Romanov interview puts Weiss in pole position

jamboBG

VLADIMIR Weiss has the opportunity to move himself into pole position in the race to become the new manager of Hearts when he meets the club's owner Vladimir Romanov in Lithuania this weekend.

Sources close to Romanov have suggested that his failure to recruit Mark McGhee from Motherwell last month have left him less concerned about finding someone who has worked in British football and more determined to appoint someone he is confident he can communicate with harmoniously in the running of the Tynecastle club.

Some of Thordarson's public pronouncements this week, among them what appeared a demand for Romanov to hasten the recruitment process, are unlikely to have gone down well with the Russian-born businessman.

Weiss, who speaks both Russian and English, cut an impressive figure when his Artmedia side played both Celtic and Rangers in the 2005-06 Champions League. They famously eliminated Celtic 5-4 on aggregate in the second qualifying round, before securing 0-0 and 2-2 draws against Rangers at Ibrox and in Bratislava respectively in the group stage of the tournament.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Romanov-interview-puts-Weiss-in.4185780.jp

The Scotman change the story everyday.At first he spoke very little english,then he spoke decent but not great english and now he speaks english.

I watch now Cv of Mr. Weiss (in english his family name is White). He is born September 22, 1964.

Angel Chervenkov (his family name in english is Red) is born June 10, 1964.

The same ages. And bomb idea: Mr. Weiss - first team, for Angel - second (reserves) and we will have my lovly team combination Red and White. Maeby you don't like this idea, but in any next minute is interesting for me...Now - you can kill me!

VLADIMIR Weiss has the opportunity to move himself into pole position in the race to become the new manager of Hearts when he meets the club's owner Vladimir Romanov in Lithuania this weekend.

Sources close to Romanov have suggested that his failure to recruit Mark McGhee from Motherwell last month have left him less concerned about finding someone who has worked in British football and more determined to appoint someone he is confident he can communicate with harmoniously in the running of the Tynecastle club.

Some of Thordarson's public pronouncements this week, among them what appeared a demand for Romanov to hasten the recruitment process, are unlikely to have gone down well with the Russian-born businessman.

Weiss, who speaks both Russian and English, cut an impressive figure when his Artmedia side played both Celtic and Rangers in the 2005-06 Champions League. They famously eliminated Celtic 5-4 on aggregate in the second qualifying round, before securing 0-0 and 2-2 draws against Rangers at Ibrox and in Bratislava respectively in the group stage of the tournament.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Romanov-interview-puts-Weiss-in.4185780.jp

Does mean the same as 'do as he's told'?

I really thought by now I'd be regretting not renewing, maybe I hoped that by now I'd be regretting not renewing.

I wish I was regretting not renewing.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
I watch now Cv of Mr. Weiss (in english his family name is White). He is born September 22, 1964.

The same ages. And bomb idea: Mr. Weiss - first team, for Angel - second (reserves) and we will have my lovly team combination Red and White. Maeby you don't like this idea, but in any next minute is interesting for me...Now - you can kill me!

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Nucky Thompson

I know you like him, but Angel was a total flop at Hearts BG:rolleyes:

Ray Winstone
I know you like him, but Angel was a total flop at Hearts BG:rolleyes:

Lets not dress it up as something its not.

He was absolutely cr@p.

Nucky Thompson
Lets not dress it up as something its not.

He was absolutely cr@p.

I was only trying to be nice:)

Angel was total mince. I don't want him ever to darken the door of Tynie again!

Lynn:ninja:

The more you find out about Weiss the more impressed you get, in terms of what he has achieved.

Personally, I'd welcome him.

The bonus is that we would finally get a World Cup player!

(He played for Czechoslovakia at the 1990 World Cup finals)

Ray Winstone
I was only trying to be nice:)

Well I am working on a saturday - I dont want to be nice.

;)

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Bomb. If you want to kill me I will be in Soltau (Germany) from June 23 till July 3 with bulgarian U19 national team for camp and friendlys(my Topsport is media partner of Bulgarian football union). This is 15 km from Schneverdingen (place for last summer Hearts preparation)...:P

Angel was total mince. I don't want him ever to darken the door of Tynie again!

Lynn:ninja:

I don't want M&M too. But who ask me mate? Over this thema - Greetings from Bulgaria! :toasting:

Nucky Thompson
Well I am working on a saturday - I dont want to be nice.

;)

Nae luck mate, how long till you hit the boozer:)

Chad Sexington

If Angel ever sets foot in Tynecastle again he should be forcibly ejected by security.

He was a total freakin disaster.

Billy the Jambo

Why all the clamour for this guy Weiss his team beat celtic 5-0 big fikng deal and drew 2-2 aginst rangers and the only britsh experience he has is visiting the weege if that qualifies him as a good manager then i despair i really do

Not the only similarity. 1 season in a decent league in Russia and he gets 11th place in the league where his team (Saturn FC) get 8 no score draws in 30 matches.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/re...n=2006&cc=5739

Yes he could be Angels twin.

Eastern European tactics,

9 players in defence

1 striker

Never press the ball in midfield

Wait all match for a mistake from the opposition for a quick counter.

Yawn

Get the point.

Weiss GTF

Not renewing my season ticket to watch the same as last season.

ToadKiller Dog
Eastern European tactics,

9 players in defence

1 striker

Never press the ball in midfield

Just a side point Slovakia is a central European nation part of the old Czechoslovakia and firmly part of central europe .

europe-central-small.gif

Archived