UK top 40 singles

Tommy Brown

Tommy Brown

What the **** are that all about these days?

This week Ed Sheerin 9 of the top 10 and 17 of the top 20.

Shocking eh? he's incredibly average as well. Decent performer live but his music really does seem really generic and simple.

The charts are a joke.

Downloads, plays of streaming services, etc count.  It is an utter irrelevance now that physical singles aren't sold.

Singles charts should be on physical sales only or a download associated to a physical single.  Every track on an album are "released" as singles for downloads now, which is utterly pointless and devalues the music industry.  I know some clowns say that they don't want to buy albums, but they can get compilations instead.

Was listening to the charts from 1986 this afternoon on absolute 80s

Back then it was all about hearing a song on top of the pops entering the charts at say number 30 then going out and buying it and trying to get it to number one

All the songs they played today were all great songs, even the ones that weren't in the top 20

Who the feck is Ed Sheering? Last time I looked Frankie Goes to Hollywood was No1!

This Shearing knob?

We hear this tube on the radio here.

When did singing become talking?

Go and feckin do one ya freak.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I like that castle song but not really a fan of Sheerin. I don't listen to the top 40 now I prefer Kingdom FM on a Sunday.

People are listening to his album numerous times on Spotify (god knows why). Each time they do, each song counts as a sale.

A total joke.

The charts are totally irrelevant now.

Better call Saul

People are listening to his album numerous times on Spotify (god knows why). Each time they do, each song counts as a sale.

A total joke.

How I miss listening to the charts on a Sunday with the likes of Bruno brooks etc and being all chuffed that I recorded a large part of the song without the DJ cutting in before it was finished

A total joke.

It's 150 streams to count as one sale.

That fat tube Sam Smith is another of these ball hairs.

Despise him. Ellie Goulding can **** off as well.

Nookie Bear

Despise him. Ellie Goulding can **** off as well.

Oh aye. You cam have the body of an angel but you're still a boot, luv.

Салатные палочки

Dull as dishwasher that Sheeran.  Got to admire how well he has done for being so average.  He must laugh himself to sleep at night the ginger twat.  

I'm probably as guilty as the rest that I don't buy albums these days.  I have a large CD collection that is now boxed up and at my parents house as I don't have the space.  I probably haven't bought a new release album since about 2006.  But then my tastes have changed a lot since then and a lot of what I listen to I can only really find online.  

It's 150 streams to count as one sale.

The point is still valid though that if someone buys a CD, Vinyl, or Download, the number of times they play it doesn't increase the sales count like Streaming does.  It should be 100k streams to count as some form of equivalence to a single sale.  The point is that those that bought the physical record paid for it so the weighting is completely wrong.

All roads lead to Gorgie

You hear better buskers walking down the street than Sheerin. How do these nobodies get so popular !

Charts mean feck all in this day and age.

That was proven in 2009 when Rage Against The Machine got to the xmas #1 spot with an expletive-ridden song released in 1991, not re-issued but downloaded half a million times by anti X-factor protestors.

:verysmug:

Ed Sheeran is ****ing mince.

There's one of his songs the now which is quite catchy, but only because it's not depressing.

There's one of his songs the now which is quite catchy, but only because it's not depressing.

Cue an Adele thread!

My partner works with a guy who went to school with Ed Sheeran - he was in a band that wouldn't let Ed join because he was weird.

Ed then went solo and now he's a multi-millionaire :lol:

Used to listen to the countdown  to no.1 on Radio One, Sunday Nights with my friends

We we would try and guess the Top 10 even with new entries like Slade who went straight in at No.1 more than once, good fun for Kids

Even when BBC with  there late 70's and 80's show on a lot I'm sure .many  on here would  instantly recognise the top 20  and some more from 30/40   when showing the Charts

I'm old now and out of touch but even when the Radios on at work  I dont  really recognize any of todays magic, at all bar the exception

Commercial Radio no doubt adds to the likes of ES success  as they play there  same shite day in and out

I couldn't name one of his songs. Unless they play it on Planet Rock I don't hear it. Uriah Heep on You Tube today tho. Very 21st century

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived