Barry George - Guilty or Not Guilty (hypothetically of course !!)

glentoranhearts

glentoranhearts

My initial instincts were not guilty after the first trial but i'm being swayed towards guilty with what i am hearing on the news

So Barry had i been on the Jury at this stage you would be going back to Jail :wacko:

Jam Tarts 1874
My initial instincts were not guilty after the first trial but i'm being swayed towards guilty with what i am hearing on the news

So Barry had i been on the Jury at this stage you would be going back to Jail :wacko:

Difficult one as the only real evidence was the speck of gunpowder, disputes over this evidence is what has led to the re-trial. There are no witnesses, no murder weapon and despite all the "George was a loner who pestered women and had a fascination with guns", the prosecution don't really have much of a case.

Now that there is likely to be a little less emotion around regarding Dando, I think George might go free.

He's guilty of possessing a low IQ and imitating Lee Majors, a rollerskating stuntman, being Freddie Mercury's cousin, an SAS officer and the British Karate champion.

He's also guilty of dressing up in military combat gear and keeping a dodgy stash of magazines.

Don't reckon he's guilty of murdering Jill Dando though ....(and nor do the people who know him).

Barry certainly appears to be a strange one. But is he capable of murder? I won't comment as I'm not party to all the evidence. However, he'd be an easy collar for the police. :cool:

glentoranhearts

I remember just after the first trial Dando's brother expressed his doubts on the verdict, which got me thinking.

Could sadly have a "Stagg" here

Hopefully the Jury get it right and justice prevails :)

Goldstone Wonder
He's guilty of possessing a low IQ and imitating Lee Majors, a rollerskating stuntman, being Freddie Mercury's cousin, an SAS officer and the British Karate champion.

He's also guilty of dressing up in military combat gear and keeping a dodgy stash of magazines.

Don't reckon he's guilty of murdering Jill Dando though ....(and nor do the people who know him).

I am convinced he is innocent. The modus operandi used in this murder was very, very professional. Not something a loser who lived close by could have perpetrated. The CPS HAD to find a fall guy (excuse the Lee Majors pun) and this guy fitted the bill. This case should not have gone to a re-trial in my view.

heartgarfunkel

Yip, agree. As Goldstone Wonder says, it was extremely professional. Serbia, NATO airstrikes, and the BBC's coverage have been mentioned....

Do I think he did it - Yes

Do I think they have proven he did it - No

Its the classic character assasination and hope people ignore the fact theres little or no evidence as he's a weirdo

Very luke mitchellesque

Not at all. His mum didn't burn all his clobber.

Is it not his sister who runs about the media in George's case:)

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Barry George was obessed with Queen and Freddie Mercury. Which in my book deserves being hung live on the Lottery. So i say guilty.

i always thought there was something that didnt add up in the original trial and wouldnt be surprised if the police just grabbed the local weirdo as there was no real suspects.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Does he not have the mental age of someone much younger? As has been said, seemed like a professional job, and not something this guy appears to have the "intelligence"/know how to do.

Doctor FinnBarr
Not at all. His mum didn't burn all his clobber.

Why hasn,t that scheming cow been nicked?

:confused:

doctor jambo

Following review of the use of FDR (firearms discharge residue) by the Forensic Science Service- the FDR evidence used in the original trial would no longer be admissable

And that is basically the only evidence they had

Archived