Does anyone else think the Velicka move to Rangers smacks of another WebsterGate

Jamie_the_Jambo

WebsterGate on Velicka  

1 member has voted

1. 1. WebsterGate on Velicka

• Yes
    • No

Ogi fae Gorgie

All these conspiracies, talk about insecurities or is it just boredum or just something else to moan about. So Romanov is now in cahoots with Murray, jesus.

Nucky Thompson

Yes. One of the guys at Viking have Rangers connections:rolleyes: It's fecking obvious.

colinmaroon

It MAY be so!

And that does not mean Vlad has anything to do with it! Au contraire!

Ostenstaad - ex-blue nose - gets call from Murray -

"Buy Velicka and we'll give you a nice profit in a few months, because if we tried to buy him direct, that mad Lithuanian would never sell him to us for less than 2.5 million!!!"

It MAY be so!

"Buy Velicka and we'll give you a nice profit in a few months, because if we tried to buy him direct, that mad Lithuanian would never sell him to us for less than 2.5 million!!!"

Ostenstad did nothing at Ibrox except boost his pension. I cannot think he?ll be that bothered about Rangers FC.

RockyBalboa
Ostenstad did nothing at Ibrox except boost his pension. I cannot think he?ll be that bothered about Rangers FC.

He has came out with Rangers being one of the biggest clubs in Europe, cannae stand in his way pash today ;)

shaun.lawson

Whereas I've always thought he'd have been a hit for us. JJ agreed a fee of with him, but got gazumped by Southampton who offered more than a million more!

It MAY be so!

If thats the deal then fair play to them, a bit neaky but more in 'you wee rascal' sense as opposed to you cheating b***** style :P

Do we get any chunk of a sell on clause ;)

rudi must stay
If Rangers wanted Velicka why not just sign him from Kaunas directly?

who owns Kaunas?

Exactly

RockyBalboa

A couple of reasons including they wouldnt want to deal with the crackpot in charge of Hearts and they didnt need him until the summer as Cousin was there.

Viking buying him weakened Hearts for the half season, strenghthened Viking (and made them a profit) and meant no Romanov dealings.

Romanov will be raging about the 400k appearance add ons too.

Nucky Thompson
:hobofish:

Whereas I've always thought he'd have been a hit for us. JJ agreed a fee of with him, but got gazumped by Southampton who offered more than a million more!

Was it not Blackburn and if I remember correctly Souness the manager there at the time? I definitley heard the story direct from JJ at the time that he was more than convinced that the agent had tipped off the other club and we were gazumped as you put it. JJ actually found the whole thing pretty funny in as much as not only were Hearts screwed with, Blackburn were also as it seemed that the agent had inflated the Hearts bid , to get even more out of Blackburn and in turn the agent got even more

ToadKiller Dog

Its certainly possible with the uglies ,just hope for the sake of kaunas that they put in a sell on clause when they sold him.

Has the deal actually been done yet heard the uglies were also looking at other striking options aswell ?

Nucky Thompson
Its certainly possible with the uglies ,just hope for the sake of kaunas that they put in a sell on clause when they sold him.

Has the deal actually been done yet heard the uglies were also looking at other striking options aswell ?

They have got permission to talk and are going to offer a contract this weekend:cool: It totally stinks IMO.

Nucky Thompson
Not in the slightest, but I'd love for a few of the 40 or so who said Yes to explain the logic to me!
I'll try:) Our top scorer signs for a team from Norway:) with Rangers connections for 3 months. When our transfer window opens, the team from Norway:) with Rangers connections excepts an offer(the same as what they paid) to sell him to Rangers. Totally sucks.

Same agent that was involved with Paul Hartley's move along the M8.

And the same half witted short sighted owner who let them go because of the value being paid.

siegementality

Surely this thread should be on a Kaunas message board, Velicka was their player after all. Maybe Hearts should have bought him eh!

I'll try:) Our top scorer signs for a team from Norway:) with Rangers connections for 3 months. When our transfer window opens, the team from Norway:) with Rangers connections excepts an offer(the same as what they paid) to sell him to Rangers. Totally sucks.

Well now that conspiracy is sorted, maybe you can get to work on the death of Princess Diana and 9/11. :wacko:

siegementality

Who was on loan from, and belonged to, Kaunas. So Kaunas sold him to Viking and Viking might now sell him to Rankers, what has that got to do with Hearts?.

south morocco
Who was on loan from, and belonged to, Kaunas. So Kaunas sold him to Viking and Viking might now sell him to Rankers, what has that got to do with Hearts?.

Maybe it's because he played for us in a kind of "shop window" set up and now he's on the verge of signing for the huns,you reap what you sow vladimir,i dont think he saw that one coming,only my humble opinion though

What's the hun connection apart from Egil Ostenstadt who was rank when there as I remember and was lucky not to be hounded out of Glasgow by a baying mob with torches after a short spell?

I totally understand the Webster situation as the huns had put in that million or so offer for him and he wanted to go there, not to mention the JJB connection, but as for Velicka, would they not have tried to get him when he was leaving us? Vlad might have told them to feck off, but I'd have thought they would have tried if they were even slightly interested? We'd have been sure to hear all about it in the press if Vlad had told them to get stuffed unless they stumped up the 4M or whatever he'd have been looking for.

Yes this one is strange, but only in that we let him go in the first place imo.

Vlads to blame, he's made the mistake. He was worth 1 million and he took less. Fair play to Velicka, money took him to Viking (Hearts were paying him peanuts) and now Rangers will give him another big pay day.

shaun.lawson
Was it not Blackburn and if I remember correctly Souness the manager there at the time? I definitley heard the story direct from JJ at the time that he was more than convinced that the agent had tipped off the other club and we were gazumped as you put it. JJ actually found the whole thing pretty funny in as much as not only were Hearts screwed with, Blackburn were also as it seemed that the agent had inflated the Hearts bid , to get even more out of Blackburn and in turn the agent got even more

I just checked, Tom. It was Southampton - Souness was boss there in 96/7. JJ agreed a deal to buy Ostenstad for ?125,000 - what a bargain that would've been - only for Southampton to offer ?700,000 a few days later. D'oh! To be fair, I'm not sure what wages and signing-on fee we were offering anyway - but what you say about the agent certainly rings true. Hmm: wonder if Ostenstad was paying attention in time for when he'd be calling the shots?

Imeantasong
Vlads to blame, he's made the mistake. He was worth 1 million and he took less. Fair play to Velicka, money took him to Viking (Hearts were paying him peanuts) and now Rangers will give him another big pay day.

I probably agree with it this way too.

Vlad the football expert couldn't wait to sell him, thinking the fee was too good to miss.

Mind you, I don't think the fact Egil was rubbish at Rangers would stop a dodgy deal between the two, business being business, even if dodgy.

Maybe it will be just another wee pointer to Romanov that he doesn't know it all.

Archived