Butcher & Ziggy - No Comments?

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

Am I the only person who finds it odd that nobody in the media has gotten any comments from Terry Butcher and/or Zygmantovich concerning them allegedly being linked with the Hearts job?

They've tracked down several other people across the continent for their opinion & comments...including Thor & Weiss & also their clubs....so why not Butcher & Ziggy?

Ryan Gosling

Zygmantovich is in the mail saying he hasn't been contacted about Hearts, nor is he aware of any interest in him for the job.

Zygmantovich is in the mail saying he hasn't been contacted about Hearts, nor is he aware of any interest in him for the job.

Good!! :)

marshallschunkychicken

Sounds good to me.

Makes me think that his inclusion in the media's reporting of the 'shortlist' is on a 'just in case, include whoever is in charge of Kaunas' basis.

Orkneyjambo

I am sure he was only included by the Media to wind us up and try to belittle the people on the shortlist as well as the Club. They do this sort of thing to us every day after all so why not on this issue

Cut The Crap
Am I the only person who finds it odd that nobody in the media has gotten any comments from Terry Butcher and/or Zygmantovich concerning them allegedly being linked with the Hearts job?

They've tracked down several other people across the continent for their opinion & comments...including Thor & Weiss & also their clubs....so why not Butcher & Ziggy?

You're right, it's inconceivable that no journalist has spoken to him. Presumably TB has made it clear he will say nothing on the record. We can draw our own conclusions from that.

Ray Winstone

He is ex-Kaunas so thats a connection with Vlad - good enough for the press to link him with us, even if Hearts have no intention of approaching him for the job.

Its the way the press seem to be working at the moment.

Dirk Diggler

What can Butcher say?

Thor has said 'It's a fact Butcher would join me'.

Other than Butcher denying it and declaring it as nonsense, which he obviously hasn't.

Thor has done all the talking for him.

I'm sure I heard that Butcher was at the Euro Championship

Which, given all of the media representation at that event, is why it makes no reported comments from Butcher even more unusual.

More on this today.

In the Sun, there is an interview with a coach that has worked with both Thor and Butcher. He has coached with them on a few occasions and still seems friendly with them.

He refers to both of them being interested in the job as if he had discussed it with them.

The fact that Butcher has still not commented speaks volumes IMO.

I said on a thread last night that I think there may be more to the Thor/Butcher combo than meets the eye.

A poster who I'm certain used to work for Hearts until he retired a couple of years ago said that he had been told that the initial leak to the Sun and the DR had come from the SFA after Hearts had been in contact about Butcher.

If this is true then we are further down the line than people think.

From what another poster told me - it seems that Thors agent leaked the story.

Seems to me he is not getting the gig and was never getting it.

Captain America

Fact Butcher hasn't denied it does speak volumes in my eyes, but you think media would have pressed him for comment, i haven't even seen a no comment in any of the papers or the Tv.

Here a question tho, do you think Vlad will allow Butcher to be assistant at Hearts and Burley's assistant for Scotland?

Dirk Diggler

And another thing, The media all stated last week that Thordarson and Butcher had the job.

They're not likely to print any quotes (from Butcher) which may contradict their back pages of only last week, are they?

Benny Factor
I'm sure I heard that Butcher was at the Euro Championship

Butcher's been in Bermuda for the last few days at least.

Drylaw Hearts
Weiss and Butcher?

:confused:

Maybe we should just put all their car keys in a big bowl.

Sorry just realised it's far too early on a Saturday for that.

Captain Lithuania
I am sure he was only included by the Media to wind us up and try to belittle the people on the shortlist as well as the Club. They do this sort of thing to us every day after all so why not on this issue

Totally agree with that, if they've managed in Kaunas the Edinburgh Evening Hibee will link them with us, same with the Daily Ranger.

Butcher's been in Bermuda for the last few days at least.

And you know this how may I ask?

No dig intended mate

Benny Factor
And you know this how may I ask?

No dig intended mate

He was at John Boyle's wedding there yesterday. In the papers this morning, matey.

Gigolo-Aunt
Maybe we should just put all their car keys in a big bowl.

Sorry just realised it's far too early on a Saturday for that.

Hehehehehehe

He was at John Boyle's wedding there yesterday. In the papers this morning, matey.

Cheers Bud

Archived