What's Robert Tomaschek doing these days?

topcat

He's about my age so he must be coming up for retirement soon and given that there may well be a requirement coming up at Tynie for a Slovakian-English translator who's familiar with Scottish Football he might be just the fellow. He could double up by doing some coaching as well. Which I think is how Mourinho got started.

Thought injury forced him out the game when he left Hearts. He done his knee when playing for us and dont think he ever recovered.

He's about my age so he must be coming up for retirement soon and given that there may well be a requirement coming up at Tynie for a Slovakian-English translator who's familiar with Scottish Football he might be just the fellow. He could double up by doing some coaching as well. Which I think is how Mourinho got started.

He could play in midfield.

Kendal Jambo

I was thinking exactly the same thing and was researching him the other day but could not find a spec of info. Was it not that his time ended at Hearts because of injuries. I always remember him as a classy player however I was too young to really remember him.

Guest JamboRobbo
When Petric left Hearts he joined the army and got shot :cool:

You sure it wasn't before he arrived? That'd explain quite a lot. :P

Hopefully he would be better at coaching than he was at playing.

?:wacko::wacko::wacko: He was a real class act and captian of his national side. No one in the current squad is better than he was.

Always rated the Hawk.

Done his knee at the tattie bowl and never recovered.

Think it was a challenge from the ex-hobo IIRC

Pants Shaton

Ever been to a Hearts match?

Ever been to a Hearts match?

They should give you a badge and a gun, right wee Columbo when it comes to identifying Jambos.

Pants Shaton
They should give you a badge and a gun, right wee Columbo when it comes to identifying Hobos.

Well spotted...

justone.GIF

...you lot like to stick together.

He became a coach. So hes probaly at some slovakian team coaching.

If FM08 is to be believe he is an unemployed coach on the latest update. Not a great source of information I know, but for that sort of thing I figure it is about right.

One of my fav players too. I'd love to see him back at tynie in a coaching capacity.

cousinsofnoone

According to Stanislav Varga, he is working in an administrative (by inference, fairly junior) capacity for the Slovak FA.

vlad on the tyne

decent footballer was the hawk but never really justified the transfer fee IMO.

I'm finding it hard to recollect a game he played in. Mostly saw him walking past me IN THE STAND :sad:

Ray Winstone
I'm finding it hard to recollect a game he played in. Mostly saw him walking past me IN THE STAND :sad:

He was not outstanding but he was a good player.

Remember the game he got the injury that ended his career against Celtic at Tynie - never made it back after that.

He was not outstanding but he was a good player.

Remember the game he got the injury that ended his career against Celtic at Tynie - never made it back after that.

I dont doubt he began as a promising signing ( NT Captain and all that ) I'm just saying that I can't honestly remember him making any impression on me ?

Sheesh, just checked London Hearts and it reckons ( unless I've read it wrong :confused: ) that he made 30 starts in 2000-2001 :wacko:

I would have been at all the home games too, yet about the only recollection I have is of him walking down the stand with his wee sprog !

He's an agent in Slovakia.

Ron Burgundy
One of my favourite ever Jambos.

:)

I don't think I've ever met a Hearts fan who has come out with that statement before.Can I ask why?

Denny Crane
He started slowly but once he found his feet was a class act who had a rough time with injuries

Also, both he and his wife really found adjusting to life in Edinburgh to be quite a struggle - let's just say the club's support network was not all that hot. Once he things began to smoothe over he did start showing signs of why we signed him until that horrific injury.

Archived