Thor campaigning for the job.

bighusref

GUDJON THORDARSON last night warned Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov to beware the ghost of Doctor Jo Venglos.

The Icelandic coach' date=' who hopes to form a managerial dream team with Terry Butcher, knows Romanov favours Eastern Europeans.

Artmedia Bratislava boss VladimirWeiss is due to meet the Tynecastle owner on Monday while former Kaunas manager Andrei Zygmantovic is also in the frame.

But Thordarson, who boasts spells in charge at Stoke, Notts County and Barnsley on his CV, insists Eastern Europeans can't handle British football.

He said: "I haven't put any deadline on my interest in the Hearts job. But I tick all the boxes the club have set out.

"I have seven years in British football behind me and I have international experience with Iceland.

"Hearts have had Eastern Europeans in charge in the past but I remember Venglos' time at Aston Villa.

"He found the number of games teams play and the intensity level too much.

"There is also a different approach to both training and playing in England so it is not easy to adapt."

Venglos also spent a season at Celtic which ended without a trophy and the Slovak was replaced by John Barnes.

Romanov insists he wants a British influence restored to Tynecastle and Thordarson believes his time down south, allied with Butcher's status as a former England and Rangers captain, make them ideal.

Thordarson added: "I don't have a clue what happens next because my agent is the one who speaks to Mr Romanov.

"But I am waiting to hear back from Hearts.

"Things have been said about my character by people I competed with in Iceland, including the fact that I walked out on Keflavik, so I need to set the record straight.

"I act professionally and I would do the same with Mr Romanov at all times.

"I left Keflavik because they didn't pay me and I regarded that as breach of contract."

Thordarson's lawyer Arnar Thor Stefansson of Icelandic firm Lex Law said: "The assertions made by Keflavik representatives were both false and misleading.

"Being forced to terminate his contract with Keflavik was a big disappointment to our client. He had high aspirations for the club.

"But as the club had neither the financial nor professional capacity to perform its duties in accordance with the agreement our client had no other choice than to terminate the agreement."

Meanwhile, the Keflavik director who was critical of the former Iceland boss yesterday in Record Sport performed a surprise u-turn last night.

Gunnlaugur Karason hit out at Arkanes boss Thordarson's conduct during a 3-1 defeat to his old club.

But Karason is now insisting there are few better candidates for the Tynecastle vacancy. He said: "I regret the picture I drew. Gudjon is a great manager and a great professional.

"Any club in the world with Thordarson in charge would be in good hands."[/quote']

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/2008/06/13/beware-the-men-from-the-east-vlad-86908-20605517/

Charlie-Brown

Reminds me of what Scala did unsuccessfully, Icelandic poster StrikersInstinct reckons GT aint likely to be getting the job & I agree with him seeing as Thor doesn't even have any scheduled meetings with Hearts or Romanov.

Guest JamboRobbo

Sounds like he really wants the job.

Don't think this will appeal to Vlad much though

"I left Keflavik because they didn't pay me and I regarded that as breach of contract."

Sounds like he really wants the job.

Don't think this will appeal to Vlad much though

The guy certainly isnt one for being ****ed around.

Buffalo Bill

I would settle for this guy, if only to avoid getting the Kaunas dude.

Buffalo Bill

Lets hope vlad doesn't read the daily record, if he does then there is no chance of thor getting the gig.

could this be the daily record trying to sabotage any deal???????????:eek:

So Thor is campaigning for the job. That means the next manager for certain will be .......... Malofeev

200milesfromgorgie
Reminds me of what Scala did unsuccessfully, Icelandic poster StrikersInstinct reckons GT aint likely to be getting the job & I agree with him seeing as Thor doesn't even have any scheduled meetings with Hearts or Romanov.[/QUOTE]

How do people know stuff like this? I'm not having a dig but people on this board seem to think they know the business activities of most people in football. Do everyones PA post on here? Are you staying late at the office to bang Thor?;)

Just coz its in or isnt in the record dosent mean it is or isnt happeniong. i thought that would be perfectly clear by now.

I think he would last 10 mins.

Huge mistake IMO if he gets it.

Completely agree.

Cut The Crap

Probably. It might be fun to watch though.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long and you have burned so very, very brightly Gudjon."

So really what your saying is we need a yes man.

So really what your saying is we need a yes man.

I don't think that is what he is saying at all. It certainly is not what I am saying when I agree with him.

There is a very, very big difference between someone being a yes man and someone that is so flammable that he is likely to resign and walk out with a megaphone shouting that the "chairman is a ......" to the gathered public.

