam and others

I think Paterson decided he's leaving a long time ago. He's got a case of the Tziolis 'I'm too good for this place'.

I think Paterson decided he's leaving a long time ago. He's got a case of the Tziolis 'I'm too good for this place'.

Or the fact was offered a lower financial offer than our top earners , i.e. Osh

I think the wage structure is a little too tight imo. What hasn't helped is Mr Ego squandering it on a load of shit signings and temp deals and then on the flip side the longer deals to huddies like Oshinawa, Sammon, Sowah,

Could we trust CL with a bigger transfer budget or bigger wage structure?

It's all very well being financially prudent but as we all know from ripping the piss out of the vermin for years for it, the playing side will suffer. It's getting the best balance and at the moment we're no where near that good balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Partick and St Johnstone didn't nearly go out of business three years ago! 

There are obvious reasons for our financial prudency, the main one being that we never end up in the same position as we were 3 years ago again.

We can, and will continue to, pay higher wages than most of the other teams in the SPL but paying higher wages in itself doesn't necessarily mean you will have a better team on the park (Sevco's wage bill for example will be several times that of Aberdeen yet they are a long way behind them)

I have yet to see any evidence that Oshiniwa is one of our top earners.

That's the rumour but no one can confirm or deny that other than Callum. I think it's quite obvious though that he thinks he's better than Scottish football.

I think the wage structure is a little too tight imo. What hasn't helped is Mr Ego squandering it on a load of shit signings and temp deals and then on the flip side the longer deals to huddies like Oshinawa, Sammon, Sowah,

Isn't Sowah only on a short term deal ie to the end of this season?

Out of the January brigade, I thought only Goncalves and Martin had been given long term contracts.

I think our player acquisition has been poor regardless of budget. You have to ask if those presently responsible for our signings would still be at the club if it wasn't for the feel good factor of the new stand and the financial mess we've just emerged from. If we separate our footballing progress from the stadium and business side of things it's chalk and cheese.

Isn't Sowah only on a short term deal ie to the end of this season?

Out of the January brigade, I thought only Goncalves and Martin had been given long term contracts.

Sowah might be I tried checking I just assumed we'd got him for 3 years.

I wasn't just talking about January I meant the entire recruitment process from the start since CL came in

Sowah might be I tried checking I just assumed we'd got him for 3 years.

I wasn't just talking about January I meant the entire recruitment process from the start since CL came in

Yeah, the recruitment policy has been largely uninspiring.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I'm normally dead against the 'aye but we nearly died 3 years ago' type posts.

But........ in this case - the situation we were in a few years back absolutely justifies the restrictions. We had little choice but to cut things back and tighten the purse strings. Savings had to be made wherever possible - lets not forget the state the club was in when Ann came in and rook the reins.

I'd perhaps be more inclined to question how we've spent the money rather than how much of it we've spent (or not as the case may be).

Lincon Premier

Maybe if we had not wasted so much on duds we could afford better players on higher money.

Maybe if we had not wasted so much on duds we could afford better players on higher money.

Shocking the money we wasted on El Hass, Anderson, Osh, Sammon..........and most of the Jan signings!!

maroonnicky63

He is

maroonnicky63

correct again

maroonnicky63

That's the rumour but no one can confirm or deny that other than Callum. I think it's quite obvious though that he thinks he's better than Scottish football.

he is

he is

or was (pre-injury)

he is

We'll certainly find out if he is or not, maybe he is just a very good Scottish premiership player and that is it because tbh he never set the world on fire playing for the national team.

We have a wage structure more than capable of achieving 2nd place in the league. The issue we have is that our 'special players' who are receiving the bigger wages aren't special, they are rank.

Oshaniwa should have been a serious wake up call, but then in came Malaury Martin. Slower than my granddad and only useful when we are 5-0 up to Hamilton at home as far as I can see.

maroonnicky63

We'll certainly find out if he is or not, maybe he is just a very good Scottish premiership player and that is it because tbh he never set the world on fire playing for the national team.

I don't think anyone does for the national side because Strachan keeps on picking the tried and trusted but I think Paterson will slot in there fine eventually, he will go to at least the championship in England , we blew it big time with Paterson we should have offered him a better deal instead of penny pinching and paying other players way over what he was on , disgusting IMO and he is right to spit the dummy out and go when you consider the players coming in are way over what he is on, just wait until they try and sign walker.

I don't think anyone does for the national side because Strachan keeps on picking the tried and trusted but I think Paterson will slot in there fine eventually, he will go to at least the championship in England , we blew it big time with Paterson we should have offered him a better deal instead of penny pinching and paying other players way over what he was on , disgusting IMO and he is right to spit the dummy out and go when you consider the players coming in are way over what he is on, just wait until they try and sign walker.

Are you hearing the same with Walker ? Think something the same fappened with sam where they low balled him on an offer and these imposters come in on far more .

Jambof3tornado

Dont you know how to do the jkb wages calculation?? The worse the player performs the greater his wage.

If juwon was on the wage some believe he would be playing or have been loaned out to lessen the costs.

Dont you know how to do the jkb wages calculation?? The worse the player performs the greater his wage.

If juwon was on the wage some believe he would be playing or have been loaned out to lessen the costs.

:10900:

Yes, unlike some on here, I've never been able to track down the individual players' wages spreadsheet (excel is probably best, certainly better than a pdf).  Like the truth, though, it's out there somewhere.

The matter of a loan deal for Osh, though, requires a willing taker.  Maybe that's been the sticking point.

Decent op .

