Weirdly confident

Bauld

It's strange to say when you're losing a game but the circumstances surrounding it are what has to be taken into consideration.

We're making a few defensive errors in this game that I'd hope we wouldn't make. That goes without saying but it's a new defence and it needs time to organise itself. Sowah is brilliant though. Hughes looks good and Struna while missing today has shown great promise.

We're not being blown away though. It's the one defensive bollock up from Martin not tracking McGregor properly to keep goal side.

Celtic are on a record breaking run and they couldn't be in a more confident position than they are right now. They are capable of beating Europes elite teams at parkhead.

We're competing with them while trying to gel a new squad together and with alot of youth and fitness issues thrown in.

I think after a few weeks getting up to speed a team like Hibs will not want any part of us.

Especially once we get Djoum home and Goncalves in.

The problem as I foresee it is we have a fortnight and only 2 games after this one before the season defining fixture. It is a must win or to be honest a number of these short term signings are pointless. We are highly unlikely to have played the starting lineup against Hibs in that time, in fact how Cathro would even know his best team is anyones guess given the options and possible combinations. There is every chance we could have a couple of players playing in only their first or second matches. Djoum, who would be a certain starter will not be back till the week of the Hibs game. Whilst there is room for cautious optimism about the standard of some of the news players and certainly as to the depth of the squad there has to also be some concern as to just how quickly its going to be possible to bed in as a team given how essential the result is in the cup game. It may be that is a day we need to rely on having better individuals than Hibs rather than our team having gelled sufficiently.

feedtheroman2

Whilst I agree with most of what your saying? It's still absolutely shite watching the opposition attack you for the full 90 minutes and not do anything of note in return.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Whilst I agree with most of what your saying? It's still absolutely shite watching the opposition attack you for the full 90 minutes and not do anything of note in return.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I get that but as I posted on the match thread by the time we face Hibs hopefully...

Sam is fully fit.

Goncalves is signed.

Djoum is back.

Struna is fit.

The Greek midfielder signs.

The defence has gelled.

Buaben is fit.

Generally speaking there's a lot to sort out at the moment.

Far from our best starting 11 due to injuries and what is to come in

This is probably the best Celtic side in over a decade, can write off today

That's the difference

Teirney can cross a ball

Smith can't

Even at the age he's at I reckon he could walk into most EPL sides and not be out of place.

He's got bags of pace. His crossing is brilliant and he can defend really well.

HeartOfWestLothian

Far from our best starting 11 due to injuries and what is to come in

This is probably the best Celtic side in over a decade, can write off today

Far from Celtic's best team today as well though.

Far from Celtic's best team today as well though.

True but they are light years ahead at the moment. Money talks at the moment. Realistically a game at home v them is the only hope of a win. And I'm a glass half full guy believe it or not

Archived