Settle a Euro's based argument...

tommythejambo

tommythejambo

...Whilst watching Romania vs Italy today. I wondered what would happen in the following situation.

If a group of all four teams in the furst round drew all of their games 0-0. Who would go through?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Not 100% sure, but i suppose the FIFA rankings would have to play a part in proceedings if all 4 teams were on 3 points with no goals.

Im sure i heard that in that event they would go to penalties to see who went through. Cant see how they would work it though...

Only a Game

If two or more teams are dead equal with each other, as in this scenario, it goes to the co-efficients from the games they all played in the last World Cup AND the qualifying sections from this tournament. (Points won in those tournaments divided by games played)

If that is still equal, unlikely but possible I suppose, it goes to fair play in the Euro 2008 tournament ( bookings sending offs etc)

If that still doesnt split them they go out the back for a square go.

No they dont..........they draw lots.

Captain America

It would only go to pens if 2 teams were on same points, goals etc , i asked this after my doing a predictor at work cause i had group A finishing Swiss, Portugal and Czech all on same points and goals, a guy who recently trained to be referee said it would go down to like the countrys co-effiecient then if still no decision a toss of coin, which i thought was harsh. He is a celtic fan tho so there is chance he may be wrong.

It would only go to pens if 2 teams were on same points, goals etc , i asked this after my doing a predictor at work cause i had group A finishing Swiss, Portugal and Czech all on same points and goals, a guy who recently trained to be referee said it would go down to like the countrys co-effiecient then if still no decision a toss of coin, which i thought was harsh. He is a celtic fan tho so there is chance he may be wrong.

A Celtic fan who's a referee, can't wait till he does os at darkheid!!!

Archived