Downloading Advice

neave

Morning folks, after a wee bit advice. I downloaded Real Player yesterday (the free, legal version) and I've now found that I can download songs from bands' Myspace pages that they haven't authorised for download. I get a wee box coming up saying "Download this clip now" and it downloads the full song, which is then available for transfer to my Zen.

I don't really believe in illegal downloading, especially with lesser-known bands or ones that are young and just starting out, so I wouldn't like to think I'm doing them out of any sort of income etc.

I'm not too sure I'm doing anything wrong; as I said it's a legitimate version of Real Player, and I wouldn't think they'd really put their name in jeopardy by allowing illegal downloads to take place to explicitly.

What do you all make of this?

I think you can agree, either no-one knows right now.

Or they do know, and they wanna see you go to jail.

Professor.Arturo
Morning folks, after a wee bit advice. I downloaded Real Player yesterday (the free, legal version) and I've now found that I can download songs from bands' Myspace pages that they haven't authorised for download. I get a wee box coming up saying "Download this clip now" and it downloads the full song, which is then available for transfer to my Zen.

I don't really believe in illegal downloading, especially with lesser-known bands or ones that are young and just starting out, so I wouldn't like to think I'm doing them out of any sort of income etc.

I'm not too sure I'm doing anything wrong; as I said it's a legitimate version of Real Player, and I wouldn't think they'd really put their name in jeopardy by allowing illegal downloads to take place to explicitly.

What do you all make of this?

This is a new feature in the latest version of Real Player, and a great add-on I say!! it also lets you download videos from YouTube. They download as Flash video files, to convert them to any other format you need a program called FLV Convertor, you can get it free on the PirateBay, but if you dont like illegal downloads try getting the trial version from http://www.download.com, then upgrade it, might cost you $20 or there abouts.

If you want to give the bands cash, you can still go out and buy their stuff.

I'm sure the bands would prefer that you listen to music free, than not listen at all.

If you want to give the bands cash, you can still go out and buy their stuff.

I'm sure the bands would prefer that you listen to music free, than not listen at all.

Aye, true enough Toggie, mate. It's not as if I'm downloading their albums or anything I suppose.

Aye, true enough Toggie, mate. It's not as if I'm downloading their albums or anything I suppose.

Presumably if they are any good, you'll tell folk about it and hence they will actually see an increase in sales.

...I can justify anything.

Presumably if they are any good, you'll tell folk about it and hence they will actually see an increase in sales.

...I can justify anything.

A perfect politician in the making.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Get it downloaded, then if good download their album, if they are good enough they will tour, then you get stung with the ticket price.

I refuse to pay for music that i may or may not like, if i like what a band does, they will get my money, until i know i like them, god bless torrents.

Archived