Arbroath & Andy Webster

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

YET AGAIN represenatatives of Arbroath F.C are in the paper this morning whining at us for not properly compensating them with regards to Andy Webster transfer money. Now maybe I am being pedantic here but surely they are only entitled to a percentage of a transfer fee. We hve not and will not recieve a transfer fee, only compensation for the tme left on his contract. So surely they should recieve absolutly nothing.

We have gone uncompensated for almost 3 years now so any money we do give Arbroath should be held up for the same length of time. Petty I know, but this whole thing has been hadled abysmaly (and for once, not by us) and if takes a small club to suffer then it might help to highlight this whole complete farce.

And if we do end up giving Arbroath nothing, I hope they and the media dont point the finger at us but at the grasping local boy made good that put his bank account before his roots.

By the way I know this has been done to death but the more you read the angrier you get

The club need to listen and learn

WE got shafted much more than you!!!!

We got feck all for the judas wee preck

While I have some sympathy for Arbroath, you are correct in that any sell on clause is linked to a transfer fee. No fee, no kicker.

As usual, the villan in all this will get away with it.

Guest JamboRobbo

I tend to agree that maybe we shouldn't be owe them a cut as we didn't receive a transfer fee.

But, Hearts said a few weeks ago that we do owe them the money, it is the full 26k, and the settlement is on the way. Here's the link.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1295795,00.html

Seems a bit strange that we're now saying differently?

If we're gonna not pay people, it might be an idea not to admit we owe them the money, and tell them it's on it's way on our website?

Drylaw Hearts

Hearts made the mistake by announcing on the Club website we would be sending Arbroath ?26k as their part of the deal.

What happened that they decided they now won't pay this amount ?

Even if there was a fee to give them, I don't think it should be held up for any length of time. To be fair, it's Arbroath that suffer most in all of this.

I don't understand why they keep going to the papers about it though. Do they think we'll cave in and give them something out of sheer goodwill or is there something else to it? I know at the time of the ruling, Hearts said they were going to look into it all and consider their next move...whatever that might be. Perhaps they're just keeping their hand in.

Drylaw Hearts
Even if there was a fee to give them, I don't think it should be held up for any length of time. To be fair, it's Arbroath that suffer most in all of this.

I don't understand why they keep going to the papers about it though. Do they think we'll cave in and give them something out of sheer goodwill or is there something else to it? I know at the time of the ruling, Hearts said they were going to look into it all and consider their next move...whatever that might be. Perhaps they're just keeping their hand in.

A phone call to a newspaper is cheaper than a lawyer.

Unless your calling one of 0845 dirty numbers.

I've heard they're expensive.

Ahem.

Guest JamboRobbo
Hearts said they were going to look into it all and consider their next move...

We actually said the settlement was on the way.....the full 26k.....back in April. Link is above.

We're squabbling about 12 grand or something.

WTF is 12 grand to a club like Hearts ?

This is just typical of the way that we are being run at the moment IMO.

Just pay them the full amount and act with a little dignity for once ya fecking nuggets.

It's a shame for Arbroath they sold him to a club that has been turned in to circus by Vlad. Had he not acted billy big time we'd have had a Scottish Internationalist for longer until we sold him for the millions he is worth. Then they'd have been quids in.

They at least got soemthing from us for him. We got didlley squat from Wigan

We're squabbling about 12 grand or something.

WTF is 12 grand to a club like Hearts ?

This is just typical of the way that we are being run at the moment IMO.

Just pay them the full amount and act with a little dignity for once ya fecking nuggets.

A weeks wage to Nade

Drylaw Hearts
That'll keep Nade in McDonalds for 3 month :cool:

That's where he does his best work.

Guest JamboRobbo
They at least got soemthing from us for him. We got didlley squat from Wigan

Which would mean they were asking for a percentage of diddley squat.

Meanwhile back in the real world, we actually got 150k from Wigan, and rightly or wrongly, they're asking for a percentage of that.

Which would mean they were asking for a percentage of diddley squat.

Meanwhile back in the real world, we actually got 150k from Wigan, and rightly or wrongly, they're asking for a percentage of that.

We have given then ?20,000 or so already and they want more

As far as Im aware we got nothing by way of a transfer fee for the shechtbag what we got was compensation for the remainder of his contract. I would not imagine that this was written into the deal when we bought him. So anything they get they should be grateful for as its not us that are shafting them.

A phone call to a newspaper is cheaper than a lawyer.

Unless your calling one of 0845 dirty numbers.

