What Is Going On

merseyjambo

I didn't want to post last night as I was extremely embarrassed and peed off with what I'd seen and heard and want sure how to title the post so I thought I'd have a look at it in the cold light of day. I'm still embarrassed and peed off and am actually failing to see where as a club we are going.

Off the field, there is so much of a 'feel good' factor with the new stand under development meaning staying at Tynecastle which is something the fans have wanted all along. There is better communication than ever before from the club.

On the field, I've never felt like this since 1980 when we were tamely relegated only scoring 20 something goals that season. When we played with no heart or fight. When players who were playing seemed disinterested.

I know that's a leap and people will say we've had worse teams than the one we have now and that is very true but it's something I've seen get worse over the last 3 years. That is we seem to have a lack of heart and fight for a battle, in too many big games we've meekly surrendered. That's something I never associated with us in the past but it's something that is real and unfolding before our eyes.

Someone has started a topic, Are We Turning Into Hibs. Truth is in a derby game I don't think they're far from the truth. In fact, it's something you could probably level at any big game we play, we have lost our stomach for a fight. In the 80s and 90s when we went on runs of 17 & 22 games against them. Did we always have the better side. No. Did we have them beat before we went on the park. Yes we did. We had them beat because we played Hearts football. Aggressive, in your face, football. We mixed it up with them and made sure they could not play their game. The manager had the team up for it and the fans saw that. We played with pride and passion, commitment and desire, a winning mentality. That is something in the last 3 years in big games we've lacked. We've beaten Hibs once and a poor Rangers side.

Looking at both cup ties, are we surprised by what happened last night. For me the answer is no. Lennon made it clear, it doesn't matter how you play as long as you win. That's a philosophy we had for years. It's only in the last 3 years we've tried to play total football or whatever you want to call it. They gave us no time and got in our faces in the first game and did the same last night. No lessons were learned from the first game. If big Bjorn isn't fit by put him on bench. One up front didn't work in first game yet he tried it again. If Cathro thought the game plan from them was going to be different last night, he was deluded. It could and should have been a bigger ass kicking than it was.

But we can't really say last night was a one off. These gutless performances have been common over the last couple of years. We do not have the stomach for a fight when the game gets physical. We are far to easily bullied and pushed off the ball. We lack leadership, not just on the park but in my opinion in football terms off it as well.

This is Scottish football. It's why we've not played in a tournament since 1998 and why our world and UEFA ranking is so poor. Scottish football in general is still based on kick and rush. It's based on physical strength not technical ability. It's not going to change any time soon. It's my issue with CL. It was clear from his time in charge at Scotland that he wanted to play a different style of football. The problem with that is that every other team has to be prepared to do the same. When they're not, there's nothing that you can do on your own. Guys like Tzolis and Martin need time on the ball. Not something they're going to get in Scotland. Aberdeen are effective at using their wingers as an outball but they still have guys like Considine who are not great players but will battle and scrap and lead the team in ways like guys like Neil Berry, Stewart MacLaren, Walter Kidd and others did for us in the past. I'm not suggesting we go and bring in someone like Jim Goodwin but we need so one vocal on the park like a Pressley or Scott Brown. Someone who leads by example and galvanises the team.

The transfer policy. Can someone clarify exactly what it is. Who sanctioned Martin for 3.5 years. The same with Sammon and Oshinawa. I can understand the 6 month deals for some of the players as January is a difficult time to bring players in. We don't have money to buy players so we need to look at free agents or loan deals. The problem is do we trust Cathro with a transfer budget in the summer. Do we think he can bring in the right type of players and leaders needed. This season is a write off so why not keep blooding players like Currie. Let's see if they've got what it takes for the long term.

At the moment this team is not a Hearts team I can associate with. I've grown up with the good times and bad but I struggle to recall a team that has no fight, passion or desire, something unfortunately I am witnessing with this shambles just now.

letsalllaughathobos

Craig levein is tearing the souls out our club, ann sees him as some Messiah so he is safe,

Craig levien and John effing Murray signs the players cathro is a coach has to work with what he has,

We were no great shakes against Raith either 4 games against second division teams this year and we have won only one and that was after extra time. The players changed between the Raith and the vermin games the performances less so.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

I didn't want to post last night as I was extremely embarrassed and peed off with what I'd seen and heard and want sure how to title the post so I thought I'd have a look at it in the cold light of day. I'm still embarrassed and peed off and am actually failing to see where as a club we are going.

