Antiques Roadshow 50 years time.

@VladMagic

Don't know about you lot but I love a bit of antiques roadshow. I often think about stuff that I own and what it will be worth in years to come? Perhaps even keep it aside in the "original" box just in case its worth a bob or 2 down the line?

Am I alone in this train of thought? I would love it if my grandson/daughter had something really valuable that I myself bought and looked after.

Most things nowadays if kept mint and packaged could be worth something in years to come.

Seems accumulation is growing in our consumer society, my collecting interest is well known, items in the 1930's that sold for $3.50 now are worth around ?400-?500 in pristine condition. Same type of items that sold then for $8.75 then  are only, in pristine condition worth around ?120-?150.

Reason being lesser value items were not looked after, and now have a rarity value the more expensive ones previously do not have. It's all a matter of storage and having a knowledge of where your descendants future market might be.

Archived