If you cannot see that there is a whole depth of difference inbetween that then I would suggest you have been taken in by the posts that state that Thor is a great lad with many kids to many mothers and that he likes to spout his mind.

I don't think that is what he is saying at all. It certainly is not what I am saying when I agree with him.

There is a very, very big difference between someone being a yes man and someone that is so flammable that he is likely to resign and walk out with a megaphone shouting that the "chairman is a ......" to the gathered public.

If you cannot see that there is a whole depth of difference inbetween that then I would suggest you have been taken in by the posts that state that Thor is a great lad with many kids to many mothers and that he likes to spout his mind.

I just think Vlad i liable to fall out with anyone that he is not 100% for no matter who he is or what his temperament is and how is having 9 different kids affect his management.For the record i don't think Vlad himself is 100% on this guy i said the other day that Weiss looks by far the favourite for the job.

As for the yes man i don't mean it's what any of us want more the only way Vlad will let it be.

I just think Vlad i liable to fall out with anyone that he is not 100% for no matter who he is or what his temperament is and how is having 9 different kids affect his management.For the record i don't think Vlad himself is 100% on this guy i said the other day that Weiss looks by far the favourite for the job.

As for the yes man i don't mean it's what any of us want more the only way Vlad will let it be.

I still think that Hearts are testing the water with this shortlist. I think that the lack of an outstanding candidate may lead to more names, and not necessarily better names. Having said that, I think that Thor would be a disaster.

If the ......... is a sweary word then I think most of us are guilty of that,why should he be any different in his assesment of Vlad,he is a kn0b you know(by that ,I ment Vlad).

If the ......... is a sweary word then I think most of us are guilty of that,why should he be any different in his assesment of Vlad,he is a kn0b you know(by that ,I ment Vlad).

"most of us are guilty of that"

EH?

I am not sure if you noticed this being posted, but Thor actually left his teams stadium, and shouted through a megaphone that the chairman was a [insert swear word] to all of the assembled fans. I for one have never done that, have you?

EH?

I am not sure if you noticed this being posted, but Thor actually left his teams stadium, and shouted through a megaphone that the chairman was a [insert swear word] to all of the assembled fans. I for one have never done that, have you?

Despite the fact that I think he'd be ******, it would be quite entertaining to see that happen at Tynie.

200milesfromgorgie

EH?

If quit my job and called my boss a useless F****G W****R and didnt care who heard. i did not own/have use of a megaphone. If i had i would of used it

P.S. it was also due to me not being paid. how rock n Roll am I? answer - VERY!

Didnt want to start another thread but it is about his potential assistant

Jim McLean in his column today raves about el Tel and states Hearts couldnt get better. Although he only had him a short time as a coach at Dundee United he says he puts his heart and soul into it. If there was a reserve game at night Tel would be in during the day helping the ladies that make the sandwiches according to Mclean.

If true that down to earth approach may be precisely what we need IMO

Nelly Terraces

Thor should be given the job right now, without any of thst ponce Romanov's inteview crap. He's already said enogh to convince me that he wants the job, could do the job, and could do very well in the job. He knows what he's talking about, is nobodies fool (a must in fotball management as players will try and get away wi murder), and strikes me as someone who wants to succeed.

Naturally, he has no chance, we will be landed with either of the 2 Eastern European puppets, strings included, who will, naturally, be a total disaster.

I wish he'd be quiet, I quite like him but he's starting to talk himself right out of a move to Tynecastle. I'm not sure how taken I am with his managerial capabilities but I don't want to see him out of the running when there really aren't many in the race to begin with.

But I suppose this could work one of two ways. Either Vlad thinks he's much too gobby and that's that....or maybe he'll think he's found a kindred spirit and they'll be best buds. God knows. This club is mental.

Thor should be given the job right now, without any of thst ponce Romanov's inteview crap. He's already said enogh to convince me that he wants the job, could do the job, and could do very well in the job. He knows what he's talking about, is nobodies fool (a must in fotball management as players will try and get away wi murder), and strikes me as someone who wants to succeed.

Naturally, he has no chance, we will be landed with either of the 2 Eastern European puppets, strings included, who will, naturally, be a total disaster.

Has Thor won the UEFA Cup, or "a big European League" or even come close or has he lost tons of games whislt managing at the heady heights of Notts County and ben given short shrift there and at Barnsley. He's not the calibre of manager we should be looking for. Remember our last manager is now the manager of scotland, can't see Thor getting that offer in the next few years

Rudolf's Mate

EH?

Wouldn't matter if he did it here..... What are the chances of us gathering anyone outside the stadium ;)

Archived