U20's v St Mirren

Homme

Currently in the second half and we are up 0-1. Stats tell the story that we are under the cosh but it's the goals that count.

Anyone watching or know who scored?

Still half an hour to play.

Jambo 4 Ever

I have to say The coverage of the under 20s on our website / social media is very poor, especially for a club of our size

I have to say The coverage of the under 20s on our website / social media is very poor, especially for a club of our size

I'd agree with this. How hard is it to get someone along tweeting.

And we probably had playing a couple of the young lads who signed last week

It would be an opportunity to showcase the players, give fans some background info too.

Real missed opportunity

They used to give it more of a spotlight on Twitter. An area they need to improve on again.

I know FF attends and Jambo in Glasgow used to.

Could any of you start tweeting from the games you attend?

Footballfirst

I've stopped going to as many away games since we stopped playing our strongest team at the age group. It's not great watching the laddies up against it game after game,  The kids are doing their best but do struggle to compete against teams that use several overage players.

The Academy games are better spectacles as the kids are more evenly matched.

I also only follow people on twitter, for information, rather than tweet myself.  The development side are representing the club, so it should be the club's responsibility to promote their games more effectively.    

I've stopped going to as many away games since we stopped playing our strongest team at the age group. It's not great watching the laddies up against it game after game,  The kids are doing their best but do struggle to compete against teams that use several overage players.

The Academy games are better spectacles as the kids are more evenly matched.

I also only follow people on twitter, for information, rather than tweet myself.  The development side are representing the club, so it should be the club's responsibility to promote their games more effectively.    

That's actually sad to hear. You were always the main guy from Kickback. Didn't you used to film some games and do some of the website reports?

Footballfirst

That's actually sad to hear. You were always the main guy from Kickback. Didn't you used to film some games and do some of the website reports?

I used to maintain the HYDC website, took photos and did match reports for the U19s/U20s, and took photos at the Academy games.

There were a number of reasons I stopped doing it, but there is no need to share them here.

scott herbertson

I used to maintain the HYDC website, took photos and did match reports for the U19s/U20s, and took photos at the Academy games.

There were a number of reasons I stopped doing it, but there is no need to share them here.

Fair enough FF - thanks for all that you did as it was very enlightening and you came across as very fair and sensible.

Hopefully someone else or the club itself will see the virtue in promoting this to the wider fan base

jamboinglasgow

Rarely get to a game these days due to work and personal life sadly ever since they became midweek games.

I do agree that the club could do a lot more in regards to covering games. Also HYDC has not been the same since FF stopped running their website. It used to be a very good resource for keeping up to date of information about the youth set-up. Even last season though the majority of it was not updated they did do a great series of interviews with key staff at the academy which gave a good run down of what happens at the academy at section and overall (so for example they say at the foundation level, they get 7 and 8 year olds in assess them and the ones that are not taken on they have full notes on strengths and weaknesses and the scouts will keep an eye on those players as they may develop later.) But this season there has been nothing like that and only updates are really of the HYDC draw. Now I do wish that either the HYDC takes that side more seriously, or the club takes over creating a great resource about the academy. 

I would counter this by saying the HYDC twitter is very good and worth a follow.

Team was

Gallacher Brandon Jones K.Smith (Irving 23) Reid Morrison Petkov Paton Moore Leonard Roy

Subs (not used) Mason Akers Baxter

Archived