U20s v Dunfermline - Ochilview 7.30pm

Mikey1874

Listed on SPFL website for home game tonight.

Dunfermline should be a tougher test after last week's good win.

Maybe some first teamers tonight though they've tended to stick with the youngsters nearly every game.

Footballfirst

Of the U16s who play with the U20s, Marc Leonard and Anthony McDonald both played for the U17s yesterday so are unlikely to feature tonight. Harry Cochrane is Injured which leaves only Chris Hamilton as likely to play.

Listed on SPFL website for home game tonight.

Dunfermline should be a tougher test after last week's good win.

Maybe some first teamers tonight though they've tended to stick with the youngsters nearly every game.

thanks Mikey - may manage up to Stenny hopeful of similar performance to last week

The Pars usually plays half the first team in their u20 matches so it will be a tough test. Hopefully we have a few first teamers of our own who will get a runout.

Jambof3tornado

Few fringe players getting a run out would be nice, especially if dunfy load as many overage players in as they can.

Hearts are 13/5 and Dunfy 8/11

Are we a bit overpriced here does anyone think?

No but it's not a bad bet

Dunfermline have had some good results putting them just below the best teams eg beat Ross County 4-0 recently.

As above seem to be playing first team squad players.

But Hearts played well last week.

Whether we play first team players is uncertain. Not sure if odds change after team news.

No but it's not a bad bet

Dunfermline have had some good results putting them just below the best teams eg beat Ross County 4-0 recently.

As above seem to be playing first team squad players.

But Hearts played well last week.

Whether we play first team players is uncertain. Not sure if odds change after team news.

Cheers Mikey :)

Can't make it afteralll

Any word on team news yet?

Be nearer kick off more likely.

We rely mostly on people at game who get team sheet.

Sometimes posted on Twitter from hour before game.

Noring L.Smith Hamilton Jones Godinho Petkov Beith Henderson Irving Bikey Currie

Subs Gajda Roy Brandon K.Smith Reid Baxter Akers

RenfrewHearts

Reilly and Cardle starting for Dunfermline.

Can Reilly impress at under 20 level.. this time last year he was starting in the Hibs game.

I'd expect him to do be a good test for our young defenders.

Reilly and Cardle starting for Dunfermline.

Gill Martin Duthie Morrison Fordyce Galloway Paton Horne Smith Reilly Cardle

Subs Dunn Crawford Duncan Luke Robertson

RenfrewHearts

Can Reilly impress at under 20 level.. this time last year he was starting in the Hibs game.

I'd expect him to do be a good test for our young defenders.

Answered my own question sort of but i'd be genuinely interested in Reilly's performance tonight if anyone has went along. Really surprised he's not had a better time of it at Dunfermline.

Jambo_in_Hamilton, on 06 Feb 2017 - 7:38 PM, said:

How can Reilly play against us when on loan from us?

Must have no problems with it

Jambof3tornado

Pretty poor tbh. He's quick but hasn't shown very much.

Ssshhh instant write off from some!!

Dont remember too many senior players looking outstanding in any u20s match.

Reserve games were a different matter I think.

Answered my own question sort of but i'd be genuinely interested in Reilly's performance tonight if anyone has went along. Really surprised he's not had a better time of it at Dunfermline.

Reilly was reasonable as was Cardle

How is Bikey playing?

certainly has pace but without obviously writing him off already he will have to improve greatly to avoid a case of Onyir Bikey

Footballfirst

Hearts got off to a slow start, but gradually got a foothold in the game.  The opening goal came from a free kick near the left corner of the box.  Andy Irving took it and hit the post but Petkov was following up and rolled the ball into the net from six yards.  The goal knocked the stuffing out of the Pars for a while and Hearts had the better of the play up to half time without creating much in the way of chances.

Rory Currie and the Pars defender Stuart Morrison had a bad clash of heads just before the break that left both them bloodied.  Currie continued sporting a bandaged head, but Morrison was subbed for the second half.

Hearts were again a bit slow out the traps in the second half but the game settled down for a spell with not much happening. The turning point came on the hour mark when Hearts won a free kick in a similar area from which they scored in the first period.  Jon Daly decided to sub both Smith and Beith, but a mix up with the shirts for the subs Brandon and Baxter saw them swap shirts, but they still weren't right. In the end only Brandon came on leaving Hearts down to 10 men.  Andy Irving struck another fine free kick which again came off the post, but this time the Pars broke at pace and won a corner at the other end.  After a further couple of minutes delay, Baxter finally came onto the park.  Anyway from the corner Fordyce headed the equaliser despite Noring getting a good hand to the ball.

After that, Hearts struggled to create anything and most of the play was in the Hearts half.  Reilly had one good effort well saved by Noring in what what the closest to a winner.  Hearts were limited to a few balls lumped forward for Bikey, Currie and Henderson to chase but each of them was guilty of a poor touch or decision making. 

A draw was a fair result, but I think the substitutions turned the game in the Pars favour.

Hearts didn't get much out of the front three, their best players being Smith Jones and Beith, while Irving and Petkov showed some nice passing at times.

Rory Currie and the Pars defender Stuart Morrison had a bad clash of heads just before the break that left both them bloodied. Currie continued sporting a bandaged head, but Morrison was subbed for the second half.

Morrisons eye was completely closed, they left immediately after half time to go to the hospital. Hope both him and young Rory are ok.

Morrisons eye was completely closed, they left immediately after half time to go to the hospital. Hope both him and young Rory are ok.

Hope they are both ok, Morrison lives near me and played in the same team as my son when they were young, best player i have seen in youth football over in Fife

Hope they are both ok, Morrison lives near me and played in the same team as my son when they were young, best player i have seen in youth football over in Fife

He looked pretty shaken when I seen him leaving the ground, think his dad was with him. Thought he was having a good game.

Archived