Warburton Logic

Stuart Lyon

Yes. He's saying that an adverse result is not down to failings of the players or him and that it's down to the laws of probability and/or the fickle hand of fate. They didn't win but might have. It's not his fault though. He then went on to explain that every spin of the roulette wheel could be a winning spin if you're lucky enough to choose the right numbers.

Rudolf's Mate

:wow: There's so much wrong with that however I loved this part:

"I learned a lot from our previous owner at Brentford. He?s a mathematician and we learned a lot from him in terms of how he looks at games."

And they mocked Cathro for using a laptop [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Football is over complicated tbh.

All the game comes down to is who can put the ball in the back of the net more and keep the ball out of their own goal.. All this shite about randomness, probability, statistics matter not if you can't do the above.

Mark! Got acid u mate?

So in answer to OP's initial question, yes...or at least explain it.  Well that or 'drone.

Random effects may be fine but the more often you repeat the process with same outcome the you can be increasingly certain p<.05 the result is down to being crap.

Sevco want him out. They need to do it without taking a big financial hit. So they start a Co ordinated campaign through their friendly journalists at the red tops. Warburton will very soon find out that friends in the media will be pretty thin on the ground up here.

Voice of reason

If Cathro had done that interview it would be openly mocked by all the media. Strange how the Rangers manager is treated differently despite having a similar background to cathro in terms of never having played senior level football. it's funny how Craigan and Boyd aren't mocking him.

What does Boyd have to say about this trumpet?

He won't criticise a Rangers manager until his Level 5 pay masters instruct him to do so.  Level 5 will even write the article for Boyd.

He should chat to Ally McCoist.

He at least recognised that that the more he practiced the luckier he got.

Perhaps Warburton should counteract the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune with skillful well trained players.

Son Of Anarchy

:wow: There's so much wrong with that however I loved this part:

"I learned a lot from our previous owner at Brentford. He?s a mathematician and we learned a lot from him in terms of how he looks at games."

And they mocked Cathro for using a laptop [emoji23]

****** by a laptop,while sevco used an abacus song awaits surely?

Looking at the league table, Rangers are a clear outlier in terms of the points they have obtained relative to their goal difference (their GD is as close to Partick's as it is to Aberdeen's yet they have the same points as Aberdeen and 20 more than Partick!). That suggests that they have actually been lucky to achieve the results that they have so far.

If Cathro had done that interview it would be openly mocked by all the media. Strange how the Rangers manager is treated differently despite having a similar background to cathro in terms of never having played senior level football. it's funny how Craigan and Boyd aren't mocking him.

Totally agree. Just read another article on this in Metro. Journo wrote it with no mocking tone or criticism of Warburton. Guaranteed Cathro would get slated if he had come out with this

Rudolf's Mate

****** by a laptop,while sevco used an abacus song awaits surely?

Honest, as soon as I read that I had a mental picture of Warbs and his chairman with an abacus with Warbs mumbling 'I still don't get it'.

Bazzas right boot

I get what he is saying.

Howe ER, Really should just say we are generally playing well but not taking our chances and we need to improve on that aspect, but instead waffled like a stoner.

Rangers were never going to be close to Celtic, Thier wage spend says they should end up second, however throw in thier poor signings and thier reliance on loans and the way they generally over pay average SPL quality players, I.e miller, Wilson it was never going to be easy.

If they end up 2nd he'd have done his job, if he ends up below that he'll probably get Sacked in the summer.

