THOMAS CERNY .

the big show

the big show

Very impressive for Partick Thistle today would anybody think we could take him ? not sure how long he is singed for but he was good .

No a bad keeper.Never comes for crosses tho. Makes regular mistakes. Don't think he's the biggest. I think we would look for better than him.

Watching that game and was thinking this myself. Would take him in a heartbeat over Hamilton any day.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

3fingersreid

Not for me , decent but not that much of an improvement on Hamilton , Alan Mannus would be my first choice if we're looking at keepers

why sign a 30+ year old (will be 32 in April) on a probably 3 year contract. what about the 5 year plan and plan to bring through players from the academy

Seymour M Hersh

Are we going to have multiple threads about how we should be looking at bang average player having a half decent game?

Not for me , decent but not that much of an improvement on Hamilton , Alan Mannus would be my first choice if we're looking at keepers

The 34 year old, 2nd choice St Johnstone goalie??

rudi must stay

Think he was in a relegation battle for Hamilton and playing for the Czech Republic a few years ago. If he's out of contract I would sign him, he can make big saves

Not for me

Is made of chocolate

Only trains a few days a week due to a mystery random injury that flares up every so often

Had to come off twice earlier this season due to it

Scott Bain would do me

Won't sign a new deal, wants to leave but has a year left so Dundee want money for him, Celtic (for whatever reason) and Mk dons sniffing around (Robbie long been a fan) but would improve our back line if the price was one we could afford I'd like to see him sign on

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Scott Bain Dundee good keeper and heard He is a Jambo

Got him in FM, worth ?2.6M is a Scotland regular and has a excellent attitude. Based on that I want bain.

Holyrood_Hearts

I must have missed him being at Hibs a couple years ago. Anyway, he's decent enough but would be far happier with Scott Bain coming in to compete with Jack for no 1.

If we really do want to progress as a club then Cerny shouldn't even be looked at.

Decent enough but not Hearts class.

We have to do all we can to sign Scott Bain. Type of player we should be going for

3fingersreid

The 34 year old, 2nd choice St Johnstone goalie??

Whilst there may well be better , I don't disagree, I'm basing it on cost , that said I'm not aware until now of his injury issues ,

I wouldn't say 34 is too old for a keeper tho

Alwayssunnyingorgie

WE SHOULD SIGN EVERY PLAYER WHO PLAYS WELL WHENEVER SOMEONE ON HERE WATCHES THEM!!

I like that idea

WE SHOULD SIGN EVERY PLAYER WHO PLAYS WELL WHENEVER SOMEONE ON HERE WATCHES THEM!!

cheers. Saved me a few keystrokes...

Are we forgetting we have a keeper sitting on the bench week in week out that we haven't really seen much of since jack is first choice and should have been dropped long ago so he can prove if he's worth a punt or not then we can look at Smitty keeper.

Got him in FM, worth ?2.6M is a Scotland regular and has a excellent attitude. Based on that I want bain.

Is that you Ian? :lol:

airdriejambo3

Just while we are on Goalkeepers, Has anybody seen Noring play? I am still interested to see what kind of keeper he is.

Dallas Green

If we were to sign a goalkeeper I'd be going for the Dundee boy. He seems pretty decent.

I don't know whether he's a Hearts fan or not , but this is the standard of player we should be looking at.

Just while we are on Goalkeepers, Has anybody seen Noring play? I am still interested to see what kind of keeper he is.

A mate of mine has seen him play a couple of times. He said he is not very good.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bombscare. Jack Hamilton will get better. A big improvement on Jack or stick with him

A_A wehatethehibs

Only keeper in the spfl I would consider over Hamilton is bain at Dundee but it would cost us "what's the point" type money.

We have to invest long term in our young players even those who are 'not good enough' in their first season, rather than spunk money replacing them with average journeymen like Thomas cerny.

I must be missing the hype over Bain because from games I've watched on tv he's probably been responsible for letting in more soft goals than I've seen Hamilton lose. He's average as feck.

letsalldothebeattie

Not for me. Solid enough keeper though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of all Current SPFL Goalkeepers, how would you rate them in order?

Gordon - Celtic

Lewis - Aberdeen

Foderingham - Rangers

Hamilton - Hearts

Clark - St Johnstone

Cerny - Partick Th

Bain - Dundee

Woodman - Kilmarnock

Fox- Ross County

Samson - Motherwell

Woods - Hamilton

Fon Williams - Inverness

Gordon - Celtic

Lewis - Aberdeen

Foderingham - Rangers

Hamilton - Hearts

Clark - St Johnstone

Cerny - Partick Th

Bain - Dundee

Woodman - Kilmarnock

Fox- Ross County

Samson - Motherwell

Woods - Hamilton

Fon Williams - Inverness

Gordon

Lewis

Bain

Foderingham

Cerny

Hamilton

Fon Williams

Clark

Fox

Woods

Samson

Not seen enough of woodman but would have macdonald quite high up the list.

Gordon

Lewis

Bain

Foderingham

Cerny

Hamilton

Fon Williams

Clark

Fox

Woods

Samson

Not seen enough of woodman but would have macdonald quite high up the list.

I wanted to put Jamie Mac in, but not currently getting the game time

rudi must stay

Gordon - Celtic

Lewis - Aberdeen

Foderingham - Rangers

Hamilton - Hearts

Clark - St Johnstone

Cerny - Partick Th

Bain - Dundee

Woodman - Kilmarnock

Fox- Ross County

Samson - Motherwell

Woods - Hamilton

Fon Williams - Inverness

Gordon

Lewis

Foderingham

Fox

Those are the top 4 IMO. Really like Fox as a keeper, makes suprising stops and always looks ready in his goal

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They mostly all make mistakes, you notice Jack because you watch him every week. Gordon and Lewis, unattainable, look down south. Villa just landed Manchester United 3rd keeper. Probably better than anything in Scotland, lower the sights from the likes of Manchester United and you will find something very suitable

IveSeenTheLight

Gordon - Celtic

Lewis - Aberdeen

Ok, I have red tinted spec, but I rate Lewis higher than Gordon.

Gordon gets away with a lot because he plays for the tics.

There have been a number of instances he should have been sent off but wasn't.

I think he would show up his flaws a lot more if tested by being at another club.

I understand Aberdeen are in negotiations to extend with Lewis. I have mu doubts if they will be successful but if they were, I would rate the best bit of business down by Aberdeen this year, even above extending Hayes

I think he would show up his flaws a lot more if tested by being at another club.

I understand Aberdeen are in negotiations to extend with Lewis. I have mu doubts if they will be successful but if they were, I would rate the best bit of business down by Aberdeen this year, even above extending Hayes

Agree with this.

Also never seen Lewis assault as many players as Gordon has :lol:

Is Alexander sitting on your bench every week?

IveSeenTheLight

Is Alexander sitting on your bench every week?

Yes.

Not playing in the development league either for game time.

Very capable back-up keeper but there has been some discussions if he would stay a second year else Danny rogers comes back into the fray.

A lot may depend if Lewis extends or not.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lewis is dependable but not in Gordons league.

Fulham play Leeds this week. About a year and a half ago, I seen both Dembele and Lewis. Neither were that impressive, Lewis looking very awkward and Dembele easily pushed aside.

Scotland has a habit of making a decent player look brilliant.

Craig Gordon however has done it all. Best to check his Champions League form

Archived