Pick your team and tactics for Easter Rd.

Elias Henry Furst

Bazzas right boot

Why would you man mark their worst ball playing midfielder? He doesn't create anything he breaks up play.

Watch the replay of the goal last year.

We've made him look like pirlo.

I would ask goncalves or Johnson to drop on him when not in possession, man marking with kitchen I'd a bit much.

He strolled about Tynecastle like he owned the place, he is shite but we need to do something, not to do something different would be a bit daft.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tactics: Win the physical fight first and foremost.

In a thread full of so many differing opinions - I think this is probably the one thing I'd imagine we are all 100% agreed on.

Bit of fire in their bellies and go out there and bully them first and foremost. We will need to actually break them down a bit before we earn the right to think about playing any decent football.

The Old Tolbooth

Why would you man mark their worst ball playing midfielder? He doesn't create anything he breaks up play.

We need someone to give him something to think about, rather than giving him the freedom of the pitch like he's used to, he must love playing against us so far, even though he's mince.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siegementality

Not much Martin love on here guys. Do people already not rate this guy?

From what I have seen he is not half the player he thinks he is.

fabienleclerq

We need someone to give him something to think about, rather than giving him the freedom of the pitch like he's used to, he must love playing against us so far, even though he's mince.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your giving him too much credit, he offers zero on the ball and he's there to stop us playing.

I think our problem is we don't have a player now Paterson is out that will go and burst someone when rehired and they've got a couple.

The Old Tolbooth

I think your giving him too much credit, he offers zero on the ball and he's there to stop us playing.

I think our problem is we don't have a player now Paterson is out that will go and burst someone when rehired and they've got a couple.

I think if we just stop giving him so much time on the ball and close him/them down as quickly as they closed us down in the first game (pretty much what we done against Rangers), then we should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

From what I have seen he is not half the player he thinks he is.

How good does he think he is? Once we know that then we can all judge if he is half as good, and then give him stick if we don't agree with how good he thinks he is, and Ultimately, if he is half as good as he thinks he is.

How good does he think he is? Once we know that then we can all judge if he is half as good, and then give him stick if we don't agree with how good he thinks he is, and Ultimately, if he is half as good as he thinks he is.

Yup: if he's half the player he thinks he is, then he'll be twice the player many on here think he is. I think. Or something. Either way, boo-boys gonna boo

Bazzas right boot

Yup: if he's half the player he thinks he is, then he'll be twice the player many on here think he is. I think. Or something. Either way, boo-boys gonna boo

Yip, I'm confused now.

Even if he is not half as good as he thinks he is, he won't be half as bad as some say.

Depends on if you a glass half empty/ half full type of chap as well, ooft. Hopefully the stat / scouting companies have a better system.

Hamilton

Hughes. Avlontis

Novak

Struna Sowah

Djoum Tziolis kitchen

Walker

Isma

Win the battle and stop hibs full backs. Centre halfs should take care of fatty holt and Cummings and help with balls into the box

RenfrewHearts

Martin gets it tight because there was a youtube video of him banging in all sorts of goals, he's a decent player who isn't fully up to speed. He'll be fine though.

Lincon Premier

Don't get that so many are going with ONE up front. Get an early goal ( or better still two ) and they will collapse.

Is Johnsen out for this then or is it people guessing? Hopefully not as I'd want him in from the start

He said on Twitter that he'd tweaked his hamstring.

Hamstring injuries are usually a minimum of 2-3 weeks even if it's a very minor tear, for the simple reason that they get worse if they are not fully healed and you try and play.

So unless it was just cramp, or he was wrong about his injury in some other way, it will be a surprise if he plays any part in the game.

He said he was OK to play, which is why I have included him in my ideal 11, but the more I think about it, he less confident I am.

I don't have any inside info. I've just never seen a player play 4 days after a hamstring tweak.

personally i like the 4.4.2 formations that are above, some people are thinking about it far too much with weird formations the team hasn't played, ironically the same as Cathro done in first game (IMHO).  Just keep it simple, stop overthinking it like this is some upper class team were about to play.

