Thor

WheatfieldJambo

WheatfieldJambo

It seems that he has 3 children : Bjarni, Joey (Wolves), Toddi GUDJONSSON how can they have a different surname as their father :S

Also, Bjarni and Toddi are at AI Akranes with him and he took them to Stoke aswell.

So if he signs for us we can expect his Bjarni and Toddi Gudjonsson too.

Can anyone explain the name differences ?:confused:

shaun.lawson
It seems that he has 3 children : Bjarni, Joey (Wolves), Toddi GUDJONSSON how can they have a different surname as their father :S

Also, Bjarni and Toddi are at AI Akranes with him and he took them to Stoke aswell.

So if he signs for us we can expect his Bjarni and Toddi Gudjonsson too.

Can anyone explain the name differences ?:confused:

Because in Iceland, children inherit their father's first name for their surname. So his son is called Toddi Gudjonsson because he's the son of Gudjon.

londonjambo

I've often wondered what they do if a woman has a baby but doesnt know who the father is .... or maybe that sort of thing doesnt happen in Iceland.

GC

Drylaw Hearts
I've often wondered what they do if a woman has a baby but doesnt know who the father is .... or maybe that sort of thing doesnt happen in Iceland.

GC

Slutson ?

Slutson ?

Is that name likely to have mutated over the years into "sutton" as in that ex-tic player bloke?

Also, Tart-son to Hartson?

Just wondering.

Drylaw Hearts
Is that name likely to have mutated over the years into "sutton" as in that ex-tic player bloke?

Also, Tart-son to Hartson?

Just wondering.

Quites possibly.

It certainly makes sense.

GC

i know of a player in iceland called Elisabertson, maybe this is what happened:confused:

Jimmy McNulty

I have a friend Kristen Gudjonsson (whose dad was called Gudjon). He named his son Gudjon (Gudjon kristensson). His daughter, Helga, has the last name Olgasdottir (because her Mum is called Olga).

what you end up with is a family of 4 with 4 different last names. Apparently they always have issues getting into the US, because US immigration cant fathom this....

One player i can think of who kept his fathers surname is Eidur Smari Gudjohnsen of Barcelona, his father is Arnor Gudjohnsen ex Anderlecht

The People's Chimp
One player i can think of who kept his fathers surname is Eidur Smari Gudjohnsen of Barcelona, his father is Arnor Gudjohnsen ex Anderlecht

and so nearly of hearts.

:balmoral:

Therefore:

Joey Gudjonsson's kids = Joeysson?

Toddi Gudjonsson's kids = Toddisson?

Hell!

Joey = Johannes = Johansson?

Toddi = ??r?ur = Thovaldson (i think?)

Is toddi not in a non-playing capacity though? I read he issused a statement on behalf of the club, surely as a player he wouldn't do that? unless hes captain maybe?

Malcolm Tucker

What if our own 'son of Jon' has a son though. Eggertsson doesn't sound right.

Joey = Johannes = Johansson?

Toddi = ??r?ur = Thovaldson (i think?)

Is toddi not in a non-playing capacity though? I read he issused a statement on behalf of the club, surely as a player he wouldn't do that? unless hes captain maybe?

Thordur Gudjonsson still plays for IA, he is also the club secretary.

Icelandic takeover please... might get rid of vlad junior :P

Excuse my Scandinavian confusion, but what nationality are the Magnussons at West Ham?

Excuse my Scandinavian confusion, but what nationality are the Magnussons at West Ham?

I just checked, they are Icelandic. Funny, I am sure I remember rumours about relatives or peers of them from Iceland being interested in buying out Hearts a year or so ago.

Could this prospective appointment suggest something that has not yet been discussed?

I just checked, they are Icelandic. Funny, I am sure I remember rumours about relatives or peers of them from Iceland being interested in buying out Hearts a year or so ago.

Could this prospective appointment suggest something that has not yet been discussed?

I hope so! :dribble:

how do they explain ibrahimovic then!!! lol

His parents are Bosnian so he has a bosnian surname.

I assume he has never heard of wearing a GUDJONNHY :)

Archived