Well done Levein and Cathro

Pants Shaton

So did CL hand the correct notes to IC today or forget to hand any over? :lol:

He sent the orders telepathically to Jon Daly. Big Jon has an implant in his head and those earphones he was wearing link his brain to Levein's laptop.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said to a few folk before the game, good to go to Tynecastle and it's not a "must win" game.

We all said at Christmas this season was a dead rubber, if Celtic or Aberdeen win the Scottish Cup, we may sneak into Europe, that's the best I'm hoping for.

IC and AMcP have entered into a very steep learning curve, unlike anything I think they expected. I believe both are up to the challenge and CL will see it as his experiment/training come to fruition, everybody is a winner.

Son Of Anarchy

He sent the orders telepathically to Jon Daly. Big Jon has an implant in his head and those earphones he was wearing link his brain to Levein's laptop.

Start jkb's first "Daly oot" thread then mate as I totally believe that :lol:

Start jkb's first "Daly oot" thread then mate as I totally believe that :lol:

Probably wouldn't be the first! :lol:

Some Hearts fans are mental,truly and utterly mental,we've been absoloute pish for a whole season,ripped up our team time and again,signed some total shite and been pumped by the hobbits twice in the cup yet we beat the worst team in the league and they want to congratulate the management!!!unbelievable Jeff.

Honestly, some of you aren't happy unless we are all fighting. Can't everyone just sit back and enjoy the victory and performance today.

Cupar Jambo

Why would Levein be praised? Cathro is the one that works with the first team.

Your right why would Levein be praised but by the same token why should he be castigated when we lose

Son Of Anarchy

Some Hearts fans are mental,truly and utterly mental,we've been absoloute pish for a whole season,ripped up our team time and again,signed some total shite and been pumped by the hobbits twice in the cup yet we beat the worst team in the league and they want to congratulate the management!!!unbelievable Jeff.

You'd rather we lost?

Very encouraging performance - let's see if we can take that forward against much tougher opposition in the next few games.

Lincon Premier

Clowns calling me a Hobbo for saying the exact same thing. You must be one too eh?

Levein out win or lose as he is over all responsible for 100% of the shit we have signed and dumped.Yet they still want him to take over the team. 

I will say only this win had nothing to do with Levein, the same way a defeat doesn't either

Big win a d excellent performance for Cathro today

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Son Of Anarchy

Clowns calling me a Hobbo for saying the exact same thing. You must be one too eh?

Levein out win or lose as he is over all responsible for 100% of the shit we have signed and dumped.Yet they still want him to take over the team.

You're being called a dick for littering the matchday thread. There's a difference.

Jesus Christ.

You'd rather we lost?

No, YM goes a bit far sometimes but I agree, let's no get carried away.. that lot got horsed by a shite rangers team last week.. great to see better attitude and perf today.. hopefully a start...but sterner tests ahead.. that will tell us more about how big a pair our team has grown

Lincon Premier

No, YM goes a bit far sometimes but I agree, let's no get carried away.. that lot got horsed by a shite rangers team last week.. great to see better attitude and perf today.. hopefully a start...but sterner tests ahead.. that will tell us more about how big a pair our team has grown

Correct.

Son Of Anarchy

I agree, and yes he does ;)

Unfortunately this is where things are at just now, each game is like a cup final in terms of the fall out afterwards.

Son Of Anarchy

Unfortunately this is where things are at just now, each game is like a cup final in terms of the fall out afterwards.

When was the last cup final we all fell out over?

Italian Lambretta

One Swallow doesn't make a summer. Let's see what happens when we face St Johnstone in a few weeks before we get all over excited.

We won a game we should have won today. Let's move on to the next one.

This forums goes to extremes sometimes.

Victor Meldrew

Elias Henry Furst

2 attempts v Hibs and that effort would have been appreciated.

Alas, it didn't happen.

But aye, well done on winning a dead rubber

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A good day but next week is not guaranteed to be a good one. We are inconsistent, so not going to get carried away.

A good performance with lots of the right things.

Win - Cathro and Levein are great

Lose - Levein's an arrogant control freak and Cathro's a laptop lapdog weirdo.

JKB rules.

Is that you arguing with yourself again.

2 attempts v Hibs and that effort would have been appreciated.

Alas, it didn't happen.

But aye, well done on winning a dead rubber

A dead rubber that keeps us in 4th and in touch with a European spot. Aye, ok!

Very encouraging performance - let's see if we can take that forward against much tougher opposition in the next few games.

This.

Really are a bunch of negative souls.

Yes, today was a game we should have won.

But it was clear to anyone watching that we changed our style of play quite dramatically, with positive results.

We moved the ball quicker, didn't turn backwards looking for a pass, had movement off the ball, had 2 wide men and 3 positive central midfielders, we took shots on goal, there was passion and high workrate, and most of all we were bloody good to watch.