Hamilton

Struna

Hughes

Avolontis

Sowah

Tzoilis

Kitchen

Walker

Djoum

Goncalves

Johnson

This team for me. We have to play two up top. Their centre halves are good in the air but not the most mobile. Give them two forwards to worry about and they won't like it. Plus Djoum breaking from midfield will give them a problem. Kitchen has to go toe to toe with Bartley take him out the game and give Djoum the room to play.

Walker can switch wings throughout the game so they find it more difficult to constantly double up on him.

Movement and pace is what we need and no shortage of controlled aggression. Hibs think they've won the physical battle so the likes of kitchen need to assert themselves early.

fabienleclerq

I think if we just stop giving him so much time on the ball and close him/them down as quickly as they closed us down in the first game (pretty much what we done against Rangers), then we should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that was the plan but because Rangers kept trying to play it out it worked, Hibs on the other hand went long instead.

Hamilton

Struna Tasos Hughes Sowah

Kitchen Tziolis

Nicholson Djoum Walker

Goncalves

Nicholson and Walker to push their full backs right back, but think Cathro will play Cowie instead of Nicholson.

Think Currie and Chauley are good options from the bench. Have a wee feeling Currie could score coming off bench with Johnsen unlikely to make it.

I think that was the plan but because Rangers kept trying to play it out it worked, Hibs on the other hand went long instead.

This is exactly what happened so we must be prepared to battle for second balls this time round unlike at Tynie. Thought we got bullied, which should never happen.

He said on Twitter that he'd tweaked his hamstring.

Hamstring injuries are usually a minimum of 2-3 weeks even if it's a very minor tear, for the simple reason that they get worse if they are not fully healed and you try and play.

So unless it was just cramp, or he was wrong about his injury in some other way, it will be a surprise if he plays any part in the game.

He said he was OK to play, which is why I have included him in my ideal 11, but the more I think about it, he less confident I am.

I don't have any inside info. I've just never seen a player play 4 days after a hamstring tweak.

Cheers for that. Hopefully he's OK. I'm still undecided on the best team.Well mostly the midfield.

Wanted BJ to start though.

maroonlegions

Had a dream last night that Tziolis  scored a header from a corner. In fact in the dream when the corner was about to be taken he handed his cigar to Kitchen , scored then  got his cigar back from Kitchen. lol;  

Hamilton

Normal back 4

Tziolis Kitchen

Johnson Djoum Walker

Goncalves

Have Novak, Cowie and Nicholson on the bench. I'd also have Choulay on the bench but only bring him on if we were really struggling..

I honestly don't see what Choulay brings to the team.. He cost us 2 goals against Celtic by not having the awareness to cover his man Tierney.. His assist at Motherwell you would expect almost every professional player to make, he was in acres of space and it was a simple through ball.. He's fast but has no heart for a battle, not what you need in a derby. Finally he doesn't seem to have any skill to beat a player and in fact loses the ball often giving the opposition the chance to break away and create chances.. The only role he can play is to use his pace if we are really up against it and needing goals then looking for him over the top of the full back.. Hopefully we won't be in that position..

Hamilton (Against my better judgement but for continuity in the back 5)

Struna

Hughes

Avlonitis

Sowah

Tziolis

Choulay

Cowie

Djoum

Walker

Isma

In a 4-1-3-1-1 formation. Give Jamie a Free role just behind isma to go and influence the game. Width provided bubble Djoum and Choulay with Cowie in the engine room and Tziolis in front of the back 4. Get walker Playing between the lines and get him on the ball and he's the difference.

PhoenixHearts

Hamilton

Struna  Avlonitis  Hughes  Sowah

Tziolis

Cowie      Djoum      Walker

Johnsen  

Goncalves

I know ill get slated for this but wednesday would off suited a conor sammon not for his quality but for his persistance work rate and to play the psysical game with bartley and there 2 centrebacks allowing djoum walker and isma more room instead of being fouled and bullied

Sammon?

:what:

:illogical:

:jjno:

Consider yourself slated, my friend.

:fth:

fraz the postie

Hamilton

Struna. Hughes. Novak. Sowha.

