our new manager

talloaks

I would like to think that our search for a new manager began with the question what is the clubs objective in the short term? I am sure that the majority would agree that a 3rd place finish is a minimum plus possibly winning a cup. The next question would be how is this achievable. the answer as far as I am concerned is to not appoint someone like Weiss. When Paul Le Guen arrived at Rangers he came with a very good track record and he also spoke good english but he failed because he did not understand the club nor the requirements of the SPL. David Murray realised that at at that juncture what the club needed was a safe pair of hands who could steady the ship someone who new the club and the SPL. Consequently Walter Smith was approached for the job. This blueprint should be used by Hearts. To assist our new manager we need a young ambitious coach who can easily relate to the players (lie McCoist). We then need, like Rangers have done, to bring in good British players. I would suggest the following list:

Russel Anderson(Sunderland)

Ross Wallace (Sunderland)

Kevin Mcnaughton(Cardiff)

Alan Gow (Rangers)

Killin (Celtic)

Alan Maybury(Leicester)

Commander Harris

hate to be a pedant but Killen is from New Zealand and Maybury is Irish.

Sexton Hardcastle

Mayburys goign to the dons

Anderson - Plymouth

and im sure Gow has kb'd us on a number of occasions. I doubt killin would take a pay cut as he went to celtic fora pay day.

i cant see us brining in many new faces at all.

Anderson - Plymouth

and im sure Gow has kb'd us on a number of occasions. I doubt killin would take a pay cut as he went to celtic fora pay day.

and Mcnaughton/Wallace have had prem/championship interest so you can rule both of them out.

As for Paul le Guen, he didn't stand a chance from the start, then was screwed over by his own captain and chairman. I (and a number of huns I've spoken to) still think it's possible they might live to regret that decision.

Let's f****** hope so anyway!

As for Paul le Guen, he didn't stand a chance from the start, then was screwed over by his own captain and chairman. I (and a number of huns I've spoken to) still think it's possible they might live to regret that decision.

Let's f****** hope so anyway!

am I right in thinking he got ParisSG relegated last season aswell? or at least finished very low in the table.

Guest Scottish Cup Semi 2006

Anderson - Plymouth

I'm not too bothered about new faces coming in - its imperative we keep Berra/Kingston/Driver/Glen/Wallace, so whoever comes in must make this his priority !

am I right in thinking he got ParisSG relegated last season aswell? or at least finished very low in the table.

I think they escaped right at the death

Rudolf's Mate

Remember reading somewhere that he had a nightmare with the dressing room and the unity of the squad. The article was resolving him of all blame for their league record. Tried finding it again but not sure where I seen it. He did win the cup for them albeit against a part time team in the final (I think?) and will be in Europe next season.

Guest JamboRobbo
I would like to think that our search for a new manager began with the question what is the clubs objective in the short term? I am sure that the majority would agree that a 3rd place finish is a minimum plus possibly winning a cup. The next question would be how is this achievable. the answer as far as I am concerned is to not appoint someone like Weiss. When Paul Le Guen arrived at Rangers he came with a very good track record and he also spoke good english but he failed because he did not understand the club nor the requirements of the SPL. David Murray realised that at at that juncture what the club needed was a safe pair of hands who could steady the ship someone who new the club and the SPL. Consequently Walter Smith was approached for the job. This blueprint should be used by Hearts. To assist our new manager we need a young ambitious coach who can easily relate to the players (lie McCoist).

Couldn't agree more. We need someone to re-assess the squad, get rid of all the pish, make a few commen sense signings, and get us back on track. Therefore, we need someone who knows what is required at SPL level.

Couldn't agree more. We need someone to re-assess the squad, get rid of all the pish, make a few commen sense signings, and get us back on track. Therefore, we need someone who knows what is required at SPL level.

spot on and it's that simple yet romanov can't see it. a manager doesn't need a clueless owner trying to influence the team/players. i believe romanov couldn't select a good manager because he doesn't know what it takes to be a success in scottish football. all i hope for is that the fool gets lucky and picks the right guy. if he doesn't then all we can look forward to is another 2 years of mismanagement and shambolic displays from the hearts.

fingers and toes crossed.:)

PresidentRomanov
if he doesn't then all we can look forward to is another 2 years of mismanagement and shambolic displays from the hearts.

fingers and toes crossed.:)

Well some of us can - you won't be there :)

Archived