Sportsound Tonight. 19th Jan

Greedy_Jambo

I cant put my finger on it but when this guy talks, people listen.

I am on the happy train with the coaching team and I think Cathro & McPhee are here until success is brought to our club, the Scottish Cup this season would may be asking too much, but there will be trophies in the cabinet in the next 2 to 3 years, IMO.

"He knows that Hearts supporters can be among the most demanding in the country, but he smiles at that. Cathro is either a very good actor or else he is utterly at home with the burden of expectation at Tynecastle.

"We want this," he says. "I want pressure, the players want pressure. Sometimes the environment has to be there to push you. We want to achieve things of significance here and not just feel comfortable and get a little pat on the back."

:yas: again.

This was the bit that stood out for me. It's possibly one of the most positive statements I can remember hearing from a Hearts manager. Exciting times ahead, imo.

I enjoyed the interview and I think IC says the right things but let's make no bones about it. Anything less than a win on Sunday will send this place into meltdown.

?Without winning, everything else is a waste of time"

Correct!

Brilliant stuff. Cathro really seems to get the club and is completely aware of the fans expectations and demands. Yes it will be a bumpy ride but he comes across as an ambitious and determined man and with the help of MacPhee and Levein we can go very far under Cathro. And I'm sure it will start for real on Sunday.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I enjoyed the interview and I think IC says the right things but let's make no bones about it. Anything less than a win on Sunday will send this place into meltdown.

?Without winning, everything else is a waste of time"

Correct!

And we will comfortably

Number ONE priority for me is bowing to the erse-cheeks..................let's GET IN TAE THEM!!

Good stuff on the whole.

Comes across like a continental coach but, **** me, he went down in my estimation when he started a reply with "Yeah, for sure..."

:seething:

There was a tiny touch of the Schteeve Mclarens in there too ...

Thanks to......a bit disco for the transcript posted earlier in thread. Certainly a good read.

Ian Cathro seems to be a very determined individual & with the assistance from Austin McPhee & dare I say it, Craig Levein, we could be in for interesting & successful times in the future.

I have previously commented that the appointments (IC/AMcP) are a bold move by HMFC, however I am sure, given time, the decision makers & the fans will be happy in times to come.

What a breath of fresh air he is.

As fans we have our part to play.

"Believe " may have to be used again.

In Cathro we trust!!

When he was appointed I had a superb feeling and positivity about it, I just knew he would be great for our club. The more he speaks, the more I believe this and I honestly think this is going to be a very bright and successful era in our history.

People are saying that the Raith game is a "must win", but even if we were to lose, I will still believe that he is going to be a very, very successful manager for us.

He gets us and for me, he is a winner.

Geoff Kilpatrick

He can talk a great game. Hopefully we now see that turning into action on the pitch. :thumbsup:

When he was appointed I had a superb feeling and positivity about it, I just knew he would be great for our club. The more he speaks, the more I believe this and I honestly think this is going to be a very bright and successful era in our history.

People are saying that the Raith game is a "must win", but even if we were to lose, I will still believe that he is going to be a very, very successful manager for us.

He gets us and for me, he is a winner.

If we can't beat Raith Rovers though...

Son Of Anarchy

We learn from it and become stronger.

Mr Boot, I'm in absolute agreement with your optimism. Given time (no idea how much yet) I feel CL/IC/AM could really shake Scottish football by the ging gangs and give us what we long for, a genuine challenge and hopefully success and good football. Fingers crossed, enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

The Treasurer

Every interview he has done he has come over very well.

But we all know talk is cheap, it's results that matter.

Can Cathro deliver ?

I'm pretty sure he can, but there will be bumps on the way and he may do things at times where we think, WTF ?

As the man himself says, we're all in this together, so we need to "believe" (where have I heard that before ?) and see where it takes us

Every interview he has done he has come over very well.

But we all know talk is cheap, it's results that matter.

Can Cathro deliver ?

I'm pretty sure he can, but there will be bumps on the way and he may do things at times where we think, WTF ?

As the man himself says, we're all in this together, so we need to "believe" (where have I heard that before ?) and see where it takes us

post-1253-0-31119300-1484900293_thumb.jpg

The Future's Maroon

He can certainly hold a good interview, seems to have the right idea's and a very driven person.

I dunno why but I get the impression that even after a full season here if things are going as well as he expects he wouldn't be the type to jump ship to English club, I could be wrong but I think he will want to see this one out...with the new stand (more income), hopefully he sees this as a long term journey and not a stepping stone he can jump from too early. He certainly talks like he thinks we can finally make that step up from 'best of the rest' challengers to title contenders, although I still feel we are a good season n and half from that...although that opinion could change after we get to see the players IC brings in over this and the next window.

I like this guy. He does come across as different from all the cliche football coaches and managers. I'm happy for results to be patchy for the rest of this season if it means groundwork is done for next season. Viva la revolucion! Vive la revolu??o! etc

Mr Boot, I'm in absolute agreement with your optimism. Given time (no idea how much yet) I feel CL/IC/AM could really shake Scottish football by the ging gangs and give us what we long for, a genuine challenge and hopefully success and good football. Fingers crossed, enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

Even if we arent able to seriously challenge Celtic, I can see cup wins & EL group stages, which would represent success in my eyes.

I really believe Cathros winning mentality will make a huge, huge difference and am hugely excited about the future!

I said before that under Neilson the excitement was gone. Even as an armchair viewer I was starting to leave before the end, I couldn't raise a shout at all. It was getting so dull!

Now we're excited again, people WANT to give the new guy time, we can all feel it. We'll look back on this time as the start of great things, I'm sure of it.

Christ, I'm sitting, nodding in agreement with Bowmans_Boot ffs - that's some powerful medicine!

I said before that under Neilson the excitement was gone. Even as an armchair viewer I was starting to leave before the end, I couldn't raise a shout at all. It was getting so dull!

Now we're excited again, people WANT to give the new guy time, we can all feel it. We'll look back on this time as the start of great things, I'm sure of it.

Christ, I'm sitting, nodding in agreement with Bowmans_Boot ffs - that's some powerful medicine!

Don't kid yourself if results aren't decent he will hear about it from the stands.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Don't kid yourself if results aren't decent he will hear about it from the stands.

He has already put his hand up and said he has made mistakes. Fans will respect his honesty as he looks less likely to use excuses and instead look to rectify the problems. That was in my opinion Robbie's downfall and lead to growing pressure from sections of the support.

Agreeing with me?!?! What next??

He has already put his hand up and said he has made mistakes. Fans will respect his honesty as he looks less likely to use excuses and instead look to rectify the problems. That was in my opinion Robbie's downfall and lead to growing pressure from sections of the support.

Yep. I don't thin Robbie ever admitted to making a mistake, instead he used the young team and still learning excuse.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Yep. I don't thin Robbie ever admitted to making a mistake, instead he used the young team and still learning excuse.

Ha ha that excuse kind of broke down when it was the likes of Cowie and Prince making the mistakes !

Agreeing with me?!?! What next??

Stay away from Rangers threads and it will happen more I'd think..

::troll:::'>

Elias Henry Furst

He's very impressive.

I could listen to him for hours.

Given time I think he'll prove to be an excellent coach of HMFC.

Very exciting times.

Archived