32" LCD TV - any recommendations?

JALBO

My TV has gone on the blink, and so I'm looking for a 32" LCD. Any experts out there with recommendations in terms of which TV packs in the most value for money? I suppose I'd not want to spend much over ?500.

Ta muchly.....

Panasonic Viera. I've got a 32" in the dining room and a 26" in the bedroom (ooh err missus).

Delighted with them.

slashishere
Panasonic Viera. I've got a 32" in the dining room and a 26" in the bedroom (ooh err missus).

Delighted with them.

Can only agree with the Panasonic shout. We have the 50" plasma in the living room and it is fantastic.

For 32" LCD's you can't go wrong with either Panasonic or Sony. Both the Vera and Bravia engines are the best out there. Toshiba also have some decent models out too.

Stay away from JVC and Phillips as both are crap. With the former suffering from a great deal of juddering whilst the latter has some serious lighting issues with their LCD tvs.

Samsungs are somewhere in the middle of those examples as they are neither crap or good, but do the job nevertheless.

I have the Sony Bravia 32" quite happy with it, I only have the 32" as the place it is situated will only take that size. The problem I have is that the quality of picture and color are so good I am now dying to get a 42" As my luck would have it the old TV in the living room will not die, and the wife won't let me get another one 'til it does. The way things are going it might outlast me.:rolleyes:

You'll get a 42" for only a few ?'s more.

Definitley agree with stepping it up in size for a few bucks more. I'm certainly not well up on what is what on technology with these things but I did do some research before buying across here and the overwhelming support for Panasonic was incredible. Seemingly its all of their own technology that they use unlike a lot of the others. Obviously the Pioneer Elite and the likes are a step above, but for mid range set Panasonic seems as good as it gets.

Value for money if you can get them across in the UK is LG, I had 2 of them in the house and both were very good

Note: When I was doing some research I was told to stay away from Samsung. Everyone has an opinion on these things but just passing along what I found out. I think the Samsung problem was its longegivity

Good Luck

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/

When your TV does die, I would get a plasma if you're going to be purchasing a 42". LCD's are fine at 26" and 32", but after that there's a noticeable difference in picture quality between the two.

Panasonic, Sony, Samsung or LG. Buy from Richer Sounds in Chambers Street. 5 year warranty for 10% of the purchase price and the staff are knowledgable and friendly. I have bought a few items there and have had no problems.

King of the North

Sony Bravia - there is a 32" one for about ?500. Having shopped around a while back, I found Bravias to be the best of the bunch. IMO of course.

Archived