I've heard they're expensive.

Ahem.

Must be a Drylaw thing, I haven't a clue what you mean. :P

What's all this squabbling about then? We said we'd give them 26k but we still owe them 12k of that?

Drylaw Hearts
Must be a Drylaw thing, I haven't a clue what you mean. :P

What's all this squabbling about then? We said we'd give them 26k but we still owe them 12k of that?

Maybe we meant Euro's ?

It won't be the first time we've confused currencies. :rolleyes:

As for pretending you know nothing about those sort of numbers, now I think about it - I'm pretty sure I recognised one of the voices.

Mmmmm.

:)

Maybe we meant Euro's ?

It won't be the first time we've confused currencies. :rolleyes:

As for pretending you know nothing about those sort of numbers, now I think about it - I'm pretty sure I recognised one of the voices.

Mmmmm.

:)

Yeah, but BigHusref doesn't want anyone to know about his part-time job.

Shhhhhhh. ;)

Drylaw Hearts
Yeah, but BigHusref doesn't want anyone to know about his part-time job.

Shhhhhhh. ;)

No dinner for me tonight.

Thanks.

Drylaw Hearts
It would certainly give the thread a bit more of a coherent diraction if people bothered to read what Hearts had to say on it before making stuff up!

I blame you.

You clearly didn't make it obvious enough by posting the link that gave them all the details.

In future, just for the slow one's, please copy and past.

Use big bold lettering just to make sure they don't miss it.

;)

Guest JamboRobbo
I blame you.

You clearly didn't make it obvious enough by posting the link that gave them all the details.

In future, just for the slow one's, please copy and past.

Use big bold lettering just to make sure they don't miss it.

;)

:hobofish:;)

I'm surprised we have actually agreed that the 'sell on' clause can be invoked ?

Surely the money we have been paid amounts only to compensation for the 'loss' of a top quality 1st eleven player :rolleyes: ...........who we have then had to replace and may have had to spend a fair sum to do so ?

I'm surprised we have actually agreed that the 'sell on' clause can be invoked ?

Surely the money we have been paid amounts only to compensation for the 'loss' of a top quality 1st eleven player :rolleyes: ...........who we have then had to replace and may have had to spend a fair sum to do so ?

You would think so and it sounds like someone has realised a bit too late

Im no lawyer so Im not sure how binding our admission on the website is and whether it would constitute a contact

From what I understand for it to be binding arbroath would have to had agreed with what we said on the website, it appears they are in fact disputing that in which case it isnt binding and they can do one

You would think so and it sounds like someone has realised a bit too late

Im no lawyer so Im not sure how binding our admission on the website is and whether it would constitute a contact

From what I understand for it to be binding arbroath would have to had agreed with what we said on the website, it appears they are in fact disputing that in which case it isnt binding and they can do one

I thought Vlad's method was ALWAYS to play hardball so why the feck we fell flat on our coupon here I just dont know

I'd like us to give Arbroath a wee prezzie, just to try and claim the moral high ground, ;) but quite frankly we appear to have boloxed it up yet again :sad:

Seymour M Hersh

According to reports at the time Fudster was splitting (how appropriate) the smaller fine (my use of words) with Wigan in paying HMFC.

I used the word fine as that is how I personally read the situation. He was fined ?150k for breaking his contract with us. Now whether you can legally claim this is a transfer fee I would not know.

Only problem I can see here is yet again people ladling into Hearts for not paying up when they said they would, when the facts are not clear if they have or not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arbroath/7448771.stm

"Now the Second Division club say they want a percentage of the ?150,000 that Wigan paid Hearts.

But the Tynecastle club are disputing the amount due and Arbroath claim a shortfall of around ?10,000.

Hearts had said in April that they would pay ?26,000 to Arbroath, who this season won promotion from Division Three."

Unless I have missed something (entirely possible there is another article), Hearts have said they would pay up ?26k - I can't find anything to say we havent. All I can see is Arbroath demanding another ?10k, but it is not clear if this is part of the ?26k we said we would pay or over and above the ?26k. Fair enough, Hearts have been crap at paying bills and deservedly get criticised for it, but we don't know the facts on this one, so why dig in at Hearts so quickly ?

Reading between the lines of the story, my thoughts are that Arbroath are getting greedy and want a bigger slice of the cash. As others have already said, we have been shafted by a hell of a lot more than ?10k and they should be grateful for getting what they've been offered/given (assuming we are not reneging on the full ?26k).

Archived