Off the field, there is so much of a 'feel good' factor with the new stand under development meaning staying at Tynecastle which is something the fans have wanted all along. There is better communication than ever before from the club.

On the field, I've never felt like this since 1980 when we were tamely relegated only scoring 20 something goals that season. When we played with no heart or fight. When players who were playing seemed disinterested.

I know that's a leap and people will say we've had worse teams than the one we have now and that is very true but it's something I've seen get worse over the last 3 years. That is we seem to have a lack of heart and fight for a battle, in too many big games we've meekly surrendered. That's something I never associated with us in the past but it's something that is real and unfolding before our eyes.

Someone has started a topic, Are We Turning Into Hibs. Truth is in a derby game I don't think they're far from the truth. In fact, it's something you could probably level at any big game we play, we have lost our stomach for a fight. In the 80s and 90s when we went on runs of 17 & 22 games against them. Did we always have the better side. No. Did we have them beat before we went on the park. Yes we did. We had them beat because we played Hearts football. Aggressive, in your face, football. We mixed it up with them and made sure they could not play their game. The manager had the team up for it and the fans saw that. We played with pride and passion, commitment and desire, a winning mentality. That is something in the last 3 years in big games we've lacked. We've beaten Hibs once and a poor Rangers side.

Looking at both cup ties, are we surprised by what happened last night. For me the answer is no. Lennon made it clear, it doesn't matter how you play as long as you win. That's a philosophy we had for years. It's only in the last 3 years we've tried to play total football or whatever you want to call it. They gave us no time and got in our faces in the first game and did the same last night. No lessons were learned from the first game. If big Bjorn isn't fit by put him on bench. One up front didn't work in first game yet he tried it again. If Cathro thought the game plan from them was going to be different last night, he was deluded. It could and should have been a bigger ass kicking than it was.

But we can't really say last night was a one off. These gutless performances have been common over the last couple of years. We do not have the stomach for a fight when the game gets physical. We are far to easily bullied and pushed off the ball. We lack leadership, not just on the park but in my opinion in football terms off it as well.

This is Scottish football. It's why we've not played in a tournament since 1998 and why our world and UEFA ranking is so poor. Scottish football in general is still based on kick and rush. It's based on physical strength not technical ability. It's not going to change any time soon. It's my issue with CL. It was clear from his time in charge at Scotland that he wanted to play a different style of football. The problem with that is that every other team has to be prepared to do the same. When they're not, there's nothing that you can do on your own. Guys like Tzolis and Martin need time on the ball. Not something they're going to get in Scotland. Aberdeen are effective at using their wingers as an outball but they still have guys like Considine who are not great players but will battle and scrap and lead the team in ways like guys like Neil Berry, Stewart MacLaren, Walter Kidd and others did for us in the past. I'm not suggesting we go and bring in someone like Jim Goodwin but we need so one vocal on the park like a Pressley or Scott Brown. Someone who leads by example and galvanises the team.

The transfer policy. Can someone clarify exactly what it is. Who sanctioned Martin for 3.5 years. The same with Sammon and Oshinawa. I can understand the 6 month deals for some of the players as January is a difficult time to bring players in. We don't have money to buy players so we need to look at free agents or loan deals. The problem is do we trust Cathro with a transfer budget in the summer. Do we think he can bring in the right type of players and leaders needed. This season is a write off so why not keep blooding players like Currie. Let's see if they've got what it takes for the long term.

At the moment this team is not a Hearts team I can associate with. I've grown up with the good times and bad but I struggle to recall a team that has no fight, passion or desire, something unfortunately I am witnessing with this shambles just now.

Well said .

I stated on here when IC was appointed that it appeared to be a Craig Levein 'vanity' project. I also said that I

didn't want our club to be a 'college' for young, inexperienced managers who come in, learn and then move on

as we are then never in a position where we benefit from having a very experienced manager! Despite this, I was willing to give  this

philosophy my support and to be honest, I like IC and I like what he says and I like his vision BUT (and it's a very big BUT)

all I have seen on the pitch (other than a few games) is a team that is no different to what we have been watching post

Championship. I now think it is time to change this philosophy and if Craig Levein doesn't like it he can go and take his

'vanity' project' with him. 

