Transfering money to a foreign bank account.

Prince Buaben

Prince Buaben

This isn't as glamorous as it sounds. 

I need to transfer money to a Spanish bank account from my own. What is the best way to go about it? The figure is not much its under ?200.

Who do you bank with? For such a small amount, I'd speak to your own bank, or investigate via online banking. You'll probably need the IBAN and/or BIC for who you are transfering to.

For larger sums, I'd recommend UK Forex. I've used them to transfer money to and from abroad quite a few times. You get a decent rate.

This isn't as glamorous as it sounds. 

I need to transfer money to a Spanish bank account from my own. What is the best way to go about it? The figure is not much its under ?200.

I use Transferwise to pay my rent from my U.S. bank account.  It's quick, the fees are significantly lower than the banks', and they give you a mid-market exchange rate.  I generally save about ?35 per transfer versus a bank wire.  If you sign up with the link below, you get your first transfer for free as well, and I may eventually get a kickback from them.

https://transferwise.com/u/e751b1

Prince Buaben

Who do you bank with? For such a small amount, I'd speak to your own bank, or investigate via online banking. You'll probably need the IBAN and/or BIC for who you are transfering to.

For larger sums, I'd recommend UK Forex. I've used them to transfer money to and from abroad quite a few times. You get a decent rate.

I bank with BOS. Yeah  I have the IBAN number for the account i am transferring too 

I bank with BOS. Yeah I have the IBAN number for the account i am transferring too

I think you should be able to do through them via online. For that sort of amount, and if it's a one off, might just be as well using them.

North Berwick Jambo

I think you should be able to do through them via online. For that sort of amount, and if it's a one off, might just be as well using them.

This!  I transfer cash between my Spanish and British banks online quite often, its very simple just select International transfer, pop in the BIC swift code and the IBAN. Although it does tend to take about 24 hours till its complete.

Craig Gordons Gloves

HBOS do it for 9.50 a time online.  XOOM is also a good way of doing it, you pay 4.50. 

I use Transferwise to pay my rent from my U.S. bank account.  It's quick, the fees are significantly lower than the banks', and they give you a mid-market exchange rate.  I generally save about ?35 per transfer versus a bank wire.  If you sign up with the link below, you get your first transfer for free as well, and I may eventually get a kickback from them.

https://transferwise.com/u/e751b1

As above, I've used them a number of times to send money to Germany.

It's quick, inexpensive and I've never had a problem.

Thomas Cook do something called a Cash Passport. It's a great way to get money from one country to another with little expense.

Look into it.

chester copperpot

It's normally a prince asking me to transfer money to a foreign bank account.

Be suspicious boys

It's normally a prince asking me to transfer money to a foreign bank account.

Be suspicious boys

:qqb006:

Stephane Grappelli

I usually use a Ugandan gentleman called George Agdgdgwngo to handle this sort of thing for me. He will wire the monies for you.

Would it not be possible to have 2 PayPal accounts with different email addresses. Have the UK bank associated with one account and the Spanish account with the other.

Surely a transfer would be free if you did it that way, and instant transfer into the Spanish side ?

Would it not be possible to have 2 PayPal accounts with different email addresses. Have the UK bank associated with one account and the Spanish account with the other.

Surely a transfer would be free if you did it that way, and instant transfer into the Spanish side ?

Pretty you need an address in the country to have PayPal account associated with it in that country.

Thomas Cook do something called a Cash Passport. It's a great way to get money from one country to another with little expense.

Look into it.

Yup I use that for good rates from all currencies to quid.     All long as you don't transfer from one foreign currency to another as you will pay two cross-rates.

Archived