Last year we were scoring goals for fun - brilliant. Cause playing 2nd teir fitba is a bit easier. What a tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott herbertson

Nothing random about these stats from Hearts Rangers

Shots Home16 Away7 Shots on Target Home7 Away3 Corners Home13 Away5

Hearts goals 4 Rangers goals 1

Also he says they were 'scoring goals for fun last year' - here is a statistic which suggests why that might not be random either;

- last year Rangers were in the Championship, this year they are in the big league

Totally agree. Just read another article on this in Metro. Journo wrote it with no mocking tone or criticism of Warburton. Guaranteed Cathro would get slated if he had come out with this

Struggling to think of a Rangers manager who has ever been mocked by the press...Celtic ones have - Barnes, Deila, Venglos - but even Ally McCoist was venerated for agreeing to take his pay later/ in equity and Kenny McDowall got sympathy for being (admittedly) out of his depth.

Struggling to think of a Rangers manager who has ever been mocked by the press...Celtic ones have - Barnes, Deila, Venglos - but even Ally McCoist was venerated for agreeing to take his pay later/ in equity and Kenny McDowall got sympathy for being (admittedly) out of his depth.

I can only think of one Rangers manager who got a hard time in the press and that was Le Guen for losing a dressing room.

Last year we were scoring goals for fun........aye in a different division where your budget was 15-20 times more than virtually anyone.

He has lost it.

And how has it gone against them they have had like fecking 5 last min goals this season

Exactly, we didn't see him calling for calm or a tempering of expectations because luck had been so with them during that run.  Silly thing to come out with now on the back of that.

Yes. He's saying that an adverse result is not down to failings of the players or him and that it's down to the laws of probability and/or the fickle hand of fate. They didn't win but might have. It's not his fault though. He then went on to explain that every spin of the roulette wheel could be a winning spin if you're lucky enough to choose the right numbers.

He would arrive at that theory based on his previous life in the City.

I think he's had enough. He's worked out that he is being set up as the fall guy for the failings of the Glib and Shameless one and is probably hoping he gets the push now. It wouldn't really matter who was in charge there just now. They have a mediocre squad and there is a chronic lack of investment, put together with the ever present rumours of financial troubles just round the corner. No wonder he is talking in riddles.

Bazzas right boot

The hordes are goosed.

They haven't accpeted that for the time being they are no where near Celtic.

This will continue unless they get a massive cash handout.

They maybe turning over more than the likes of ourselves and Aberdeen, however that matters not one jot as they have a crumbling infrustucture, massive overheads and have more emergencey loans than a single mum with 4 kids and a herion addiction. No point in turning over ?25m if you are paying out ?30m

They contiue to lose money, while at board level they have no one that actually cares, they are out to make a fast buck. No long term plan.

The fact is if they don't get European football ( that might give the club a lift), their better players will leave as they will be fed up with the unreal expectation of competing with Celtic, abuse and general ill feeling. Can't think of these players, however Miller has been their best player, he's 35 or something, McKay will leave for the above reasons and the need for the board to get a few million to keep them ticking over. Without Europe they are also unlikely to get the players they want.

The pay players like Wilson ?10k a week

Sendros, Hill, Kranjkar ( sp) are  all just getting a pension top up, add this to their loan signings and no one from top to bottom cares.

Their fans will expect to look up, where in reality , Aberdeen with their settled team and ourselves with our new manager and impending financial freedom ( relative to Scotland) will continue to target them and feel we can take them down.

Warburton has a decent team ( he's a point of 2nd), but it is no where near Celtic, costs a small fortune and has little transfer potential, he will need rebuilt again this year, all this with no funds, and the expectation that they hammer everyone and catch Celtic.

They continue to be run by crooks and are bleeding slowly out.

Warburton will be asking is it all worth it, the answer is no. The board won't sack him as long as he can end up 2nd, that would have been their target, however a shock cup exit or if we catch them, the hordes will be in complete meltdown and the board will be force to act, he'll take his ?1m or whatever it is and sail off to another job in the Championship.

Hope they get pumped out the cup and we catch them, it will be glorious viewing.

A quick look on bears den gives an indication of how far away from reality they are, the glorious cheating days are gone. Warburton is the escape goat atm.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I see that playing well with the horde. :laugh:

The thread about this on bears net is fun reading.

Archived