Craig levein is tearing the souls out our club, ann sees him as some Messiah so he is safe,

Craig levien and John effing Murray signs the players cathro is a coach has to work with what he has,

Agree with this. Usually I'd expect to see people slaughtered on here for this but... Leven IS the problem.

John Murray has been in his job for to long. We are trying to do some Dutch method of the way we bring threw players. But is flawed these days. Because it ain't working for the Dutch!

We need a British core of players. With a sprinkle of good foreign players. We are missing a solid spine.

Unfortunately I agree with this. Im a season ticket holder but I will miss more games than I go to between now and end of season. Club wont miss out financially and I wont be wasting money and time travelling to watch soulless and gutless performances with players who demonstrably dont care. The club have taken the fans for granted - when will they realise that when the players stop caring, the fans tend to too.

We've got a huge problem in attack, no one who can cut in behind the defence and no one who can drive through the middle. Evident from Kitchen and Tziolis in that first half passing it about the ****ing half way line for the vast majority of out time on the ball doing **** all with it. 

I hope Cathro can fix it in the summer but not getting my hopes up, I think John Murray is the problem also not sure how many of our half decent players he's actually found since Budge came in. 

I agree with a lot of that but especially the bit in bold. You can only rise above the general pattern of play if the players you bring in are obviously superior to what they're facing. We managed to do that during the good parts of the Romanov experiment.

Right now, the recruitment strategy is rotten. Most of the players we're bringing in are technical, but not technical enough to pass around the opposition when it's frenetic, and we have nobody capable of winning the battle first. There's no balance. Too many luxury players who aren't even that good. And half of them will be replaced in a year's time when another gem nobody's heard of becomes available.

Hopeful Hibs Hater

This. I'm sitting scratching my head wondering what happened to the young side that breezed through the Championship. Have not felt as bad about us since we went into admin. It's as though we're back in Mad Vlad's era with foreign imports with only a couple really working out better than we'd hoped (Sow, Djoum etc.) Very disappointing and I, like you, am struggling to see this so called 'potential' that the club has.

Second to every 50-50 ball in the first game at Tynecastle and second to every second ball again at Easter road.

I don't care how good our coaches/managers think they are that is just so wrong, and one of the basics to get sorted out.

Players look like they have came here for a holiday and I am pretty disgusted with the attitude at the club just now.

At least Lennon grew a pair of jack straws and ripped into the low life trash at Easter road.

I've said for long enough that fans can handle an odd disappointing result as long as they feel the team is playing in the right manner, they feel there's definitely progress.

But you can go back to Neilsons time and many fans felt the same then that there was a soft underbelly in the team.

It's the attitude from the top in the management to the bottom ,regards the football side, that seems to be the problem.

This is the part which really sticks in my throat as well.

I am at a total loss, I'm totally dumbfounded as to try and explain the lack of fight, passion and desire being shown by supposed Professional Footballers especially in a local derby match, there are few if any players in that team right now that can look themselves in the mirror and be proud with what they see looking back at them.

But lets be honest this isn't the first time we've been here is it?  Last season against Hibs was the same.

Different manager, different players but still the same shit, still the same lack of desire, passion and fight, which makes me think that the problems lay elsewhere, further up the food chain, perhaps.

This is exactly the problem. Levein is above accountability and feels he can do as he

wants. He placed himself in a position of complete and utter authority where usually

at a club the football department/manager/dof/coach is accountable to the board but

the board (AB) were "industry na?ve" and fell hook, line & sinker for CL's crazy pitch

(but I seriously think CL is so deluded he actually belives his own line). AB needs to

show strength via humility and state she got it wrong publicly to stop the rot and

change route forward. Suggest 2 ex-players who have business backgrounds and

perhaps board  experience are required as a matter of urgency on hearts board with

authority over the football department. Craig Levein should depart with immediate

effect. An experienced Manager brought in to "Manage" coaches & team. In football

dept. all that is required is to replace Craig Levein. PLEASE REPLACE LEVEIN ASAP!!! 

Placid Casual

Did you folk associate with this team when we beat Rangers 4-1 and Motherwell 3-0 just the other week there?

Obviously not happy with last night but the comments on here... Christ...

In my opinion, we are on the right track. We do, however, have to make sure 'that' never, ever happens again.

Archived