Holocaust: Night Will Fall

Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga

Simply the most powerful documentary that I have ever seen. It is the story of the allies filming the concentration camps and what they found. The scenes are moving yet you don't want to watch, horrific but necessary, unbelievable yet believable, unforgettable yet you want to forget them.

It is on More4, and should be on catch up if anyone has the stomach and interest to download and watch. Not one for kids though, as the scenes are amongst the most graphic I have ever seen on UK tv.

I watched it when it was first shown on channel 4. I have obviously seen many photos over the years but the videos captured by the British forces seemed far worse, horrific, and truly heartbreaking.

I've been to both Auschwitz camps.

The scale of camp 2 Birkenau is unreal. The first camp has been mostly turned into a museum telling the whole story.

Its history but horrible. Humbling to see it all and when I was there I actually tried to visualise Allied troops arriving to liberate them and how shocked they must've been to witness the camps.

Malinga the Swinga

.don't want to watch. Out of interest; any footage from other holocausts ?

it was a documentary on the concentration camps from WW2, so no, there was no footage from other holocausts. What were you hoping for, a top ten countdown of the greatest holocausts of the last 75 years?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

it was a documentary on the concentration camps from WW2, so no, there was no footage from other holocausts. What were you hoping for, a top ten countdown of the greatest holocausts of the last 75 years?

With Tony Blackburn doing the voiceover

Bridge of Djoum

A truly bizarre comment.

You mean any of the really big ones?

A truly bizarre comment.

yeah ..I guess. Must avoid late night posting.

Should have picked up from the OP (and thread title) it was about The Holocaust and not any other.

Sounds like a powerful film,with interesting history of suppression, 'til now.

My grandad was a deeply troubled man when he came back from the war, lots of men were, it wasn't until he had been dead for a good number of years my gran told my dad that she thought it all down to that camp, turns out he was at the liberation of the Belsen prison camp, just couldn't get over what he'd seen. Cant imagine what he went through.

Archived