Today's Ref?

alwaysthereinspirit

Always previously had a lot of time for Kevin Clancy, but I thought he was poor today. It was if he had been told not to rain on Celtics parade.

airdriejambo3

It could have been worse because I was worried when Walker recklessly threw himself into that tackle, from where I was sitting some refs would have loved the attention of sending him off. Any WF stand members comment if it was just a booking or nothing or worse.

Jambo19811874

It could have been worse because I was worried when Walker recklessly through himself into that tackle, from where I was sitting some refs would have loved the attention of sending him off. Any WF stand members comment if it was just a booking or nothing or worse.

Am in section A but looked an ok challenge but don't know for sure cos folk were walking passed me at the time

Referees are the least of our problems.

It is still a valid topic for discussion!!!!

For about the first time in history there is almost complete silence about a penalty we should have had that might have made it 2-1 just before half time.

Wonder why....

Jambof3tornado

Am in section A but looked an ok challenge but don't know for sure cos folk were walking passed me at the time

Won the ball.

Ref let celtic away with the usual shite.

the kings dad

Sad. Our officials have reached new levels of woefulness.

his decision to make Hearts retake the free kick after Celtics goal was chalked off for offside was in my opinion one of the worse I have seen for years, The ball was level with the and very close to the  spot where the offence was. He only did it because half the Celtic team were out of position celebrating. Shortly after he let Armstrong take a quick free kick about 10 yards from where the foul was

It could have been worse because I was worried when Walker recklessly threw himself into that tackle, from where I was sitting some refs would have loved the attention of sending him off. Any WF stand members comment if it was just a booking or nothing or worse.

I'm in the Wheatfield mate, was definitely just a booking.

I could clearly see the ref showing him the yellow card. 

the kings dad

Sad. Our officials have reached new levels of woefulness.

his decision to make Hearts retake the free kick after Celtics goal was chalked off for offside was in my opinion one of the worse I have seen for years, The ball was level with the and very close to the  spot where the offence was. He only did it because half the Celtic team were out of position celebrating. Shortly after he let Armstrong take a quick free kick about 10 yards from where the foul was

Buster HMFC

It is still a valid topic for discussion!!!!

Aye if we`re looking for scapegoats. Scottish refs are pish but we already knew that. Its been mentioned on here 100 times. Our problems are closer to home.

Was a ridiculous decision not to allow us to take it just because they were off celebrating a non existant goal.

For about the first time in history there is almost complete silence about a penalty we should have had that might have made it 2-1 just before half time.

Wonder why....

It was a free kick outside the box at least,look again and you'll see he wasn't inside the box when he was brought down.

Wonder why....

Enlighten us Jammy T...........we're all closet Hibees I suppose?

Aye if we`re looking for scapegoats. Scottish refs are pish but we already knew that. Its been mentioned on here 100 times. Our problems are closer to home.

And these problems are acknowledged and well discussed on here!

Doesn't stop us discussing a pish poor performance by the referee today.

Some terrible decisions.

Brown not booked when it was a clear yellow card offence. Standard though.

Not letting us play on when Celtic were celebrating their ruled out goal. Had it been the other way, not a chance they'd have been pulled back.

Two incompetent throw-in decisions in front of the main stand that were clearly Hearts throws but given to Celtic. Guess work but let's just give it to Celtic because it's Celtic.

Letting them celebrate their fifth goal for about 2mins and practically joining in the celebrations. Rather than booking them all for being tits.

I'm sure I've missed a few as well.

Buster HMFC

And these problems are acknowledged and well discussed on here!

Doesn't stop us discussing a pish poor performance by the referee today.

So is your point the referee was terrible today or are Scottish Referee`s are terrible in general. 

Seymour M Hersh

I thought wonder boy should have been booked in the 1st half when he went in studs up on Strunna in our box. 

Some terrible decisions.

Brown not booked when it was a clear yellow card offence. Standard though.

Not letting us play on when Celtic were celebrating their ruled out goal. Had it been the other way, not a chance they'd have been pulled back.

Two incompetent throw-in decisions in front of the main stand that were clearly Hearts throws but given to Celtic. Guess work but let's just give it to Celtic because it's Celtic.

Letting them celebrate their fifth goal for about 2mins and practically joining in the celebrations. Rather than booking them all for being tits.

I'm sure I've missed a few as well.

Yep,two goals that were actually goals but given as offside.

So is your point the referee was terrible today or are Scottish Referee`s are terrible in general.

Both

Buster HMFC

You posting on here is like us posting on hibs.net. Thick as f?ck

You posting on here is like us posting on hibs.net. Thick as f?ck

Think I'll pop over and see what they're saying,,,,,,nah,never mind.

Think I'll pop over and see what they're saying,,,,,,nah,never mind.

You'd last 5 minutes on there - they don't suffer imbeciles like we do.

