WARBS

Beast Boy

Lennard Sowah : Erratic. Never looked comfortable against Waghorn. 5

(The Daily Record)

:rofl:

Shite - IMO

Thoughts?

Looked like a broken man in the post-mach interview - it's the beginning of the end, almost certainly.

Not shite - I think he's done a reasonable job, but one can only polish the proverbial turd so much...

ad23acabb9d580d940287758255b6577.jpg

Even Spiers knows.

Don't agree with him. All Cathro did was HIGHLIGHT how ABYSMAL "Warbs" is.

:verysmug:

Darth Sidious

I was surprised how he went on about Sevco being a development team, bring in young players and giving them the opportunity to play and make them better.  Then admitting the players were for English clubs.  How is he not being ripped for that, how if Keef and Traynor spinning that.

His record against teams in big games, is actually shambolic.

Neilson's record was better, and he was slated. He'd be crucified if he had Warby Warbs' record.

Gone by the summer.

He lost to Hibs in a Cup Final.

:facepalm:

Rudi Hates Hibees

Did I read somewhere he withdrew Hyndman as he had a duty to look after him for his parent club?!

I'm almost certain I read that somewhere last night in a match report. Can't seem to find it now though.

Rudolf's Mate

I was surprised how he went on about Sevco being a development team, bring in young players and giving them the opportunity to play and make them better. Then admitting the players were for English clubs. How is he not being ripped for that, how if Keef and Traynor spinning that.

The guys in the BT studio pretty much ripped him for those comments tbf to them. Bewildering comments and won't go down well at all with their supporters......

:pleasing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was surprised how he went on about Sevco being a development team, bring in young players and giving them the opportunity to play and make them better. Then admitting the players were for English clubs. How is he not being ripped for that, how if Keef and Traynor spinning that.

Sutton crucified him for it last night but it was as of the otherswere scared to speak out about.Daryl Currie looked fuming when Sutton was speaking about it.

Did I read somewhere he withdrew Hyndman as he had a duty to look after him for his parent club?!

I'm almost certain I read that somewhere last night in a match report. Can't seem to find it now though.

Yeah said there job was to make them better,look after them and then send them back to the parent club ready for the next batch next season.

Just had a look at that Bears Den forum. Just glorious.

A whole thread on Kenny Miller being player/manager. Imagine the media reaction to that compared to the appointment of Ian Cathro?

Lets see the wankers on Sportsound discuss him.

As usual it will all be about how bad rangers are and not how good Hearts have become. Then they will ask if Hearts can put a challenge in for 2nd and some arse will say rangers and Aberdeen will finish too strongly or some nonsense and then we ahould be more worried about St.Johnstone etc. Monkeys could run that show and I am being a bit unfair to monkeys.

Dare I say, his post match interview with BT was worse than Cathro's Raith interview

Development Club

Players Heads were down

Pishy excuse to the fans for substituting Hyndman

The only thing he didn't add, "it was OK"

Shooter McGavin

Never seen a substitution get such a hostile reaction. It was glorious.

Rudi Hates Hibees

Yeah said there job was to make them better,look after them and then send them back to the parent club ready for the next batch next season.

Mental. Can't see many of that lot being overly impressed with statements like that. Was this in his post match interview?

ad23acabb9d580d940287758255b6577.jpg

Even Spiers knows.

An irrelevant tit states our guy was better than an incompetent  tit - NOTHING to see here. Spiers, tell us something we don't know.

Not those exact words but its along the lines of what he said post match. He's a dead man walking with comments like that. I don't think he understands who he is working for. They are not going to tolerate being a training ground for English clubs prospects.

As usual it will all be about how bad rangers are and not how good Hearts have become. Then they will ask if Hearts can put a challenge in for 2nd and some arse will say rangers and Aberdeen will finish too strongly or some nonsense and then we ahould be more worried about St.Johnstone etc. Monkeys could run that show and I am being a bit unfair to monkeys.

:spoton:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Funny, how will the Bournemouth player improve if his development team don't give him a full 90 minutes?

It was on the STV site:-

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1379668-hearts-loss-is-worst-of-my-rangers-reign-says-warburton/

"Sections of the travelling support expressed their displeasure at the decision to replace Hyndman with Josh Windass on the hour mark.

Warburton explained his call, saying: "He is 20 years old, hasn't played many 90 minutes and on Saturday he played an outstanding 90 minutes. He is a young, precocious talent and Saturday took a lot out of him.

"The pitch out there is so heavy. We've got a responsibility to his parent club. We have got to look after their asset."

Voice of reason

I actually think Warburton is a good football coach - in fact I see similarities to Cathro. He's not an ex-pro but simply a good coach. I'd actually want him to succeed if he was at a team that wasn't one of our biggest rivals.

