***Hearts v Rangers, Match thread***

Beats

Big game this for us. If we have any ambitions of finishing second we need the 3 points.

All about building for the derby for me. I think an improved performance and a draw, possibly 1-1 is on the cards.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Huge test for Cathro. Another two, possibly three, new faces who won't have played together against a mediocre outfit who have started to scrape results together.

1-1

Goncalves

We'll surely play with a bit more pace and purpose.

Getting ready for the Hibs game is a must.

Heartsmad1874

If Goncalves and Tziolis are signed in time they both have to start this game. I'm gonna say 2-0 to the famous.

We couldn't have asked for much better preparation.

Doesn't come much harder than a 120 minute cup game and a trip to park head.

We should be fit and ready to go.

Unfortunately with Djoum still missing we will likely see another Cowie and Kitchen midfield which just doesn't create enough or move the ball quickly enough.

Rangers will do what they do. They might not be great but they keep going right to the end and Kenny Miller will not stop driving them forward. If we haven't got them killed off at 80 minutes they could well kill us off by 90.

We can win. It will be hard but we can.

Rudi Hates Hibees

We really do need the 3 points if we are serious about pushing for 2nd. This will be a tough game but certainly winnable.

2-1 Hearts.

If Struna is fit, and if we can throw in the two players we are expected to sign today or tomorrow then I would fancy our chances of getting something from the game.

Big game this for us. If we have any ambitions of finishing second we need the 3 points.

All about building for the derby for me. I think an improved performance and a draw, possibly 1-1 is on the cards.

I'm sure we have ambitions for finishing second but we'll be fourth at best. Both Aberdeen and Rangers are better than us at the moment. Fourth place and a SC final will be the best we can hope for this season.

I'm sure we have ambitions for finishing second but we'll be fourth at best. Both Aberdeen and Rangers are better than us at the moment. Fourth place and a SC final will be the best we can hope for this season.

I think if we get goncalves, the Greek fellow and another centre back our squad will be around rangers and Aberdeen in terms of quality. It's whether they can get a run of form going together which will dictate if we can catch them in my opinion

First league game where Cathro has experienced playing them already, should be interesting to see how McPhee and him analysed the last match and come up with a plan to exploit their weaknesses this time.

I think if we get goncalves, the Greek fellow and another centre back our squad will be around rangers and Aberdeen in terms of quality. It's whether they can get a run of form going together which will dictate if we can catch them in my opinion

Rangers are winning most weeks so it doesn't really matter what we do. I can't see them losing 4 more games that us between now and the end of the season, hence why a good cup run is imperative

Rangers are winning most weeks so it doesn't really matter what we do. I can't see them losing 4 more games that us between now and the end of the season, hence why a good cup run is imperative

Fair point. Would be lovely if we could beat hibs and pinch the trophy off them

Celtic can easily take two games off them. Aberdeen don't shite it against them at their woollen mill as much as Glasgow, and we have a 50/50 chance on Wednesday.

There's 4. Do take your point though, as it's all hypothetical.

I did factor that In then offset it against the two games they'll take also take off us.

tartofmidlothian

If we can get the couple of players we need in by tomorrow and settle the squad, I'd say third place and a cup run which doesn't embarrass is the realistic goal. That means not going out to a lower league team, especially not them. Of course, you never want to go out to a team placed lower than you in the league full stop.

Interesting game this. We need the points and the performance.

But no doubt about it, Rangers are a better side than they were last time they came to Tynecastle. They've gone about their business quite well in recent weeks and seem much more capable of putting teams to the sword.

I think we can sneak it if we turn up, but I fear another hiding could be on the cards if the schoolboy errors come in again.

If we can get the couple of players we need in by tomorrow and settle the squad, I'd say third place and a cup run which doesn't embarrass is the realistic goal. That means not going out to a lower league team, especially not them. Of course, you never want to go out to a team placed lower than you in the league full stop.

Not convinced 3rd is possible. Suppose it depends on how quickly the new boys get settled in. Defeat to Hibs just isn't an option.

Bazzas right boot

Unless we improve, I think they will skelp us.

We aren't creating chances, nevermind scoring and are soft as shite at the back.

3-0 to the govan lot.

If we get another couple of signings who can improve us it may be tight, but ATM don't see how we will beat an on-form rangers.