Psychedelicropcircle

GTF ya prick

GTF ya prick

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips n chains excite me.:)

Fozzyonthefence

Feck me. We lose 5-0 and Celtic have two good goals disallowed for offside and there's still folk on here with their conspiracy theories and moaning about not getting a penalty for a foul outside the box.

Anything to deflect from another embarassing performance. The officials are the least of our problems, especially if they continue to award us more penalties than any other team in the league and disallow perfectly good goals by our oponents.

Aye we're pish because of the GFA. Wake up guys.

In the grand scheme of things the referee was ok, definitely seen worse performances from the officials.

When imbeciles are in the majority they tend to be suffered ok...

:)

Feck me. We lose 5-0 and Celtic have two good goals disallowed for offside and there's still folk on here with their conspiracy theories and moaning about not getting a penalty for a foul outside the box.

Anything to deflect from another embarassing performance. The officials are the least of our problems, especially if they continue to award us more penalties than any other team in the league and disallow perfectly good goals by our oponents.

Aye we're pish because of the GFA. Wake up guys.

2-1 going into half time is a different game.

You're being completely two dimensional.

...a bit disco

Is it just possible, however remotely, that while we were pish today, so was Mr O'Clancy? If so, are we not allowed to discuss said pish performance by the aforementioned ref? 

Just a thought.

Mutual exclusivity, eh?

Fozzyonthefence

2-1 going into half time is a different game.

Why would it have been 2-1 at half time? If the linesman had done his job proprly it would have been 3-0 not 2-0 or 2-1. What was the mythical goal that the ref supposedly cost us?

Fozzyonthefence

Is it just possible, however remotely, that while we were pish today, so was Mr O'Clancy? If so, are we not allowed to discuss said pish performance by the aforementioned ref?

Just a thought.

Mutual exclusivity, eh?

Because it's a bit embarassing after being pumped 5-0 at home and the officials actually helped prevent us getting an even bigger doing. Maybe we should be concentrating on the failings of the players and the management team. Just a thought.

What was the other offside goal?

The one where Avolitis knicks it in is a clear offside.

If he hadn't gone for the ball, Sinclair had an open goal tap in when he was offside.

Saint Jambo

If he hadn't gone for the ball, Sinclair had an open goal tap in when he was offside.

There was one after a couple of minutes where everyone had stopped playing long, long before the ball was put in the net. I don't think a single Celtic fan celebrated it. Even if it was onside, claiming that it was  wrongly chopped off goal is ridiculous.

Assuming that at least one of the Celtic players was in an offside position for the one in the second half then it was rightly disallowed as all the Celtic players deliberately moved towards the ball. It is the equivalent of a player in an offside position in front of the keeper when a shot goes in without the attacker touching it. If the attacker doesn't move for the ball they are deemed not to be interfering with play and not offside, but if they do make a move towards the ball then they are deemed to be interfering and therefore offside. The Celtic players were moving towards the ball so (assuming they were in offside positions when the shot was hit) they were interfering with play and correctly flagged for offside.

The decision to pull back the quick free kick wasn't as bad as Miller catching the ball earlier in the season or the Hearts booking for a Motherwell player being tripped by his own man for completely inexplicable ref decisions, but probably top 5.

Fozzyonthefence

The McGregor goal after 2 mins - definitely onside. Disagree with you on the og one - if that had been disallowed against us everyone would have been raging.

Fozzyonthefence

There was one after a couple of minutes where everyone had stopped playing long, long before the ball was put in the net. I don't think a single Celtic fan celebrated it. Even if it was onside, claiming that it was wrongly chopped off goal is ridiculous.

Assuming that at least one of the Celtic players was in an offside position for the one in the second half then it was rightly disallowed as all the Celtic players deliberately moved towards the ball. It is the equivalent of a player in an offside position in front of the keeper when a shot goes in without the attacker touching it. If the attacker doesn't move for the ball they are deemed not to be interfering with play and not offside, but if they do make a move towards the ball then they are deemed to be interfering and therefore offside. The Celtic players were moving towards the ball so (assuming they were in offside positions when the shot was hit) they were interfering with play and correctly flagged for offside.

The decision to pull back the quick free kick wasn't as bad as Miller catching the ball earlier in the season or the Hearts booking for a Motherwell player being tripped by his own man for completely inexplicable ref decisions, but probably top 5.

Absolute pish about the first one - McGregor was clean through and Hamilton tries to save it. Watch it again.

The second one can at least be debated about whether it was interfering with play or not but not for me. I dont think he even knows where Sinclair is but I can accept that one was open to interpretation.

Pasquale for King

Always previously had a lot of time for Kevin Clancy, but I thought he was poor today. It was if he had been told not to rain on Celtics parade.