I even think he talks quite well and, like Cathro, is a bit more intelligent than your average ex-pro. Let's face it, opposition fans will always be offended by interviews by any Old Firm manager - his interviews are less offensive than virtually any Rangers manager I can remember.

He has football principles, which as a football coach myself, I totally believe in. Playing out from the back, keeping the ball, lots of short corners, using a keeper sweeper and giving youth a chance [in amongst experience pros like Hill, Wallace and Miller etc]. He's trying to progress young players and that should be applauded. I'd be delighted if he coached my son's team with his current approach [..but can you get away with that approach at a results driven club like Rangers?]. I still think Rangers will finish 2nd in the league and they will continue to play far nicer football than an industrial Aberdeen side who are just hammer throwers apart from Hayes and McGinn - a good old Scottish Pro ex-pro coaching there though - a recipe for non-progressive football.  You always see some very good passages of passing football when you watch Rangers on the telly - even last night that had some lovely moves in the first-half.  Finishing 2nd for Rangers is clearly a good season back in the top league - did their fans expect more?

So, in answer to the question, I don't think Warburton is a bad manager at all. I do believe he will be hounded out of Rangers though by the unrealistic expectations of the fans, and particularly those fans in media jobs.  My forecast would be that he will go back down to England soon and have a pretty successful managerial career at Championship level at least. I'll wish him well when he leaves Scotland - it's been refreshing to see a top Scottish team at least always try to play good possession football [..it's hard to count Celtic given their huge financial advantage]. We need more guys like Warburton and Cathro in Scotland if our game is going to progress.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

By post match interview time I had consumed a fair bit but didn't he say something along the lines of

"The players heads went down, ah no, they just found it very difficult...."

To which the lovely Eilidh asked him "So, why do you think the players heads went down"

To which Warbs, increasingly in Michael Douglas falling down mode, said "That's a ridiculous statement"

Even though he is a roaster, I do give "Warbs" the credit of not being a Rangers roaster.  Sooner he is out of there, the better for his reputation as well as mental and physical wellbring.

Rudi Hates Hibees

It was on the STV site:-

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1379668-hearts-loss-is-worst-of-my-rangers-reign-says-warburton/

"Sections of the travelling support expressed their displeasure at the decision to replace Hyndman with Josh Windass on the hour mark.

Warburton explained his call, saying: "He is 20 years old, hasn't played many 90 minutes and on Saturday he played an outstanding 90 minutes. He is a young, precocious talent and Saturday took a lot out of him.

"The pitch out there is so heavy. We've got a responsibility to his parent club. We have got to look after their asset."

Cheers. That's the article I was meaning. :thumbsup:

The Treasurer

Funny, how will the Bournemouth player improve if his development team don't give him a full 90 minutes?

Maybe means he doesn't want to drag him down to the same level as the rest of the pish in his team

Bazzas right boot

Wants to play a certain way.

Not got the players to do it.

Nae plan B

Mckay and Wallace are the only players I'd take of them ( that are theirs).

However,

Still 2nd, tho and that's where they are expected to be, if they end up below Aberdeen then he'll be gone. If they end up 2nd he'll stay.

Media and fans over react to results. Rangers are expected to be 2nd best, they are atm and that's a damning indictment of Hearts and Aberdeen tbh.

That team is 8 points ahead of us.

Rangers fans are suffering because they still think they are old rangers

They are not used to being also rans

In a similar mode to the media they look at the shirt and the badge and expect what they are used to

Being totally dismantled by us twice in one season is a new experience for them

They better get used to it- they're not winning the league for a loooooong time to come

We_are_the_Hearts

Wants to play a certain way.

Not got the players to do it.

Nae plan B

Mckay and Wallace are the only players I'd take of them ( that are theirs).

However,

Still 2nd, tho and that's where they are expected to be, if they end up below Aberdeen then he'll be gone. If they end up 2nd he'll stay.

Media and fans over react to results. Rangers are expected to be 2nd best, they are atm and that's a damning indictment of Hearts and Aberdeen tbh.

That team is 8 points ahead of us.

Seriously, you are one bore like. Away and have a chug over RObbie. Gajes like last night entertain me and the rest of our bus was buzzing. That's what it's about. No 8 points blah blah blah

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

He'll go irrespective.

He's not daft; he is in an utterly no win situation.   

Takes all the flak, a perfect fall guy for King.

The only card he has is the remaining 2.5 years of the deal he signed in the summer.  Not sure the Rangers can afford to pay him out.

The arrogance of this man!!! He is a talentless disrespectful clown.

Rangers manager Mark Warburton: "We've just lost 4-1. We're Rangers Football Club, we don't lose 4-1. We did tonight and I feel frustrated, absolutely.

