The golden age returnith (non HMFC)

SoldierPalmer

SoldierPalmer

With two awesome displays from Holland ? beating the world cup winners 3-0 and the other finalists 4-1 ? and the quality of their goals - total football is back. :)

Thought I?d travelled back in time to the 70?s.

With only minutes left and being 3-1 up against France they were still going forward to get more goals ? an example (spirit, energy, organisation, skill and pace) on how the game should be played.

Hope they can keep it (till the end of the competition anyway).

Pity there aren?t a few Van?s in line for the HMFC manager?s job. :P

:Hearts Man spotrun::Hearts Man spotrun::Hearts Man spotrun:

Agreed. Great to see some proper quality from Holland, Portugal and Spain and seeing the negative sides having a mare. I'm sick of no risk football! Maybe things are about to change what with Manure beating Chelsea in the CL and now flair football leading the way at the Euros?

Chad Sexington

They were magnificent. Again.

99.9% of teams would have taken the ball into the corner flag to waste time last night.

What do the Dutch do?

Power forward to score the best goal of the tournament so far.

Fantastic.

Ray Winstone

Obviously being too young to have seen the Dutch at their best in the previous 'total football' era it is properly exciting to see this Dutch team play the way they are.

However it seems that this time they have a much more rounded team with a lot of big names in there but there is not that elite bunch that there used to be - Gullit, Van Basten, Cruyff!

Does this perhaps make it an even greater achievement should they win the European Championships, esspecially in the manner with which they have dispatched Italy and France.

colinmaroon

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them - and I believe it's their 'togetherness' - the spirit (a la Croatia) that is contributing to their performances.

What will be interesting will be to see how they handle going behind - if they ever do!!!

A Spain v Holland game would be great!

Croatia also in the mix for a great game!

Archived