Why would we look to have Sam on a longer contract?

A_A wehatethehibs

Think we've struggled to find a balance between quantity and quality considering we started off from basically 6 players in 2014 when Neilson took over, that's only 3 years ago. Our longest serving player is a 23 year old winger. We don't have a backbone of long serving players, as Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Johnstone, Partick, Ross County Dundee all do. That makes building a squad with a balance of youth and experience very, very difficult.

For the record I don't reckon we offered Paterson or Nicholson far less than what Sammon or Martin were on when they were 20 years old. Probably significantly more. The reality is experienced players = more money that's just basic football economics. Experienced players are usually settled at clubs and if a (supposedly) decent one becomes available as a free agent you will have to fork out... If you don't, you'll not sign mature players.

I do have some sympathy for those involved with recruitment at the club because the squad is still in a really difficult state, it's many years of work. Cathro and Levein had absolutely no choice but to get bodies in in January we just didn't have the numbers. However, Unfortunately with the last 2 transfer windows, they (football department) have really put themselves under serious pressure for the next transfer window as it's starting to look like someone at the club has a very poor eye for a player. It can't happen this summer, we need characters and leaders brought in, not technicians.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The funny thing about Juwon.

Had there been a poll on here , 95% would have voted to sign him for 3 years.

Personally I think we gave up on him way too soon. Then it was Ozturk and Sammon and now Rherras.

We sign players who fall from favour and consigned to the rubbish bin with seemingly no way back.

I am surprised Budge condones such an attitude

maroonnicky63

Are you hearing the same with Walker ? Think something the same fappened with sam where they low balled him on an offer and these imposters come in on far more .

The same with walker just wait and see his contract is up next season so they need to make him an offer or sell him before next season,if not he can walk with hearts getting nothing, not even a development fee.They will need to put him level or more than the big earners at the club , they may do that to be fare but I doubt it.

Why would we look to have Sam on a longer contract?

Because they do and he won't sign either . Remember your not in charge , you are merely an opinion

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I heard from a former squad member Oshaniwa was one of the top earners at the club. Couldn't think of a reason why he'd make that up.

Because they do and he won't sign either . Remember your not in charge , you are merely an opinion

Calm down.

I'll ask the question again - try and follow. Why would they wish to sign Sam on a longer term contract?

My opinion, if I'm allowed to convey, is that Sam Nicholson will net the club more money as a development fee than he will realise under contract.

I fear that his options in the summer could be narrow as those looking at what they'd get for the development fee payable might be best to focus elsewhere

Calm down.

I'll ask the question again - try and follow. Why would they wish to sign Sam on a longer term contract?

My opinion, if I'm allowed to convey, is that Sam Nicholson will net the club more money as a development fee than he will realise under contract.

I fear that his options in the summer could be narrow as those looking at what they'd get for the development fee payable might be best to focus elsewhere

Ok I've followed and I will reply . They would like him to play for HMFC on a long term deal

Partick and St Johnstone didn't nearly go out of business three years ago! 

There are obvious reasons for our financial prudency, the main one being that we never end up in the same position as we were 3 years ago again.

We can, and will continue to, pay higher wages than most of the other teams in the SPL but paying higher wages in itself doesn't necessarily mean you will have a better team on the park (Sevco's wage bill for example will be several times that of Aberdeen yet they are a long way behind them)

Nearly going out of business is not relevant to this discussion. The facts are that we have a much bigger support and income stream than Partick & St Johnstone have so we should be in a better position to recruit better players.

Yes by all means we need to be prudent and work to a wage structure that is affordable in relation to our income but we must surely have a bigger budget than those clubs mentioned so we should be bringing in a better quality player.

If we don't as would appear to be the case with the current influx then the blame must surely lie in our signing policy.

Calm down.

For what it's worth I am in total agreement with you on this.

Ok I've followed and I will reply . They would like him to play for HMFC on a long term deal

I'm not so sure. I suspect they see the development fee as maximum realisable value for someone who contributes very little and who's development has stalled alarmingly

I'm not so sure. I suspect they see the development fee as maximum realisable value for someone who contributes very little and who's development has stalled alarmingly

They have ,he knocked back so will move on and as you say we should receive some money in training comp

Messed up initial post

You've also got to remember the attendance figures can be misleading and don't necessarily relate to money through the door. Hearts attendance figures are based on tickets sold whereas Aberdeen's are based on people through turnstiles. A recent Aberdeen match had almost 3000 more tickets sold than the attendance quoted. Plus there may be differences (for now at least) in the corporate incomes on match days. That being said, higher wages doesn't always mean better performances, as teams like St Johnstone and Rangers have shown. Where money is perhaps better spent is on the management team/coaching staff. This is where Aberdeen have perhaps invested a little and are now benefiting. An even better example is the Rogers appointment at Celtic where virtually the same group of players (plus 1-2 key additions) are performing way ahead of where they were last season. From the team that played on Sunday I think Scott Sinclair was the only one who wasn't there last year.

maroonnicky63

Because they do and he won't sign either . Remember your not in charge , you are merely an opinion.

I think you are spot on and unfortunately we are going to lose more young players we have already lost Paterson and I would say ,Walker, Smith ( why this young lad is not in the team is a mystery, best full back at the club IMO.) , Beith will also go unless they start giving him more play time which he richly deserves especially when you look at the performance of some who are in the team at the moment and continually play even wen they are way of form

kingantti1874

Not whilst we are funding a new main stand, will be different next season.. hopefully we have a manager qualified to spend it

Archived