Djoum. Kitchin. Cowie. Walker.

Goncalves Johnson .

Attack,attack ,attack,early crosses,long balls,shots from distance,

Constant pressing,fast flowing,slick passing football .

That's cause I'm a postie and not a coach ( of great amounts).

Fire n ice !

fabienleclerq

This is exactly what happened so we must be prepared to battle for second balls this time round unlike at Tynie. Thought we got bullied, which should never happen.

Ive a feeling we might go three at the back to combat it.

If it's true that Cowie's not trained all week then the team pretty much polls itself imo.

Hamilton

Struna Hughes Avlonitis Sowah

Kitchen Tziolis

Djoum

Johnsen Isma Walker

Kitchen and Johnsen were obvious misses last Sunday and should be starting. Djoum should definitely be back in. I like Nowak because he seems much more comfortable on the ball than Avlonitis but I wouldn't go changing a settled back 5. Hibs' only out ball on the first game was the penguin on the half way line. Cut that off and they have nothing. Johnsen, Isma, Djoum and Walker will all run at their defence but pose them different problems in the way they play - Nicholson and Walker were too similar last week. I think if Kitchen had played last week Hibs wild rarely have got out of their half. We should have noting to fear. Let's shut their day trippers up and watch the green seats emerge.

If Johnsen is out then I'd go 4-2-3-1

Usual defence

Kitchen and Tziolis the 2

Cowie Djoum Walker the 3

Goncalves.

Agree. If Cowie's out as well I think I'd start Walker and Choulay either side of Isma.

Hamilton

Struna Tasos Hughes Sowah

Kitchen Tziolis

Nicholson Djoum Walker

Goncalves

Nicholson and Walker to push their full backs right back, but think Cathro will play Cowie instead of Nicholson.

Think Currie and Chauley are good options from the bench. Have a wee feeling Currie could score coming off bench with Johnsen unlikely to make it.

Put Martin in instead of Sam and you have your team.

Hamilton

Struna

Sowah

Avlonitis

Hughes

Nowak

Tziolis

Cowie

Walker

Djoum

Goncalves

4-5-1

Fast pace is needed and we need to be ready for a fight in midfield. Protect the keeper and take our chances.

Put Martin in instead of Sam and you have your team.

Aye, that's how I see it. Usual back five. Kitchen and Tziolis in the engine room. Then Walker, Djoum, and Martin. With Goncalves up front. I like that team.

Hope the boys have been practicing their penalties. I think there will be one during the game. I can also see it being decided by pens. Full time 1-1 Hearts to win 5-3 on pens.

Lets just not be 2nd to every 50-50 ball again. The wee team were more up for it in the first game, get it sorted Hearts.

Dont think this is a game for Martin either.

Kitchen has to start tonight.   We were soft in midfield in first game and we need his battling qualities particularly early doors.  Undecided about the line up but I don't want Nicholson to start.  I would rather he came on 2nd half when he can make a big impact.  I have a feeling this game will be won from the bench.

Tziolis needs to leave the cigar in it's box tonight and control this without playing the stroller role IMO.

I think Cowie will be a big miss (people forget he was the main reason we pumped The SevCo)

Kitchen needs to get the finger out and actually press the shit out of the midfield and force mistakes.

Strikers need to play closer to the midfield so its not left to a 30 yard pass every time - work forward as a unit.

got a feeling choulay   will start 

wouldnt be surprised if he went with something like this

hamilton

struna hughes tasos sowah

tziolis 

walker kitch djoum choulay 

isma

got a feeling choulay will start

wouldnt be surprised if he went with something like this

hamilton

struna hughes tasos sowah

tziolis

walker kitch djoum choulay

isma

Choulay won't start imo

Howdy Doody Jambo

Kitchen has to start tonight. We were soft in midfield in first game and we need his battling qualities particularly early doors. Undecided about the line up but I don't want Nicholson to start. I would rather he came on 2nd half when he can make a big impact. I have a feeling this game will be won from the bench.

If Kitchen sits deep and doesn't play higher pressing it will invite trouble, he needs to play like he did against, Rangers

Archived