Usain Bolt Stripped of Gold Medal

Paolo

Same happened to the GB team at the worlds. Stripped because of Dwayne Chambers positive drug test. I met Darren Campbell years later and he was still livid about it, rightly so.

I found Bolt's response surprising:

"For years you've worked hard to accumulate gold medals and you work hard to be a champion, but it's one of those things.

"I'm more concerned about the athlete and I hope he gets through it."

Bolt is the only top 5 runner based on PBs to not fail a drugs test. What's more likely; that the best is clean or that he's managed to evade being caught? Jamaica's drug testing policies don't make a cheat's time particularly difficult...

loveofthegame

I found Bolt's response surprising:

Bolt is the only top 5 runner based on PBs to not fail a drugs test. What's more likely; that the best is clean or that he's managed to evade being caught? Jamaica's drug testing policies don't make a cheat's time particularly difficult...

Hate to say it but always felt the same... we are meant to believe that he is the only guy in his stable (Powell, Blake etc. been caught) not cheating, yet is still miles better than those that do cheat.....

He is either super, super human or something else....

Ever since Berlin I've questioned Bolt. Powell, Gatlin, Gay, Blake and Chambers have all been caught. I cannot believe the guy quicker than them all isn't on something as well.

Didn't a whole bunch of female Jamaican sprinters get caught also?

They can all gtf including Bolt for supporting the athlete who was caught.

Gtf Bolt

Does anybody still believe any top flight athletes are 'clean'?

I don't.

The recent surfacing of the legitimisation of cheating by way of therapeutic use exemptions has removed any faith whatsoever.

You just have to accept that it is business.

What impresses me though is that athletes can be interview for years claiming that they are clean like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths only to accept disgrace when they are past earning.

He has been setting age records since he was 15, and his personal bests show a steady progression up to his world records.

I think there is room for optimism. It wouldn't be a complete surprise if it turned out he was cheating, but it would be pretty disappointing.

He has been setting age records since he was 15, and his personal bests show a steady progression up to his world records.

I think there is room for optimism. It wouldn't be a complete surprise if it turned out he was cheating, but it would be pretty disappointing.

This is the one thing that makes me think he might be clean. His times improved until he turned 23 or 24 then start to tail off. This is the pattern that you expect from a clean sprinter. Conversely, Gatlin and Christie clocked PBs in their 30s.

Archived