Realistically, we will comfortably lose this game. Our defence has been an absolute shambles since Cathro came in...Starting with giving away easy goals at Ibrox, getting played off the park by Partick at Tynecastle and scraped a point thanks to great saves from JH, chucked a 2 goal lead at dens thanks to terrible defending and then the last 3 games have been even worse against a really poor raith side in the replay we looked like we could have shipped several goals and more errors at celtic park yesterday.

It really is beyond me why we sold Ozturk and Rossi when they should both be playing CB for us for the rest of the season and getting new contracts.

Realistically, we will comfortably lose this game. Our defence has been an absolute shambles since Cathro came in...Starting with giving away easy goals at Ibrox, getting played off the park by Partick at Tynecastle and scraped a point thanks to great saves from JH, chucked a 2 goal lead at dens thanks to terrible defending and then the last 3 games have been even worse against a really poor raith side in the replay we looked like we could have shipped several goals and more errors at celtic park yesterday.

It really is beyond me why we sold Ozturk and Rossi when they should both be playing CB for us for the rest of the season and getting new contracts.

our defence was terrible before cathro came in.

doesnt help he lost paterson early on. 

our defence was terrible before cathro came in.

doesnt help he lost paterson early on. 

Exactly. You would have thought that it would be first priority to sort the defence. Then we go and sell 2 centre backs? Bizzare.

I think we'll lose. There is no battling qualities in the team - combined with players still getting to know each other, I'm not looking forward to it.

A drastic improvement is required to get anything from the game.

Exactly. You would have thought that it would be first priority to sort the defence. Then we go and sell 2 centre backs? Bizzare.

we replaced ozturk and have another CB incoming apparently. We have signed three defensive players so far, so its not as if cathro doesnt see the issues at the back. 

we didnt sell rossi either he choose to leave after a good offer from saudi. 

the defence can only take so much of the blame imo. Midfield has to take a lot of the blame for us shipping so many goals

As long as we show more character and fight than the Aberdeen game then we'll beat them. Goncalves will rip each and every one of their defenders a new bumhole.

letsalldothebeattie

At the minute after yesterday and even the 2 games against Raith we haven't performed well enough and wouldn't be surprised if we get turned over again. Don't want to see that happen especially to them.

At the minute my heart says 2-0 Hearts

My head is saying 3-0 Rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Tsiolis match fit? Has he been playing this season? If so adding him and goncalves would be a massive boost

Hasn't played all season, so can't/shouldn't start.

2-0 Hearts if the new right back shakes off his injury and Goncalves plays.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

we replaced ozturk and have another CB incoming apparently. We have signed three defensive players so far, so its not as if cathro doesnt see the issues at the back. 

we didnt sell rossi either he choose to leave after a good offer from saudi. 

the defence can only take so much of the blame imo. Midfield has to take a lot of the blame for us shipping so many goals

I know what you are saying but signing a 37 year old on a 6 month deal isn't a proper replacement. We would then have a rebuilding job again in summer. Not helped now by Souttar and Paterson injuries but would like to see us spend on getting a proven defender in rather than gambling on the unknown.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Hamilton

Struna/Smith        Avlonitis (has to play, we have no choice)   Hughes   Sowah

Kitchen       Tziolis       Martin       Walker

Jonnsen          Concalves

Captain America

Can't see anything other than an away win and that is quite disheartening as they aren't a great team themselves.

Hamilton

Struna/Smith Avlonitis (has to play, we have no choice) Hughes Sowah

Kitchen Tziolis Martin Walker

Jonnsen Concalves

Kitchen on the right? Ey?

favouriteplayer

Am I correct in thinking that Rherras will be back for this one? If so Sowah could play Centre back with Hughes

Depending on our starting 11 I dont see why we cant beat sevco. Theyre not that great and theyre certainly not Celtic. I can be as pessimistic as the next guy but I dont see any reason we cant win 2-1 or 3-1. Depends if new signings are fit and ready to go. Especially Goncalves and any CB we may sign

Based on Raith / Raith / Celtic performances in the last week - we don't stand a chance.

But predicting Hearts performances is more tricky than picking winning lottery numbers just now, so who knows what Wednesday will bring.

Brick Tamland

I think that this will be a turner in the Cathro era and we will totally pump them senseless.

Archived