The arrogance of this man!!! He is a talentless disrespectful clown.

Rangers manager Mark Warburton: "We've just lost 4-1. We're Rangers International Football Club 2012 Ltd, we don't lose 4-1. We did tonight and I feel frustrated, absolutely.

FTFY

zoltan socrates

Frittering around the lower leagues wasnt punishmnet for them, it was a jolly

We obviously upset the narrative but by abd large they havent suffered, until now

I can see them spiralling into mediocrity for years to come, rangers only answer is to get the chequebook out, it always has been, they dont have that these days and they are now learning about humility

Glad cathro stuck it up them, he deserves it

August Landmesser

Just had a look at that Bears Den forum. Just glorious.

A whole thread on Kenny Miller being player/manager. Imagine the media reaction to that compared to the appointment of Ian Cathro?

They could bring Boydy back as assistant manager :pleasing:

Hagar the Horrible

Warb's subsitutions appart (insane?)  he is a good manager, he did turn a sows ear into well a purse shaped object.  But last night his team was as good as they are, they were just beaten by a far better team,  their keeper kept him in a job quite possibly.  They have been getting results which we have not against everybody else without playing well for 90 mins, I still think most teams show them respect that they have not earned and still like to doth thy cap because them is Ra Peepil?  They are not Rangers anymore  wake up all and smell the coffee, their blodd is there for the taking, go in for the kill?

Sorry but Warbs has made a team of very ordinary players play better thats for sure, but most of that squad would not look out of place in most other mid table SPL teams, Compare that to the Celtic Squad, even ours or the Sheeps.

Rangers last night are what they realy are, and if I was a bear i would be looking at Kings head, because I wonder what Warbs would/could do in Charge of us ot the Sheep?  He is not a bad manager just one that the paymasters have not backed.  Where is the Warchest!!!!!!!

Somebody please find the clip of the pitchside interview he did post match with a member of Hearts staff walking behind him holding a lap top  :2thumbsup:

joondalupjambo

I actually think Warburton is a good football coach - in fact I see similarities to Cathro. He's not an ex-pro but simply a good coach. I'd actually want him to succeed if he was at a team that wasn't one of our biggest rivals.

I even think he talks quite well and, like Cathro, is a bit more intelligent than your average ex-pro. Let's face it, opposition fans will always be offended by interviews by any Old Firm manager - his interviews are less offensive than virtually any Rangers manager I can remember.

He has football principles, which as a football coach myself, I totally believe in. Playing out from the back, keeping the ball, lots of short corners, using a keeper sweeper and giving youth a chance [in amongst experience pros like Hill, Wallace and Miller etc]. He's trying to progress young players and that should be applauded. I'd be delighted if he coached my son's team with his current approach [..but can you get away with that approach at a results driven club like Rangers?]. I still think Rangers will finish 2nd in the league and they will continue to play far nicer football than an industrial Aberdeen side who are just hammer throwers apart from Hayes and McGinn - a good old Scottish Pro ex-pro coaching there though - a recipe for non-progressive football.  You always see some very good passages of passing football when you watch Rangers on the telly - even last night that had some lovely moves in the first-half.  Finishing 2nd for Rangers is clearly a good season back in the top league - did their fans expect more?

So, in answer to the question, I don't think Warburton is a bad manager at all. I do believe he will be hounded out of Rangers though by the unrealistic expectations of the fans, and particularly those fans in media jobs.  My forecast would be that he will go back down to England soon and have a pretty successful managerial career at Championship level at least. I'll wish him well when he leaves Scotland - it's been refreshing to see a top Scottish team at least always try to play good possession football [..it's hard to count Celtic given their huge financial advantage]. We need more guys like Warburton and Cathro in Scotland if our game is going to progress.

Excellent, well balanced post.  Far too sensible for this site as here it mainly contains short, sharp and unbalanced attacks on anyone and anything that moves when it is not seen as 100% right in the eyes of the poster, even on our own players, managers and/or other fans.  No idea if you are a Jambo or not but well done, a good read.

Tynecastlesmychurch

It certainly was glorious. However cast your mind back to Boyd on for Macleod in the 2-0 game to go 9 points clear!

It certainly was glorious. However cast your mind back to Boyd on for Macleod in the 2-0 game to go 9 points clear!

:)  i remember that well . Seriously funny to witness the seethe at close quarters .

The Bluenose is right.

Small club now- a "big signing" is a few hundred K  to a million

I remember them signing Italian and German internationals, Dutch internationals.

Now they are a feeder club signing lower English league kids

I love it

Somebody please find the clip of the pitchside interview he did post match with a member of Hearts staff walking behind him holding a lap top :2thumbsup:

Did that really happen?

Archived