Or maybe I watched a different game.

Elias Henry Furst

A dead rubber that keeps us in 4th and in touch with a European spot. Aye, ok!

Aye, ok.

Lets go mental for a European exit in June!

It's what dreams are made of.

We had one chance this year. Just like last year we shat it.

Twice.

But yeah, 4th place. Wooooooohoooooooo

Aye, ok.

Twice.

Funny way to follow a team. Give up after you're out the cups. But, each to their own. Not been following Hearts long have you (if at all).

Elias Henry Furst

Funny way to follow a team. Give up after you're out the cups. But, each to their own. Not been following Hearts long have you (if at all).

Ah, I'm not a supporter. It's been a while.

Id hazard a guess I'd done more miles on runway than you have on buses m8.

It's easily proven?

Pm me. Or keep swinging and missing.

Your choice.

Really are a bunch of negative souls.

Yes, today was a game we should have won.

But it was clear to anyone watching that we changed our style of play quite dramatically, with positive results.

We moved the ball quicker, didn't turn backwards looking for a pass, had movement off the ball, had 2 wide men and 3 positive central midfielders, we took shots on goal, there was passion and high workrate, and most of all we were bloody good to watch.

Or maybe I watched a different game.

Post of the thread.

Today was excellent.

Those talking about "dead rubber" obviously don't understand Scottish football. Going by that mentality only for a brief spell in 2006, 1998 and 1986 have our games in the top half of the league been anything but a "dead rubber". Make me wonder why some people bother going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm seriously more concerned about our performance level against Aberdeen and Celtic than I am about the results. If we are energetic, competitive and skilful I will happily settle for that.

If we are insipid as we were against Hibs and RC, I will be back in depression mode.

Really hoping the players abd coaches have the bit between their teeth.

The levein lovers are having a good ol wankfest tonight. Yet these same muppets are quick to tell us Levein has nothing to do with the team, but they are quick to give him plaudits for a win against the worst team in the league. Or maybe the thread is just another troll like most the stuff on here these days.

Anyone thinking all is ok and rosy in the garden again after one bloody win against utter dross needs to get their heads out their arses. Even Neilson had the odd good result. It happens teams pull off the odd good result when they are playing badly, let's see if this is the start of us finally kicking on before we start messing in our comfort sock.

Son Of Anarchy

The levein lovers are having a good ol wankfest tonight. Yet these same muppets are quick to tell us Levein has nothing to do with the team, but they are quick to give him plaudits for a win against the worst team in the league. Or maybe the thread is just another troll like most the stuff on here these days.

Anyone thinking all is ok and rosy in the garden again after one bloody win against utter dross needs to get their heads out their arses. Even Neilson had the odd good result. It happens teams pull off the odd good result when they are playing badly, let's see if this is the start of us finally kicking on before we start messing in our comfort sock.

Well this Levein lover doesn't blame him for our losses nor credit him for victories. Mainly because he's not to blame/credit. Too many changes to quick are to blame. Players showing heart and doing what Cathro wants is to credit.

MacDonald Jardine

Aye, ok.

Twice.

Exactly.

Europe is not a great experience these days and by last year's efforts the club is doing it's best to make it worse.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Unknown user

If you can't be happy after a 4-0 tanking, you need to have a word

Geoff Kilpatrick

If you can't be happy after a 4-0 tanking, you need to have a word

I think the post was aimed at the shan point scoring attempts on the thread. Such is the way Kickback is these days that the result on the pitch is used for a peeing contest for "Team X" where in this thread X = Levein Lovers.

Ah, I'm not a supporter. It's been a while.

Id hazard a guess I'd done more miles on runway than you have on buses m8.

It's easily proven?

Pm me. Or keep swinging and missing.

Your choice.

So to return to the point. Do you give up every season if we're put out the cup? Because that must save you loads of money following a team like hearts that is usually going for europe as our best finish to the season.

i wish jj was my dad

My post at the end of page 1 addresses your point about whether Levein should be praised for yesterday.

FWIW, I'm firmly in the camp that thinks we are lucky to have him but the things to judge him on are year on year improvements in first team performances and results and a flourishing youth set up which is bringing through 2 or 3 first team players every year. All of these take time and we've got a long way to go before we achieve them.

I think the post was aimed at the shan point scoring attempts on the thread. Such is the way Kickback is these days that the result on the pitch is used for a peeing contest for "Team X" where in this thread X = Levein Lovers.

Correct

Bungalow Bill

Why would Levein be praised? Cathro is the one that works with the first team.

Your right why would Levein be praised but by the same token why should he be castigated when we lose

I completely agree. The reaction by some towards Levein at Firhill was shameful.

Anyway well done to Cathro, Macphee and the players yesterday. For the first time in a while I enjoyed my Saturday at the football.

This.

Unknown user

The point stands, so much negativity after a bloody 4-0 win, incredible.

Archived