Phil Neville

WheatfieldJambo

WheatfieldJambo

Just saw an interview with him on Sky Sports. He was talking about foreign owners coming in and de-stabeliseing clubs. Aston Villa (Randy Lerner) and Manu Utd (The Glazers) have been successes he says. But he lists Liverpool as somewhere where the owner puts himself before the club.

We are surely a prime example, obviously, which makes me wonder why he doesnt mention us... do English players/fans/managers really have any clue whats going on up here ?

Ray Winstone
Just saw an interview with him on Sky Sports. He was talking about foreign owners coming in and de-stabeliseing clubs. Aston Villa (Randy Lerner) and Manu Utd (The Glazers) have been successes he says. But he lists Liverpool as somewhere where the owner puts himself before the club.

We are surely a prime example, obviously, which makes me wonder why he doesnt mention us... do English players/fans/managers really have any clue whats going on up here ?

In a word: No.

Wouldn't agree. I'm down south a lot and when people ask me what team I support, their usual reaction is to have a little snigger and then say something like "that Russian boy's a bit of a nutter isn't he?"

Ray Winstone
Wouldn't agree. I'm down south a lot and when people ask me what team I support, their usual reaction is to have a little snigger and then say something like "that Russian boy's a bit of a nutter isn't he?"

The question was do they have a clue? No they dont.

Do they have a general overview from things they skim over in the sunday papers? - yes.

I dont think the majority of people down south do have a clue nor do they particularly care what happens north of the border.

I think you under-estimate it. Most of the ones I spoke to were fascinated/puzzled/amused when I told them that VR helped to pick the team. Will probably be giving them food for thought with their own owners now depedning on who they support.

They all knew of Burley and the results he had got in his brief stint - we were newsworthy then!!!

I think you under-estimate it. Most of the ones I spoke to were fascinated/puzzled/amused when I told them that VR helped to pick the team. Will probably be giving them food for thought with their own owners now depedning on who they support.

They all knew of Burley and the results he had got in his brief stint - we were newsworthy then!!!

Agreed! I remember when GB made it onto Soccer Saturday for a live interview with Jeff Stelling and the Panel!! Surely unprecedented for a non-OF scottish club?

Erm,sorry Tucks but yes,they do know what is happening up here.

My mate went down to Old Trafford last season with his old man,they were sitting in one of the Bud bars in the stadium,got talking to a couple of MUFC fans,they asked what team they supported,he told them he was a Hearts fan and his old man was a hibby.

The guy's they were talking to had a very good knowoledge of Scottish football and said that they couldn't believe the state Hearts were in and that basically Vlad was a fud after what we achieved under GB.

They said that when GB was incharge everyone was speaking about Hearts,watching us on tv and the likes and were very impressed buy the way we played football.

But as I say they were very confused as to why Vlad had made a complete arse of it.

WheatfieldJambo
Erm,sorry Tucks but yes,they do know what is happening up here.

My mate went down to Old Trafford last season with his old man,they were sitting in one of the Bud bars in the stadium,got talking to a couple of MUFC fans,they asked what team they supported,he told them he was a Hearts fan and his old man was a hibby.

The guy's they were talking to had a very good knowoledge of Scottish football and said that they couldn't believe the state Hearts were in and that basically Vlad was a fud after what we achieved under GB.

They said that when GB was incharge everyone was speaking about Hearts,watching us on tv and the likes and were very impressed buy the way we played football.

But as I say they were very confused as to why Vlad had made a complete arse of it.

dont -- please. It brings back too many good memories.:mad:

Ray Winstone

Maybe its just the ones I have met then.

Mind you most of them have been soap dodging students like myself - its them drugs rotting their brains.

About the time Avram Grant got the sack there was a debate on foreigm ownership going on on Radio 5 with some journos like Henry Winter of the Daily Telegraph but no mention of Hearts or Romanov.

Now apart from the fact that Chelsea have won a stack of trophies there are numerous paralells between the 2 clubs (owner buying players, picking players, surrounding himself with a clique etc). Yet, the English media talk about the Chelsea situation like it's a totally new phenomenon. So to answer the question i don't really think they give a stuff about what's going on up here.

About the time Avram Grant got the sack there was a debate on foreigm ownership going on on Radio 5 with some journos like Henry Winter of the Daily Telegraph but no mention of Hearts or Romanov.

Now apart from the fact that Chelsea have won a stack of trophies there are numerous paralells between the 2 clubs (owner buying players, picking players, surrounding himself with a clique etc). Yet, the English media talk about the Chelsea situation like it's a totally new phenomenon. So to answer the question i don't really think they give a stuff about what's going on up here.

Andy Townsend and Porky Parry were talking about the Jambos and VR on Talksport about 6 months ago. This was when the Chelsea interference rumours were starting to really grow.

Rabbie_Burns

Currently living and working in the Manchester area and would say that most football minded people hereabouts are certainly aware of our plight at Tynie under the current regime

Maybe Romanov shouldn't have fired into the press with all this monkey nonsense. Press always win in the end. They can withhold stories, make up stories. They have long memories. Didn't matter what anyone really thought about the press. It was just stupid to tell the world what he thought.

Thought his attitude would come back and not unfortunately bite Romanov on the bum but Hearts itself.

Fly with the crows get shot with the crows as they say.

Archived