I thought he was going to join in their huddle after the 5th goal

Clancy killed our game when he booked Walker after the 4th minute. That left Jamie treading on thin ice for the remainder of the game. You can argue it might have been deserved but I have seen far worse in my time and it was almost like we were a man down. Even worse when you factor in Johnsen's performance.

Many things Clancy did baffled

Walker being booked 4 mins in Killed him as he couldn't risk anything incase he got a red, yes he had a couple of early tackles but other way about, a talking too at best

(I'm happy to be corrected on this one) we got a free kick on half way, kitchen tries to take but mcgregor stands in and blocks it, he and kitchen have handbags and Isma gets booked not kitchen? I know he was in the area but the main aggressor from our side was kitchen, not him

The quick restart after the offside goal was a disgrace, other way about and it's allowed

It's a general theme but Celtic players seemed able to throw themselves down at any tackle and straight away it's a free kick (I thought the penalty was soft but sadly seen it again and there is some contact) but can brutalise us and nothing is done

Clancy killed our game when he booked Walker after the 4th minute. That left Jamie treading on thin ice for the remainder of the game. You can argue it might have been deserved but I have seen far worse in my time and it was almost like we were a man down. Even worse when you factor in Johnsen's performance.

Yup. Forrest's reaction got Walker booked. I'm not sure it was even a foul as Walker clearly takes the ball. Mind you, he'd already kicked Brown by that stage so maybe Brown told Clancy to book him? :)

Early shitty bookings do make a rod for the ref's own back. There were four bookings in the first half and I thought only Nowak's was deserved. Armstrong should have possibly been booked for stopping Kitchen taking a quick freekick (sadly a rule thats never enforced) but not for the afters which was just nonsense and by booking Armstrong for the wrong offence he basically had to book a Hearts player.

Totally agree with the point made re the re-taking of a free-kick from the six yard box so the opposition can organise themselves. He needn't have worried as Hearts would have worked it up the line and turned back to play it to our centre halves so we could let Celtic back into position!

Walker being booked 4 mins in Killed him as he couldn't risk anything incase he got a red, yes he had a couple of early tackles but other way about, a talking too at best

(I'm happy to be corrected on this one) we got a free kick on half way, kitchen tries to take but mcgregor stands in and blocks it, he and kitchen have handbags and Isma gets booked not kitchen? I know he was in the area but the main aggressor from our side was kitchen, not him

The quick restart after the offside goal was a disgrace, other way about and it's allowed

It's a general theme but Celtic players seemed able to throw themselves down at any tackle and straight away it's a free kick (I thought the penalty was soft but sadly seen it again and there is some contact) but can brutalise us and nothing is done

I think McGregor was the offender and stood up and lingered for a second or two before stepping back. Armstrong sprinted 20 yards to basically commit a bookable offence by deliberately preventing a free-kick being taken. Kitchen then pushed him away with a fair amount of force, which started the afters.

I actually forgot Golden Boy Tierney's lunge at Cowie when he lost control of the ball, which really pissed me off considering the offence Walker had been booked for!

Nookie Bear

Wonder why....

Was that on Cowie? Right in front of me and I didn't think it was at the time.

Captain America

Didn't effect the game at all but have the rules changed on GKs being allowed to take bye kicks when players are in the box. Twice in 1st half Gordon took bye kick when there was at least 6 or 7 players still in box.

If rules has changed then fair enough but if not how does the ref or linesman not do anything about this, what is the point of these rules if not enforced. 

Bazzas right boot

Tbf, the linesmen/ assistant ref chop goals off not the ref.

Absolute pish about the first one - McGregor was clean through and Hamilton tries to save it. Watch it again.

The second one can at least be debated about whether it was interfering with play or not but not for me. I dont think he even knows where Sinclair is but I can accept that one was open to interpretation.

Correct,here's a small part of the game,about 27 mins,McGregor was onside...just.

https://youtu.be/3c-qxVH3Ab0

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A few small things. The delay of game by McGregor , we end up with a booking is wrong and not allowing the quick free kick taken despite letting Celtic take many away from the spot and one rolling even.

But small things. We might have had a pen similar to the one at the end of the last Old Firm games , but if I'm honest wouldn't be happy if it had been awarded against us.

Least of our worries for now

I'm not baffled GFA team GFA referee. Clancy file under Collum and Madden. Decisions even themselves out of over the season 50% to the Timothy and 50% to the Hun.

I think McGregor was the offender and stood up and lingered for a second or two before stepping back. Armstrong sprinted 20 yards to basically commit a bookable offence by deliberately preventing a free-kick being taken. Kitchen then pushed him away with a fair amount of force, which started the afters.

I actually forgot Golden Boy Tierney's lunge at Cowie when he lost control of the ball, which really pissed me off considering the offence Walker had been booked for!

Saw it again last night - the worst tackle of the game!

Archived